Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR Data attached: confirms central apnea - any help?
OSCAR Data attached: confirms central apnea - any help?
Thank you to the community and hello.

Have known since last year that my apnea was central as I get constant apnea episodes while resting but awake, along with constant oxygen desaturation (hypoxia & severe hypoxia). The attached top data-set is short but I was awake. Bottom data was asleep. No insurance, but am looking at maybe getting a used ASV, but if too expensive, maybe a Bipap Vauto or something similar. Can anyone offer any advice after taking a glimpse at the attached OSCAR data?

Thank you!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR Data attached: confirms central apnea - any help?
The AirSense 10 is a therapy device, not a diagnostic device.  If you have a valid diagnosis from a sleep study that assesses breathing disturbances, then CPAP, APAP, ASV therapy may be indicated.  It is not unusual for an APAP device to report CAs when you're adjusting to therapy, especially during waking periods.  Although it's too short, your report while asleep doesn't confirm CA to me.  It looks like you're getting CA events while drifting off to sleep and then again when you're waking up, but none during the period where you may have been in a deeper sleep stage.  None of that means that you don't have central apnea or that you don't also suffer from it while you're awake.  If you're suffering from severe desaturations while you're awake, then you should consult with a pulmonologist or a neurologist to find out what's going on.  There are breathing pacemakers that can be prescribed to treat central apnea.  Self diagnosis could send you in the wrong direction.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR Data attached: confirms central apnea - any help?
You can't really do much with a 14-minute and 2-hour session in terms of making conclusions. Your settings are 7 minimum, 9 maximum and EPR 2. I agree with the assessment by cdplatt that events seem to be clustered near the beginning and end of therapy and could be something that may self-resolve in time. If you have a sleep study that documents central apnea as a diagnostic before therapy, that might be more persuasive. You have a lot of flow limitation which is generally obstructive, otherwise I would suggest turning off EPR.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 102 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Current OSCAR Data Tylermdugan 0 63 03-26-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tylermdugan
  Need help with OSCAR data Abhi 5 400 03-26-2024, 05:31 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  Central while on ASV Boodmaster 11 2,513 03-26-2024, 02:37 AM
Last Post: Boodmaster
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,396 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 608 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 23 537 03-24-2024, 06:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.