Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Bobby J's Sleep Files
Bobby J's Sleep Files
Hi, I have been a CPAP user for about 5 years now, and I would say it has been mostly a success story so far. Limited events, no more snoring. The main issue that I periodically have been having has been waking up and having to swallow air. Can go days without it happening, and then it can happen 3 days in a row. And once it starts, it doesn't seem to stop for the rest of the night, even after adjusting my pillows. So I don't get much sleep when that happens. Last night was quite bad, and I ended up turning off the machine and restarting a few times. I am new to Oscar, and have posted the basic screenshot, so if anyone has any questions or suggestions, it would be most appreciated.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Bobby J's Sleep Files
Welcome to the forum.
Because of the aerophagia, I'd like you to try Min Pressure = 7 and EPR=3
The EPR should lower your average pressure and reduce your flow limits which are driving your pressure up,

Let us know how this works,
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, I will give that a try.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-15-2023, 02:47 PM)Gideon Wrote: Welcome to the forum.
Because of the aerophagia, I'd like you to try Min Pressure = 7 and EPR=3
The EPR should lower your average pressure and reduce your flow limits which are driving your pressure up,

Let us know how this works,

Applied the suggested changes to my machine, and didn't notice much difference last night, about 30 minutes into my sleep I was awoken by air gulps. Stopped the machine for a few minutes, made sure mask was on properly, and then restarted machine. Had a better sleep than the night before, but still was awoken by gulps from time to time. Used the N30 mask last night, as well as mouth tape. Have attached daily report, hopefully that gives a bit more info that is helpful.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question INTUS Sleep results, mild sleep apnea or UARS? Chimken 2 96 3 hours ago
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Just had a sleep study - Central Sleep Apnea with Cheyne Stokes srpmccarthy 3 115 10 hours ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 230 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 264 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [Admin Note] Members-Only FILES SuperSleeper 13 454 02-16-2024, 06:28 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Inconsistent Sleep Patterns and Confusing Sleep Studies - Please Review mperry99 17 1,426 10-14-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mperry99
  [Diagnosis] Sleep deprivation vs sleep apnea - my therapy thread JRNfromAZ 2 842 08-01-2023, 02:43 PM
Last Post: JRNfromAZ

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.