Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR Data vs Lookee O2 Ring
OSCAR Data vs Lookee O2 Ring
Just got my new replacement Lookee O2 ring in the mail. I have to say I like the O2 wrist monitor better as the weight was better distributed with the band on the wrist and sensor on the finger.  It's a shame the small cord between them was such a weak point. 

I'm not sure how accurate these continuous O2 monitors really are.  If it is, I have some serious issues with my therapy. As you can see, leak rates are decent now with the chin strap and under acceptable levels.  If Lookee is remotely accurate, my O2 drops still are big with BPAP VAuto regardless of having an AHI under 5.   The part that makes me question stuff is the O2 drops don't seem to correlate to apnea/hypopnea events in OSCAR on a consistent basis. They do at times, but not 100% of the time. 

Any thoughts on the disconnect?  I assume this level of O2 desaturation is very concerning considering I'm on BPAP Vauto.   Maybe the reason I was pushed to BPAP ST-A before, though that still made little to no difference in fatigue levels.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR Data vs Lookee O2 Ring
Thanks for posting that.  It looks to me like when your spo2 drops mid or low 80's, you turn or change position, and then most of the time right after that spo2 rises again.  But not every time.  

The bigger question seems to be why are you running between 87 or so to 83 or less or so for the majority of the night instead of around a median of 95 or so (maybe 98 to 92 range instead?)  

I don't get it either cmpman.
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. 

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.  
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-05-2023, 11:06 AM)Jay51 Wrote: Thanks for posting that.  It looks to me like when your spo2 drops mid or low 80's, you turn or change position, and then most of the time right after that spo2 rises again.  But not every time.  

The bigger question seems to be why are you running between 87 or so to 83 or less or so for the majority of the night instead of around a median of 95 or so (maybe 98 to 92 range instead?)  

I don't get it either cmpman.

Jay, that PDF file showed filtered data showing times ONLY when O2 was <88.  Attached is the entire night's sleep data where you can see there are times levels get higher.  Overall though, IF the data is accurate, numbers look pretty poor to me.  Let me know your thoughts.
Post Reply Post Reply
These seem to me to be concerning results. It may be some problem with the device, but in your place, I would get in touch with my doctor right away to discuss and follow up on these data. At the very least, your doctor may be able to provide you with a medical-grade device to monitor your O2 levels (perhaps both night and day). Additional and reliable data would be very helpful in deciding whether additional follow-up is warranted.
Post Reply Post Reply
Great points Dormeo.
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. 

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.  
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-05-2023, 01:15 PM)Dormeo Wrote: These seem to me to be concerning results.  It may be some problem with the device, but in your place, I would get in touch with my doctor right away to discuss and follow up on these data.  At the very least, your doctor may be able to provide you with a medical-grade device to monitor your O2 levels (perhaps both night and day).  Additional and reliable data would be very helpful in deciding whether additional follow-up is warranted.

I have my initial appt with my new sleep medicine practice Tuesday this week.  I will print out all results and surely ask about this and other stuff. I agree 100% about the need for a medical-grade oximeter to rule in/out this issue.  I truly question the accurary of Lookee's products BUT to be fair the results when awake or quite consistent with another over-the-counter spot read pulse-ox meter I own.  I truly hope these O2 numbers really aren't down in the mid to low 80s at times like the meter indicated.   That's real bad news when already on a BPAP at high pressure like 16 IPAP/8 EPAP.
Post Reply Post Reply
Keep us posted.
Post Reply Post Reply
One more night of data - another concerning night based on what I see.  With BPAP, low O2 saturation of 79% and it's scary it correlates some with the OSCAR data.  Not perfectly, but somewhat from what I'm able to to understand.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm very glad you have an appointment with a doctor tomorrow. A sleep doctor may or may not be the right person to follow up on these data. Be sure you are satisfied by the end of the appointment that a plan for further investigation is in place.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your spo2 chart doesn't have a median, 95%, etc. like OSCAR, but looking at it, it looks like your baseline (middle most of the time) runs around 90 or so.  Maybe 91.  Normal should be around 96 or so. Example:  96 vast majority of time, some drops, some rises.  You are around 90, then some rises, and then frequent large drops too (even gets down to high 70's).  Definitely not normal IMO.
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Adjusting Settings based on Oscar data rygonzo93 5 103 Today, 10:07 AM
Last Post: rygonzo93
  SleepHQ O2 Ring Alarm waking me up MurrayApnea 1 161 Today, 08:53 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Help reading OSCAR data JenniferJuniper 24 1,318 Yesterday, 10:17 AM
Last Post: JenniferJuniper
  [CPAP] Help with OSCAR data to help improve sleep Akaharu 7 268 Yesterday, 04:04 AM
Last Post: Akaharu
  [CPAP] OSCAR Data Review for New User goodfella7763 3 187 04-15-2024, 08:42 PM
Last Post: goodfella7763
  Just getting started, looking for an OSCAR data review mattcole3 3 116 04-12-2024, 12:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help - OSCAR Data Flspearfisher 2 387 04-11-2024, 01:09 PM
Last Post: Flspearfisher

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.