Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR Data vs Lookee O2 Ring
RE: OSCAR Data vs Lookee O2 Ring
You qualify for supplemental oxygen, and we have a lot of members that use an oxygen bleed into their PAP. Any of your doctors can use the data you already have to prescribe oxygen therapy. A holter monitor can also collect that data needed to justify the medical necessity of oxygen.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Even with the chinstrap, I still can't get leaks to an acceptable level.  Numbers are creeping back up.  I don't understand.  The leak starts so fast and is pretty consistent. I wash my mask cushion every single day to get oils off.  Wonderful AHI number, but is it very meaninful with an average leak over 30 L/min really?
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you checked your hose for holes, and have you checked the hose connections to your mask and machine?
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-10-2023, 11:33 AM)Dormeo Wrote: Have you checked your hose for holes, and have you checked the hose connections to your mask and machine?

I will check again.  When I was the tubing, I have not seen any water come out anywhere but the ends of the hose.  When I put the mask on in the beginning of the night, I don't hear air leaking so I assume the connection between the mask/machine must be solid.   Maybe I will put on a new tubing to see if it helps. I believe it's under 3 months old though.
Post Reply Post Reply
Leaks are bad, but the machine didn't lose control. We would see the respiration rate drop if it did. Is this leak all from your mouth? If so, we might have to get back to some FFM options. We used to have a member that preached the "tongue suck method" of stopping leaks. No air will enter your mouth if the back of your tongue blocks the airway to prevent air from coming into the mouth. This is basically wtih the tip of the tongue behind the front teeth and sucked up to the roof of the mouth. Something I used to learn control of pressure was to drink water from a straw while using CPAP. This teaches how to control the tongue and airway to actually be able to drink and control the air. Experienced users of nasal pillows can actually talk normally while using the pressure. Learning control is the key to never leaking through the mouth.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-10-2023, 05:34 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Leaks are bad, but the machine didn't lose control. We would see the respiration rate drop if it did.  Is this leak all from your mouth? If so, we might have to get back to some FFM options.  We  used to have a member that preached the "tongue suck method" of stopping leaks.   No air will enter your mouth if the back of your tongue blocks the airway to prevent air from coming into the mouth.  This is basically wtih the tip of the tongue behind the front teeth and sucked up to the roof of the mouth.  Something I used to learn control of pressure was to drink water from a straw while using CPAP.  This teaches how to control the tongue and airway to actually be able to drink and control the air.  Experienced users of nasal pillows can actually talk normally while using the pressure.  Learning control is the key to never leaking through the mouth.
Sleeprider, I have used a FFM for 15+ years. :Smile  I honestly don't know where the leak is coming from.  I don't hear it in the middle of the night.  Last night was about as good numbers as I get.  The only missing piece are the O2 stats as my device is again in transit as it needed to be replaced.  Makes me wonder how reliable Lookee's products are, but I'll see.  I told them I was getting real tired of a night's sleep getting broken into 4-6 sessions for no particular reason.  They said it is 'rare', but ironically a simple Google search yields all kinds of complaints on this very issue.   

I have never used anything but a FFM my whole experience on BPAP.
Post Reply Post Reply
Another night of on paper excellent results, but I know for a fact I slept restlessly due to back / shoulder pain I always have.   I honestly don't believe a thing this machine says. 

This chart doesn't look great to me when zoomed in, but maybe I'm wrong.
Post Reply Post Reply
As you suggest, it is conflicting data. The close-up suggests a pretty significant flow limitation, but your tidal volume is very high and the peak flow on that zoom is just fine. Maybe you just have a relatively long inspiration and we're seeing a long peak flow?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-12-2023, 12:34 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: As you suggest, it is conflicting data. The close-up suggests a pretty significant flow limitation, but your tidal volume is very high and the peak flow on that zoom is just fine. Maybe you just have a relatively long inspiration and we're seeing a long peak flow?

I have been wondering what a regular flow rate should be breath to breath.  During those flattened periods, the max inspiration is around 27. It stayed 24-27 for many breaths over the period.  My machine is consistently reporting 98-99% of my breaths are spontaneous.  I'm not sure about the long inspiration time issue.  It's certainly possible.  I got my replacement Lookee O2 ring today in the mail.  I'm interested in seeing what type of O2 trends it reports and hopefully continuously instead of broken up sessions this time.  I'm very, very doubtful it'll function properly, but I'll see. I think these companies generally still have a ways to go to produce a reliable overnight O2 meter with durability.  First step is to drop the nonsense of one size fits all and be self aware to realize many people with sleep apnea are large (hence why they may have it) and it's critical to make a ring that first bigger fingers more appropriate.  At the very least offer an upgrade option for those individuals.
Post Reply Post Reply
Got my new Lookee O2 ring y-day.   I really hope this thing isn't just a $100+ paperweight with no value.  The numbers on it just make no sense IF the ResMed Air Curve 10 ST-A is reporting accurately.  I don't know what to believe anymore.  Sad

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  oscar data sleeper2460 0 51 8 hours ago
Last Post: sleeper2460
  Go2sleep Wearable Sleep Tracking Ring ivan007 0 63 03-26-2024, 11:29 AM
Last Post: ivan007
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 107 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Current OSCAR Data Tylermdugan 0 66 03-26-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tylermdugan
  Need help with OSCAR data Abhi 5 404 03-26-2024, 05:31 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached) Stephaniea0213 5 144 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 148 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.