Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR Data vs Lookee O2 Ring
RE: OSCAR Data vs Lookee O2 Ring
What finger are you using for the ring?
Post Reply Post Reply
again, you are wearing it on the wrong finger, did you tell them?  They are designed specifically for pointer and thumb
Post Reply Post Reply
Last night I used my ring finger.  These devices are stupidly small and don't fit a thumb or pointer finger unless you weigh 125 lbs.  As I stated earlier, surely they are not constructed for the typical apnea sufferer or at minimum no reason not to offer multiple sized rings to accommodate all their potential customers. 

I am not seeing correlation between OSCAR events and saturation drops so I'm leaning towards the reported numbers being BS.   I just don't know.  That said, the numbers are pretty close to a finger clip pulse-ox when using side by side while awake.  I am absolutely sure this device never fell off my finger or loosened at night.
Post Reply Post Reply
there is also a finger tip unit for the same unit, or at least was when I last talked with viatomtech about it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-13-2023, 10:42 AM)jeffpack1957 Wrote: again, you are wearing it on the wrong finger, did you tell them?  They are designed specifically for pointer and thumb

It is not even close to fitting on a pointer or thumb Jeff.   Not for me.  The rep said it can be worn technically on any digit that fits.  Again when awake, it is relatively close (+/-1) to a finger clip oximeter regardless of what finger I clip on to.  I am starting to think the Lookee device has periods where it just goes 'crazy' and records whatever while finger clips don't do this severely. This is the one I'm using:

https://www.lookeetech.com/products/look...leep-apnea
Post Reply Post Reply
and I'm 6ft 225
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-13-2023, 10:48 AM)cmpman1974 Wrote: It is not even close to fitting on a pointer or thumb Jeff.   Not for me.  The rep said it can be worn technically on any digit that fits.  Again when awake, it is relatively close (+/-1) to a finger clip oximeter regardless of what finger I clip on to.  I am starting to think the Lookee device has periods where it just goes 'crazy' and records whatever while finger clips don't do this severely.

lookee is totally wrong, I talk direct with viatomtech, the people that wrote the software, etc.  They are only designed for pointer and thumb.  The perfusion on other fingers is not reliable

Thats why in the hospital, they are put on pointer finger.

In the end, at least for mine and several hundred people I know regularly, they are very accurate for sleep. Perhaps if you toss and turn all night, as movement does throw them off, they are most accurate stationary.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-13-2023, 10:48 AM)cmpman1974 Wrote: It is not even close to fitting on a pointer or thumb Jeff.   Not for me.  The rep said it can be worn technically on any digit that fits.  Again when awake, it is relatively close (+/-1) to a finger clip oximeter regardless of what finger I clip on to.  I am starting to think the Lookee device has periods where it just goes 'crazy' and records whatever while finger clips don't do this severely.  This is the one I'm using:

https://www.lookeetech.com/products/look...leep-apnea

ah, I was thinking you had the  separate sensor model, as that one has a fingertip sensor option.

this is the unit you really want.

https://getwellue.com/products/checkme-o...e-oximeter.  Most all my folks use the thumb, except a couple have the fingertip
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-13-2023, 10:53 AM)jeffpack1957 Wrote: lookee is totally wrong, I talk direct with viatomtech, the people that wrote the software, etc.  They are only designed for pointer and thumb.  The perfusion on other fingers is not reliable

Thats why in the hospital, they are put on pointer finger.

In the end, at least for mine and several hundred people I know regularly, they are very accurate for sleep. Perhaps if you toss and turn all night, as movement does throw them off, they are most accurate stationary.

I certainly am not anywhere near 225 lbs, but also not 500-600+ lbs either.   My hands are large, but generally I can fit in XL gloves so it would seem reasonable I could find a product that would fit on a digit.   I tried and I can fit the Lookee Ring on my pointer finger up to the bend in my finger.  No way it goes further than that without severe stress on the band. 

I do toss and turn a fair amount as I'm in significant discomfort due to all my lower back / shoulder problems. I have watched myself on video now fairly often at night. While I do turn more than the average person I'm sure, I have enough still periods where any recording device should have some time frames to pick up. 

I am beginning to feel Lookee tells people whatever they want to hear.  I really can't keep up with the loop between Lookee, Wellue, Viatom, etc. So many names and products mixed in. What's the point?
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd say the point is to get you some trustworthy night-time O2 data. I don't think the device you're using now is trustworthy, since you can't use it in the way that, we have reason to think, is optimal. I really think your doctor should be providing you with a device that will work for YOU to generate several nights of data. Can you try that route again?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First night CPAP + OSCAR data Ostrich 1 42 2 hours ago
Last Post: Ostrich
  oscar data sleeper2460 0 57 Yesterday, 09:13 AM
Last Post: sleeper2460
  Go2sleep Wearable Sleep Tracking Ring ivan007 0 66 03-26-2024, 11:29 AM
Last Post: ivan007
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 108 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Current OSCAR Data Tylermdugan 0 72 03-26-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tylermdugan
  Need help with OSCAR data Abhi 5 406 03-26-2024, 05:31 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached) Stephaniea0213 5 150 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.