Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR Doing Weird Things Recently
OSCAR Doing Weird Things Recently
Up until a couple of days ago, OSCAR was doing its duty and faithfully reporting my data each morning as it should.
Yesterday, I put the SD card in my computer and there was no data. This has happened once before and it was due to the fact that I hadn't seated the card properly in my ResMed machine. 

So, last night I double-checked that the card was seated properly and went to sleep. This morning I put the SD card in my computer and receive the same message that there is no data to report. However, when I click on Saturday nights date, the data that wasn't there Sunday morning is now available. 

I'll give it a couple more nights to see if this still happens, but has anybody ever experienced this weirdness?
My get-up-and-go musta got up and went.  Cool

Download OSCAR for your sleep data.  
https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR Doing Weird Things Recently
SD cards can go bad in a heartbeat. You might try replacing it with a new one.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If I replace the card, will my machine write any previous data to the card, or do I need to do some type of transfer?

My first thought was that the card was full. I know that's not likely, but there is plenty of room left.

The machine is apparently writing data to the card, just not on a daily basis...I think?

Post Reply Post Reply
Since SD cards can go bad instantly, you should maintain a backup copy of all its data on your PC. If you follow this procedure, then if and when you use a new card, all your history is archived on the PC for safe keeping and any data lost on the card is meaningless.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Is your clock set right after the time change?
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-02-2020, 12:21 PM)staceyburke Wrote: Is your clock set right after the time change?

Yeah, I thought of that too. Especially since later in the day, I reinserted my SD card in the machine just troubleshooting and put it back in my computer and the data was there. So, early morning when I normally check OSCAR....no data. Later in the day....normal data.  Huh

So I thought what if the time change has some effect on when the data is recorded to the card. I changed the time on the ResMed and had already bought a new SD card. 

I forgot to use the old card to see if the time change made any difference, but the new card recorded all the data normally. Tonight I will put the old card back in to see if there's any difference.

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-02-2020, 10:39 AM)upsman Wrote: . . .
So, last night I double-checked that the card was seated properly and went to sleep. This morning I put the SD card in my computer and receive the same message that there is no data to report. However, when I click on Saturday nights date, the data that wasn't there Sunday morning is now available. 

I'll give it a couple more nights to see if this still happens, but has anybody ever experienced this weirdness?

Hi upsman,
I just had a weird experience, somewhat similar.  Sunday, due to the DST change, I left the machine powered up but idle for several hours, so I could then set the clock back an hour.  I had pulled the SD card while the machine was still powered up, which I normally don't do.  I had waked up once for a bathroom break, and when I imported the Saturday night data (OSCAR 1.2.0), only the 1st session was showing.  I checked the machine's sleep report, and it had recorded the whole night, as did MyAir.  I let it go and waited for Monday.  After importing on Monday, the Sunday data imported and appeared normally.  I then checked back to the Saturday data.  Both sessions now appeared properly.  I had not attempted a 2nd import on Sunday, which might have fixed the issue - don't know.  Nor did I do any other procedure like Rebuilding.  It's a mystery.
A.Becker
PAPing in NE Ohio, with a pack of Cairn terriers
Post Reply Post Reply
re time change: I"m still using 1.2.0 rc-1 so this may or may not apply to the current release. mid afternoon nov 2 I set my resmed machine time back an hour after a 16 minute nap. I was a little surprised it allowed it after using it briefly before changing the time, but figured I just don't remember how it worked in other years. after downloading from the sd card today nov 3 oscar was different than the machine display in nearly every category. purged the day, downloaded from the sd card a second time and oscar and machine display match up. to pick just usage time, the machine reported 8h24m, oscar first reported 6h36m, a difference of 1h48m, clearly not accounted for by the 16 minute nap. in 6 sessions, the 4th was 1h44m, close but no cigar. no combination of session times adds to 1h48m. it's all fine now, just reporting odd behavior.
Post Reply Post Reply
That does sound very similar. 

I don't think the SD card is the issue, but I'll post back tomorrow after a night with the old card in.

Post Reply Post Reply
Well, since nothing else was changed except the time on my machine, I would say that was the issue.

I used the original SD card again last night and the data was there this morning as usual.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weird chart display Dormeo 2 549 04-14-2022, 02:14 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Oscar - Weird date thing happening ? DaveCar 3 530 11-25-2021, 09:18 PM
Last Post: DaveCar
  Oscar: Weird spikes in flow rate and other feedback readings MikeBob 5 921 03-05-2021, 07:52 PM
Last Post: MikeBob
  Oscar download looks/sounds weird Fabby 1 832 09-26-2019, 09:11 PM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
  Two things to change for next build CPAPreturnee 1 1,205 05-23-2017, 12:32 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  The report goes weird: the data or the software goes wrong? asdftalk 3 1,438 07-19-2016, 09:52 PM
Last Post: asdftalk
  Most important things to look at in Rescan and SleepyHead Rousseau21 12 3,743 02-08-2016, 03:13 PM
Last Post: whmagill

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.