Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR Download Question
OSCAR Download Question
I've been slow to download OSCAR and have just used SH.  Now need to load it on a different laptop so no files available.  Can I just use the SD card like I did when first installing SH?  Another question--just recently had to go with a new SD crd in my machine--the old one quit working (cheap one from Phillips Respronics).  How far back does the new card copy?  Thanks for the help you give to computer dummies like me!  I know how to use them, just shaky on setting things up!   Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR Download Question
You can use the SD card with Oscar. And you can get the old data from SleepyHead to Oscar, if you have the Old SleepyHead working (the directory structure and files). Use Oscar's import and open the backup directory like you open SD card directory. Oscar imports old data. I think that your new SD card don't contain all earlier data, so you can import them from SleepyHeads backups.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you. Old SH works on my main laptop but the keyboard isn't working and I can't get it into the shop until next week. When it is fixed I can use the SH files. We have another laptop I will use for awhile and it doesn't have SH on it. I don't have a file share or synch or whatever you call it set up to transfer the SH files from old laptop to newer one. Can I copy that folder to an email and send it to myself and open it in the computer where I want it loaded?
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd think that should work. There may be a size limit to file attachment size, but it may not be an issue. Example: Gmail attached file limit 25GB.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just to clarify - your old laptop has a broken keyboard so you can't do anything with it until it's fixed? In that case, install Oscar on your second laptop and insert the SD card. You'll probably get a heap of summary data but somewhat less detailed data (I don't know how long your machine retains detailed data on the card).

When your old laptop is fixed, the easiest way to retrieve your SleepyHead data is to use a thumb drive (USB stick).
  1. On the old laptop, find your SleepyHead data directory (most likely in c:\users\yourname\documents\Sleepyhead_Data or something like that).
  2. Copy the whole directory to a clean (empty) thumb drive
  3. Insert your thumb drive into the new laptop (the one with Oscar on it)
  4. In Oscar do an SD card data import. Oscar will try to find the SD card, but point it to the thumb drive (which might show as Drive E: or something like that)
  5. Oscar will copy all the relevant material across to Oscar and you should be able to see your full history.

If you want to install Oscar on your main laptop when it's fixed, just follow the instructions in the installation guide. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...stallation
This time, make sure you select the option to migrate your SleepyHead data, and Oscar will automatically bring everything over.

It sounds convoluted but it's really an easy step-wise process.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-11-2019, 05:02 PM)SideSleeper Wrote: I've been slow to download OSCAR and have just used SH.  Now need to load it on a different laptop so no files available.  Can I just use the SD card like I did when first installing SH?  Another question--just recently had to go with a new SD crd in my machine--the old one quit working (cheap one from Phillips Respronics).  How far back does the new card copy?  Thanks for the help you give to computer dummies like me!  I know how to use them, just shaky on setting things up!   Oh-jeez

If you wanted to move the existing Oscar data to your new computer copy the My Documents\Sleepyhead_Data folder and all subdirectories to the new computer before installing Oscar. Importing from the backup folders can affect overview data if you have used different machine models over time.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks to all that provided answers! I couldn't copy the SH files from the old laptop since the keyboard doesn't work, but will do so when I get it fixed next week. I used my fairly new SD card and the download went smoothly onto the newer laptop. However the data only goes back a month or so. I hunted up my old SD card which my machine was rejecting, reloaded it a few times, and it seemed to work--got the notice it was loading information. If it continues to work can I put it in the new installation--it goes back several years. I appreciated the clear instructions on putting the screen in order if I need help--hadn't done that in SH.
Post Reply Post Reply
Try plugging in a standard size keyboard into the defective laptop. I regularly use a standard keyboard, trackball, and a large monitor with mine.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Things changed since my last post. My old laptop's keyboard decided to work again (this has happened before) so I downloaded OSCAR from the SH file--worked like a charm. I forgot all about using a thumb drive to transfer the file to the new computer and will attempt that tomorrow. My old SD card also started working again so I put that in the new computer but all the info didn't transfer. I think I will un-install OSCAR on the new computer and start over with the thumb drive. I've never used one that way and my husband, who knows how to do it is hunting, but should be able to find help if I get lost.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks to all who offered help. Just finished re-installing OSCAR on my newer laptop--successfully on the first try and all results are there from day one. I found out I didn't know how to use the thumb drive, so took both laptops and the thumb drive with me when I turned in the old laptop to our computer tech to troubleshoot my keyboard. He easily downloaded the SH data from the old one to the thumb drive then we loaded that into the new laptop. When I got home I deleted the OSCAR from a few days ago and started over using the SH file and it was so easy I thought I'd made a mistake and skipped something! After I downloaded it I put in my old SD card that decided to work again after loading into the PAP machine and catching up--was totally surprised when all 4 years of use showed up in the Statistics and Calendar in the new install. Next help I will need is the CMS50F Pulse Oximeter I ordered some time ago but I will take a break for awhile before doing that. My old brain needs a rest1
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar question - flow rate graph not showing kkjacks 7 106 03-23-2024, 11:12 AM
Last Post: kkjacks
  Oscar 1.5.1 - where to download cc0bc973 stanley61 4 197 02-26-2024, 02:11 PM
Last Post: stanley61
  AirSense 11 Data download csv file vs. card tkblizard 3 492 12-29-2023, 04:33 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Are older versions of OSCAR available to download? leonking 0 297 11-23-2023, 03:01 PM
Last Post: leonking
  Oscar Question paulag1955 11 920 11-19-2023, 01:37 AM
Last Post: paulag1955
  can i download the data of the sd card? ness1125 2 441 10-05-2023, 09:34 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  UNABLE TO DOWNLOAD OSCAR 1.5.0 Greywolfe 1 442 09-07-2023, 12:18 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.