Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR & DreamStation BiPAP AVAPS - Only Partial Data Plotting
OSCAR & DreamStation BiPAP AVAPS - Only Partial Data Plotting
I have a Philips Respironics DreamStation BiPAP AVAPS (MN=1030X110) whose data I've loaded to a fresh install of OSCAR v1.0.1.  As can be visualized in the attached images, only a part of the data is plotted.  This partial display occurs with each day's charts with plotting of only the first and/or last part of the full time range.  

Is this a known error that is, hopefully, on the to-do-list?  Can I assist in development by providing data??

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR & DreamStation BiPAP AVAPS - Only Partial Data Plotting
(05-21-2019, 06:51 PM)Rtype Wrote: I have a Philips Respironics DreamStation BiPAP AVAPS (MN=1030X110) whose data I've loaded to a fresh install of OSCAR v1.0.1.  As can be visualized in the attached images, only a part of the data is plotted.  This partial display occurs with each day's charts with plotting of only the first and/or last part of the full time range.  

Is this a known error that is, hopefully, on the to-do-list?  Can I assist in development by providing data??

Not an error I see in our list in this form, but it is probably related to other Dreamstation issues.  (Dreamstation support in SH 1.1.0 and thus Oscar 1.0.0 is most kindly described as "preliminary.")

I'll log this error and direct it to the person working on this area.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Were you titrated in a lab on the AVAPS? I would trust that and the doctor's philips program. I don't think there in one you can download.

Or if your insurance isn't covering much, and you are self titrating. You may need to work from the data on the screen and the limited oscar.
This titration guide may help on page 19. it will show you the default settings and how to adjust from there. If you think you may have adjusted other setting and are unsure, you can do a master reset to default for the other settings.
https://www.sleepapnea.com/downloads/100...fGuide.pdf

There is the default settings and people here can help you adjust if issues come up, Between oscar and your screen, there may be enough.
You also need the left hand column. in the links at the top of the page here, it will tell you how to layout your charts
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Does the AVAPS have an OptiStart setting? Try turning it off as a temporary fix.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-21-2019, 07:13 PM)GuyScharf Wrote: Not an error I see in our list in this form, but it is probably related to other Dreamstation issues.  (Dreamstation support in SH 1.1.0 and thus Oscar 1.0.0 is most kindly described as "preliminary.")

I'll log this error and direct it to the person working on this area.

Great.  Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-21-2019, 07:38 PM)ajack Wrote: Were you titrated in a lab on the AVAPS? I would trust that and the doctor's philips program. I don't think there in one you can download.

Or if your insurance isn't covering much, and you are self titrating. You may need to work from the data on the screen and the limited oscar.
This titration guide may help on page 19. it will show you the default settings and how to adjust from there. If you think you may have adjusted other setting and are unsure, you can do a master reset to default for the other settings.
https://www.sleepapnea.com/downloads/100...fGuide.pdf

There is the default settings and people here can help you adjust if issues come up, Between oscar and your screen, there may be enough.
You also need the left hand column. in the links at the top of the page here, it will tell you how to layout your charts

Thanks for the references.  I'm fairly well set with lab-titrated settings, but I like to monitor, as I'm sure we all do.

(05-21-2019, 11:18 PM)b.e.wilson Wrote: Does the AVAPS have an OptiStart setting? Try turning it off as a temporary fix.

Yes, there is a ramp up option, but I have it turned off.  I prefer to go full pressure at the onset.   Appreciate the suggestion!
Post Reply Post Reply
My Reading where messed up too with opti / start turned on turning off fixed the problem ... I also noticed that having BPM in Auto Screwed up the AHI readings IN Oscar 0.23 When the machines display and dream Mapper is reporting 2.1 AHI .. have now just changed the BPM from auto back to my norm that was 10 and will see how Oscar Handles that
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR Vs device data Siva 1 62 Yesterday, 12:44 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Oscar "No Supported Data Found" Resmed Airsense 11 cpapmj 3 86 04-13-2024, 10:21 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR import of Viatom/Wellue data - DST time base SleeperAwake21 5 924 03-30-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: dfunk
  OSCAR not recognising SD card data from BMC alid 7 269 03-30-2024, 12:44 AM
Last Post: alid
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 3 242 03-29-2024, 11:02 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Uploading Wellue O2 Ring Data to Oscar ggs5 9 902 03-29-2024, 08:52 AM
Last Post: StuartC
  OSCAR and DreamStation 2 sallym 11 864 03-28-2024, 01:20 AM
Last Post: sallym

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.