Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR: Dreamstation 2 Status
RE: Dreamstation 2 Status
"Your choices and rights
If you would like to submit a request to access, rectify, erase, restrict or object to the processing of
personal data that you have previously provided to us, or if you would like to submit a request to receive 
an electronic copy of your personal data for purposes of transmitting it to another company (to the extent 
this right to data portability is provided to you by applicable law), you may contact us at 
privacy@philips.com. We will respond to your request consistent with applicable law" - that's from DreamMapper GDPR's privacy note. Of course it's not simple import/export but it could become one if enought people start asking for transfer of data to Oscar on daily basis (for example via some automation) Wink
Post Reply Post Reply
Looking forward to this. My number came up for replacement DS unit, and it's a DS2.
I'm going to miss this loaner AS-10. Great machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
The fact they they encrypted the data - hiding it from patients - is a sign of badwill.  

The fact that the defect went on for so long, affected so many machines, and was handled so poorly already was problematic.

I used my old F&P HC-231 when I heard of the recall until the replacement came.

Note that my first hand experience is relatively good.  I has a DS1 for six years with no visible particles, no weird odors, and did not experience the symptoms described.  The DS2 arrived as a replacement and and it seems to be a pretty good machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-28-2022, 08:29 AM)DH07002 Wrote: The fact they they encrypted the data - hiding it from patients - is a sign of badwill. 

Exactly.  And we will be doing all we can here on Apnea Board to counter this anti-patient trend.  If this trend spreads to other manufacturers, our whole patient-empowerment movement will be crushed, or at best severely limited as to how much we can help patients.

Stay tuned...
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dreamstation 1 to Dreamstation 2 - hardly any water use Lazagna 4 1,753 10-22-2022, 06:59 PM
Last Post: Tampa Jim
  [CPAP] Dreamstation 2 vs. Dreamstation 1 Pressure FOMO 2 1,559 09-18-2022, 07:59 PM
Last Post: FOMO
  OSCAR: OSCAR - DS2 Status Gideon 8 1,565 12-11-2021, 04:07 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  [CPAP] Philips Dreamstation & Dreamstation Go Different AHI? Thedudefino 2 1,327 05-31-2021, 11:33 AM
Last Post: Thedudefino
  6 month status update - suggestions YYCBrian 4 928 08-28-2020, 10:36 PM
Last Post: YYCBrian
  BIG change in leaking status TheLionSleeps 5 2,148 09-17-2016, 06:05 PM
Last Post: Rcgop
  Change In Status (Peeing at night) larrygreg 2 1,871 11-26-2015, 11:32 AM
Last Post: DumfriesDik

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.