Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR Error reporting Inspiration Time as Expiration?
OSCAR Error reporting Inspiration Time as Expiration?
This is weird.  Using OSCAR 1.2.0 on Mac OS laptop.

My Inspiration Time is usually reported somewhere near twice the Expiration Time recorded each night.  This is consistently reported night after night on my recalled PRS1 machines over the years, and now on my recently obtained used ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset.  

For a few days I had a ResMed Aircurve 10 VAuto loaned to me.  When I look more closely that data is flipped.  It looks as if Inspiration and Expiration are backwards, mislabeled. 

If it helps, the VAuto was SW SX567-0302, dating back to 2015 according to it’s serial number. 
The VAuto screen “sleep report” showed “I:E 1:1.9” on the screen on the next night, same ratio as shown in photo. No such ratio is reported on the other machines.

I did not have a change of breathing patterns for those nights!  It has to be an OSCAR glitch.  Which report is wrong in OSCAR?  I’m thinking the VAuto, because shouldn’t it show long inspiration time?  Isn’t that what 1:1.9 implies?

Here are three summer nights in CPAP mode on three machines, with the VAuto shown in the middle, marked with an X.

[attachment=35162]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR Error reporting Inspiration Time as Expiration?
This is an issue that has been brought up earlier, and not resolved to my satisfaction.

One point I am sure of is that when the report the I:E ration as 1:1.9, they really do mean that expiration time is nearly twice as long as Inspiration time.

I have several sample VAuto data sets, so I will be investigating this once the v1.3 release is complete.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR Error reporting Inspiration Time as Expiration?
Pholynyk said:
“ One point I am sure of is that when the report the I:E ration as 1:1.9, they really do mean that expiration time is nearly twice as long as Inspiration time.”

So this is why the use of EPR can help bring the two closer together. On the AutoSet and my old PRS1, it never made sense to suggest EPR, because it would only make expiration go faster, and that is showing in OSCAR to be half the time of inspiration already.

So, the middle OSCAR report for VAuto is right, and the other two are wrong.

Thanks!!! That is something I’ll need to point out to the doctor when I finally get my Sleep & Lung clinic appointment (other thread), and show them OSCAR examples.

I’m glad I had those few days on a device that reports the real ratio.

- SleepyCPAP
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newbie Q on using OSCAR for first time Tman1966 1 33 9 hours ago
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  How and where to adjust local time. douglaskeene 2 89 03-23-2024, 04:07 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  OSCAR v1.5.2- error code 5, unable to write to data directory sleepynotion 2 109 03-18-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: sleepynotion
  Time listed: Wrong end time? How to fix? Plmnb 5 204 03-08-2024, 08:57 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Total Time In Apnea is missing ElUno 3 326 02-26-2024, 09:23 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  OSCAR- How to set time change to (Daylight Savings time) Reesche 5 756 01-03-2024, 04:44 PM
Last Post: Reesche
  Time adjust BlueSky1958 0 418 12-10-2023, 08:05 AM
Last Post: BlueSky1958

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.