Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR Gaps (NoPressure, No Respiration) w/new AutoSense 10 - Help pls
OSCAR Gaps (NoPressure, No Respiration) w/new AutoSense 10 - Help pls

Hello - am new to the forum here; could really use some help trying to "debug" an issue w/ new ResMed Autosense 10 (card to cloud) and bad sleep (AM headaches, groggy).  Am a 22 year CPAP user (5 machines), using same pressure settings as past 20 yrs (8cmH20).  Using both old masks (Aloha Pillow) and new Full Face Dreamware (occ'l mouth leaks - chin strap benefit inconsistent). Have MD approval for APAP 8-10.5cm H20 (PRN weight gain)  past 3 years.  Don't usually mess with settings, but trying CPAP 8.0, 9.0 and APAP 8-11 to pin down - problems remain.  ISSUE -  Seeing "gaps" or "blackouts" with OSCAR data - occurs  85-90% of the time - with CPAP or APAP - with old and new masks.   Flow, breathing, all go to zero for 3-6 mins at a time. Have had mouth leak issues past year and have used  chin strap (conventional & Knightsbridge) and mouth taping (real bad headache - not sure if Autosense 10 exacerbates)-same data gaps.   AC power isn't suspect (no clocks reset or indications), and Autostart/stop is disabled.  OSCAR notes some large leaks with Full Face, but AHI is under 2-3.  Early wakeup headaches suggest it's not just a data gap.  I'd emailed one prominent sleep expert/YouTuber, no reply as of yet - don't know if there are other well recognized national folks who do dial-in/Zoom PAP data reviews.   My sleep MD is booked out 6 weeks.  Appreciate any help offered.  New to using OSCAR/Autosense 10, have 10 days remaining on 30 day new/trial.  Have read of other Autosense10s that shut off - but this data shows "gaps" .. ON-Zero-BACK ON.  Can't figure out my breathing going to 0 for 5 mins.  Sorry for the 'blog' just trying to be complete.

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR Gaps (NoPressure, No Respiration) w/new AutoSense 10 - Help pls
Hi Stearman478cc! - Welcome

Your calendar eats up some valuable real estate and didn't allow for the session times to be displayed in the lower left. Please use the F12 key to take the screenshot. This will collapse the calendar and provide information needed to help answer your question.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
From the pressure graph - which returns to the minimum pressure after each gap, I am guessing (can't see all the Setings panel - that you have Smart Start (and Stop) enabled, and it is causing you problems.

I suggest you turn off that feature and see if the problem goes away.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for taking the time to reply - and the tip to disable the calendar to display session times.
Will repost screen shot shortly.
The SmartStart feature is Disabled. (no auto on/off - manual only)
Post Reply Post Reply
New to the message board - sorry for the multiple posts - no edit button yet. Possible Firefox browser issue :/ Hopefully enough here to show the gaps.

Found out this AM, using a conventional Manometer Calibration Tube, setting pressure on Airsense 10 yields about 0.8 cm less pressure on Calibration tube when machine is running, regardless of pressure setting on AirSense 10 (Set 9.0 - Calibrated to 8.2, Set 10.0 - Calibrates to 9.2) My older ResMed and DeVilbiss were much closer.

Thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I deleted your previous post that contained only the first image that you reposted above.

If you look at the lower left of the Daily screen, you will see the different recorded sleep sessions. You have some that are deselected, while others are not. This will display as gaps, since you did include a 4-minute session at the beginning.

Based on your pressure calibration results, it sounds like you have a bad sensor. It seems like it a good time for your little puppy to visit with a technician.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the same problem.  As you can see from the image I attached, all the session info is selected.

Do I need a new SD card?  My machine has been plugged in the whole time (ResMed A10)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I went back through and found... that's when I was getting up to pee!  Also, an afternoon nap will make the data look funny, with big gaps.  Sorry for the false alarm... I went back through the files on the card and found that the times were correct, then I noticed things like afternoon naps that give huge gaps.  Carry on.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-26-2023, 09:45 AM)scowell Wrote: I have the same problem. 
Well, your problem is the disastrous leakage.  In fact, at the moment you're using the machine as a leaf blower.
Mike
Post Reply Post Reply
I sometimes get gaps like this, too. Most of the time, I can account for them (i.e., I woke up and couldn't go back to sleep for however long), but occasionally I have one that I can't account for, like this one. It's a mystery.

Paula

"If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started I was desperately wishing to be where I am now."
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cheyne-Stokes not shown on OSCAR w/ new Autosense 10 !! JoyD. 2 519 02-26-2023, 05:56 PM
Last Post: JoyD.
  Sleepyhead data gaps...? radyeus 1 1,176 12-19-2018, 12:56 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Large unexplained gaps in SleepyHead reports go2sleep 18 3,983 12-06-2018, 10:48 PM
Last Post: Cam12
  Resmed Autosense 10 and SD cards alanarthur 13 3,502 05-23-2018, 01:04 AM
Last Post: RedBarron
  Gaps in data gwenc 5 1,670 08-06-2017, 07:47 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.