Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR Glitch OR Machine Settings / Time Issue
OSCAR Glitch OR Machine Settings / Time Issue
Good Morning. Thanks again for everyone that assisted with the release of the new version of Oscar. It's greatly appreciated.

I completed uninstalled OSCAR, deleted the Oscar Data Folder, reinstalled OSCAR and re-imported all my old data and the issue is still showing.

I have been messing with my pressure settings and noticed that the pressure settings are not being reported correctly in OSCAR. I'm not sure if it's the written data, or OSCAR itself. For example, on Nov 14th, my pressure settings in APAP mode were 8 min/8 max. I changed the settings the next morning /mid-day on the 15th to set it up for that upcoming evening (8.8/8.8). When looking at OSCAR's daily report in the MACHINE SETTINGS section, it shows my APAP setting for the 14th as 8.8/8.8 when it was clearly 8.0/8.0 in actual use. This is easily confirmed in the data itself (pressure chart).

I think I may know the issue but please let me know if i'm incorrect. I believe it may have to do with the time I changed the settings for use that current evening. I'm guessing OSCAR is showing the data for the 8.8 settings because I changed the parameters earlier in the day on the 15th, so OSCAR is lumping it in with my usage data from the 14th. Thus, OSCAR is presenting the most recent / last setting, even though it wasn't used for therapy the night before. Now that I think about it, it's likely NOT an OSCAR glitch, but I just need to make setting adjustments in the evening before bed for the data to be displayed accurately. Is this correct? Is there a particular "cut-off" time I should be aware of so that I can keep things correct?

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR Glitch OR Machine Settings / Time Issue
The Machine Settings section contains data recorded by the CPAP machine.  OSCAR does not change any of these settings, except for translation purposes.

A key question is whether you made the change to 8.8 before or after noon on the CPAP machine's internal clock.  Normally, if you change settings during a day (noon to noon), the changed settings do not show up until the next day in which the machine is turned on.

When does the "Changes to Machine Settings" section on the Statistics page show that a pressure of 8.8 started?

It's always best to post a screen shot of the Daily page as that might make the answer more obvious.  In this case, I would also need to see the complete session list in the bottom left corner of the Daily page.  Also include a screen shot of the Statistics page.

Overall, I am a little puzzled by the change in statistics you are seeing for Nov 14.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-16-2020, 12:03 PM)GuyScharf Wrote: The Machine Settings section contains data recorded by the CPAP machine.  OSCAR does not change any of these settings, except for translation purposes.

A key question is whether you made the change to 8.8 before or after noon on the CPAP machine's internal clock.  Normally, if you change settings during a day (noon to noon), the changed settings do not show up until the next day in which the machine is turned on.

When does the "Changes to Machine Settings" section on the Statistics page show that a pressure of 8.8 started?

It's always best to post a screen shot of the Daily page as that might make the answer more obvious.  In this case, I would also need to see the complete session list in the bottom left corner of the Daily page.  Also include a screen shot of the Statistics page.

Overall, I am a little puzzled by the change in statistics you are seeing for Nov 14.

Thanks Guy.  You confirmed my suspicions. In reviewing the data, I can tell that I made the changes (and used the machine to confirm) to the settings prior to 11:00 MST, which would explain why it's populating the 8.8 pressure numbers under the Machine Settings section.  If you're still curious, I can post some shots later tonight when I return home. Thanks again.
Post Reply Post Reply
No need; I have reproduced the behavior. It's not that you changed the settings, it is that you started the machine after you changed the settings and before noon. That caused the str.edf data to be rewritten with the current settings. If you had not started the machine, all would have been well.

So, "don't do that."   Wink
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Haha. Thanks! Well, if I do it again, I’ll understand it and can explain it! Wink
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How and where to adjust local time. douglaskeene 2 82 03-23-2024, 04:07 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Sad Instructions do NOT address hours used issue Plmnb 15 291 03-19-2024, 10:55 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Time listed: Wrong end time? How to fix? Plmnb 5 201 03-08-2024, 08:57 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Intermittent use of C-PAP machine and OSCAR monitoring Thanassis 6 240 02-27-2024, 10:52 AM
Last Post: Thanassis
  Total Time In Apnea is missing ElUno 3 321 02-26-2024, 09:23 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  OSCAR has never seen my machine's data before! PappaJoe 9 510 02-14-2024, 02:29 PM
  Oscar doesn't update settings kappak 1 275 01-19-2024, 01:31 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.