Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR Help: CPAP Therapy - Still Got 50+ AHI, Night Sweats, Horrific Dreams, Fatigue
OSCAR Help: CPAP Therapy - Still Got 50+ AHI, Night Sweats, Horrific Dreams, Fatigue
I really thought so many of my issues would be cleared upon beginning my CPAP therapy but things have stayed the same and even gotten worse. So much so, I even at one point changed the settings out of desperation, which I know is a big no no.

Despite using the machine, I still have "leaks", double digit AHI etc. In terms of how I feel, out of the nights recorded, I felt good on 23th-26th January and 6th February. The rest were pretty bad.

My mask does fit snugly, ie without leaks but worth mentioning I have a deviated septum and am usually a mouth breather. I have a Resmed Autoset 10 with full face Quattro Air L but have also tried Sleep Weaver and the F30 and a gel mask.

I have uploaded my data here if anyone can please take a look: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-Sdk-Ik...sp=sharing

For the last 3 nights, the settings were put back to how they were at the start - 7-20 Pressure and EPR 3.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR Help: CPAP Therapy - Still Got 50+ AHI, Night Sweats, Horrific Dreams, Fatigue
Hi apegoneinsane!  -  Welcome

Please use the F12 key in OSCAR to capture your Daily screen to post here.  Providing your raw data is not advised.  Please review the links in my signature below for how to post images here.

Masks are one of the most personal items in CPAP therapy. That is why there are so many models and configurations. There isn't a one-size fits all. Each person's anatomy will determine what mask brand and type will work for you. Things like mouth breathing will also play a role in the selection, as a chin strap may be needed. Since you are a mouth breather, you may wish to look at a Full Face Mask (FFM) like the F&P Vitera. F&P has an exceptional seal design using a roll-fit seal. The CPAP's air pressure supplies equal pressure to the mask's seal. With that said, many people overtighten the mask, which will have the complete opposite effect on sealing.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR Help: CPAP Therapy - Still Got 50+ AHI, Night Sweats, Horrific Dreams, Fatigue
(02-11-2022, 11:47 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Hi apegoneinsane!  -  Welcome

Please use the F12 key in OSCAR to capture your Daily screen to post here.  Providing your raw data is not advised.  Please review the links in my signature below for how to post images here.

Masks are one of the most personal items in CPAP therapy.  That is why there are so many models and configurations.  There isn't a one-size fits all.  Each person's anatomy will determine what mask brand and type will work for you.  Things like mouth breathing will also play a role in the selection, as a chin strap may be needed.  Since you are a mouth breather, you may wish to look at a Full Face Mask (FFM) like the F&P Vitera.  F&P has an exceptional seal design using a roll-fit seal.  The CPAP's air pressure supplies equal pressure to the mask's seal.   With that said, many people overtighten the mask, which will have the complete opposite effect on sealing.

- Red

Crimson, thank you for your reply. That is unfortunate - I'm working from an iPad you see, with no actual access to the OSCAR software. I've been able to review the files briefly on someone else's computer and they kindly provided the data in a .zip format, but I can't provide any screenshots.

Not unless someone else is able or has capacity to do this for me. Damn, there is always some issue with everything I do in life. Nothing ever goes smoothly.
Post Reply Post Reply
I downloaded your data, but all you have is summary data, with the last date being May 27, 2021. If this data is from a newer date, you need to set the Date and Time on your CPAP. Also, in order to have detailed data, you must have the SD card in your CPAP while you sleep. The information you provided is of little help.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-11-2022, 11:47 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Hi apegoneinsane!  -  Welcome

Masks are one of the most personal items in CPAP therapy.  That is why there are so many models and configurations.  There isn't a one-size fits all.  Each person's anatomy will determine what mask brand and type will work for you.  Things like mouth breathing will also play a role in the selection, as a chin strap may be needed.  Since you are a mouth breather, you may wish to look at a Full Face Mask (FFM) like the F&P Vitera.  F&P has an exceptional seal design using a roll-fit seal.  The CPAP's air pressure supplies equal pressure to the mask's seal.   With that said, many people overtighten the mask, which will have the complete opposite effect on sealing.

- Red

As a newbie this information is very useful , thanks for posting

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-11-2022, 12:12 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: I downloaded your data, but all you have is summary data, with the last date being May 27, 2021.   If this data is from a newer date, you need to set the Date and Time on your CPAP.  Also, in order to have detailed data, you must have the SD card in your CPAP while you sleep.  The information you provided is of little help.

- Red

Are you sure? Isn't this it here? Has all the 2022 dates with detailed info.

Post Reply Post Reply
No, that was the only data that was in the file.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Pretty darn awful event rate and leaks that mask what we may be looking at. Apegoneinsane, do you have a beard or do you know why your mask fit is poor? Do you have results of a sleep test available? You have a lot of what appears to be central apnea events, and the CPAP is not doing well at distinguishing the event type with all the leaks, so is reporting a lot of unknown apnea.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Help - Mask change causing fatigue? coffee9724 0 25 2 hours ago
Last Post: coffee9724
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,073 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 169 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 254 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,268 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,360 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 133 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.