Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR: How to adjust day for shift workers?
OSCAR: How to adjust day for shift workers?
With my Sleepyhead software, it was always accurate with my sleep times in terms of the graphs. However, that's not the case with Oscar. With Oscar the day parameter is noon to noon. 

I also noticed a few other anomalies with OSCAR which I can't recall so I have stayed with SH, but now with my new Air Sense 11, I suspect the data isn't compatible with OSCAR. I haven't yet used the new CPAP so I can't check it out. Besides, I didn't get an SD card with my Air Sense, but I did with my 10.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR: How to adjust day for shift workers?
(01-22-2022, 03:19 AM)Hmm888 Wrote: I also noticed a few other anomalies with OSCAR which I can't recall so I have stayed with SH, but now with my new Air Sense 11, I suspect the data isn't compatible with OSCAR. 

OSCAR 1.3.0 supports the AirSense 11. A few minor issues will be corrected in 1.3.1, which should be out soon.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-22-2022, 03:53 AM)GuyScharf Wrote: OSCAR 1.3.0 supports the AirSense 11. A few minor issues will be corrected in 1.3.1, which should be out soon.

Will 1.3.1 address my issue above and fully support Air Sense 11? If memory serves me correctly right now the Air Sense 11 is considered in preview.
Post Reply Post Reply
The AS11 support is still a work in progress. The detailed data graphs and statistics are complete. The time zone handling is incomplete. Various approaches are being explored to handle incorrect time zone settings.

The noon day split will be there until ResMed changes its data storage.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-24-2022, 07:36 AM)pholynyk Wrote: The AS11 support is still a work in progress. The detailed data graphs and statistics are complete. The time zone handling is incomplete. Various approaches are being explored to handle incorrect time zone settings.

The noon day split will be there until ResMed changes its data storage.

Hmm,. Can you explain why Sleephead displays my data correctly knowing I fell asleep at 6 am and awake at 2pm? Showing events et al during this period of time withOUT the noon split?
Post Reply Post Reply
Were you using ResMed or Philips machines with SleepyHead?
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-26-2022, 04:14 AM)GuyScharf Wrote: Were you using ResMed or Philips machines with SleepyHead?

Air Sense 10. 

With Oscar, the start and end times for one session are split over two days, with noon the dividing line. With Sleepyhead, the graph, date, and time were all one period. So if SH can do it (without my intervention) why not Oscar?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
*bump*
Post Reply Post Reply
Show the OSCAR screenshot as well as the SH one. Same post would help
Post Reply Post Reply
I see no point in showing the Oscar SS. I wanted to show to the naysayers that SH did in fact split the time. Oscar does not. I have stopped looking at the data altogether now that my AirSense 11 destroyed (not just corrupted) my SD card.

I was a reading a comment elsewhere that they Australian CPAP dude who has a YouTube channel is working on creating an alternative software to Oscar. I don't know if it will ever be completed and if it will take into account shift workers or those who sleep past noon.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How and where to adjust local time. douglaskeene 2 83 03-23-2024, 04:07 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Time adjust BlueSky1958 0 417 12-10-2023, 08:05 AM
Last Post: BlueSky1958
  OSCAR and 02 ring for shift workers offline 3 645 12-03-2021, 03:04 AM
Last Post: offline
  Are there any hacks for AirSense 10 [adjust ramp higher than 45 min?] Hmm888 7 1,286 04-15-2020, 06:29 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
Question Shift Worker Seeing Split Day Reports on OSCAR Highcal 3 1,111 02-13-2020, 12:31 PM
Last Post: mjphyi
  OSCAR Feature Query: time-adjust machine sessions spacewrench 1 668 11-30-2019, 09:35 PM
Last Post: GuyScharf
  Somnopose data in OSCAR (time shift) georgelewisray 1 1,126 08-30-2019, 09:09 AM
Last Post: pholynyk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.