Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR Ignores Waveform Visibility Settings
Ohmy 
OSCAR Ignores Waveform Visibility Settings
Hello

OSCAR is ignoring the visibility settings at File / Preferences / Waveforms.
I can check or uncheck all CPAP waveforms and always the same waveforms are displayed.

Solution?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR Ignores Waveform Visibility Settings
Mavr, a little off-topic from your post, but you need to do a few things to improve your therapy efficacy and comfort. You appear to have positional apnea (chin-tucking) and it is an easy problem to solve. We have wikis that describe the problem. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...onal_Apnea
And describe a solution http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...cal_Collar

You also need to change your minimum pressure of 5.0 to at least 8.0. If you do these things, your AHI will drop below 5 per hour and likely less. Look at the examples of other members that have had this problem and you will see your chart looks the same. The improvements are fast and easy.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Someone better versed on OSCAR will need to chime in, but I thought you had to check for charts to be On at the left checkbox and/or the right as well. You will then need to OK it at the bottom right when done. One I would suggest needs Off is VS2. Philips shows hose vibrations here as snores along with any real ones and can really clutter up your chart. And yours is a crowded chart as is.

With the obstructive and hypopnea events, you'll need more pressure than 5. Your left panel shows your 95% was 10, and on these Philips you will need that low side number really close to that. DreamStations have a bad habit of slow event response, and this is why you'd need to bring that 5 up very close to 10.

I cannot tell if you have Flex on, but you'd likely not want it due to some CA events. I would think lowering pressure swings can lower the CA some in an avoidance action as that's the best you can do with CA on a PAP like this. I'd also include minimal to no Ramp.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Are VS2 hose vibrations? They're what gets drawn in the flags section of official reports, and only VS gets drawn on waveforms. OSCAR doesn't really let us mix and match under the hood currently, otherwise I'd draw only VS2 on flags and only VS on the waveform to reduce clutter.

His flex mode is "None," so it's off. It looks like he has a 5-minute ramp that he triggered at 9:34.

Finally, for some reason, you'll need to disable the graphs you don't want in the bottom-right dropdown of the daily view. I don't know whether those settings stick.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-18-2020, 09:57 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Mavr, a little off-topic from your post, but you need to do a few things to improve your therapy efficacy and comfort.  You appear to have positional apnea (chin-tucking) and it is an easy problem to solve.  We have wikis that describe the problem. {{I'm sorry, brand new members are not allowed to post links in this forum until they have 4 posts.}} 

You also need to change your minimum pressure of 5.0 to at least 8.0.  If you do these things, your AHI will drop below 5 per hour and likely less.  Look at the examples of other members that have had this problem and you will see your chart looks the same. The improvements are fast and easy.

Thank you very, very much for this off-topic!  Thanks

I don't have a cervical collar yet, but I slept without a pillow last night, what have a similar effect.

Watch this amassing improvement:

An AHI of only 5/h.

An obstruktive Apnoe index of only 1.1/h.
If I watch this closer, it looks more like a Hypopnea than an OA.

An Hypopnea index of only 3.6/h.
I have this if Im awake too. I register often that I am breathing to flat. Than I take a deep breath or Im yawning or sigh to reset my breathing. I don't know if its pathological or a side effect of my highly trained cardiovascular system. I do a lot of sports.

Such a low AHI at that very low pressure.
I have the CPAP machine only a week now. I experimented with up to 14 mbar and had still a really high AHI. So high pressure had no good effect to me. The only effect was, that I sometimes woke up with a panic that I could suffocate.

Very strange is, that I brought my pillow to the sleep-laboratory, as I had the CPAP for the first time in my live. 
They measured a AHI of only 0.3/h  Huh
How is this possible? 

One more SS:
I think this a not a OA nor a H. Its my strange very flat breathing.

And one more:

Kind Regards
Mavr 
Post Reply Post Reply
Back to the topic:

Even if I switch off the display of all charts, the ones that are always displayed are still displayed:

And when I switch on the display of all charts, the same charts that are always displayed are still displayed:

--> The settings for the visibility of the curves are completely ignored by OSCAR.

Note: Of course I clicked OK after every change in the settings.
Post Reply Post Reply
Go to the Daily screen.  Look at the lower right of your screen.  Usually the first option, Event Flags, will be in view.  This is a drop-down box and lists all the graphs.  Only the parameters that pertain to your device brand will be displayed. The ones that have a check mark are the active ones, those being displayed.  To hide a graph, simply deselect it be left-clicking on the check mark.  

The drop-down box on the lower left list the Events that can be flagged for your particular device.  Only the event types that you have experienced will be displayed.  This means, if you never have had any Periodic Breathing, that that event type will not be listed.  

To reorder the graph order, either select View ⇾ Reset Graphs then Standard (for normal CPAP) or Advanced (for more advanced machines like, Bi-level and ASV), drag each graph up or down in the graph display area.

You should peruse the links in my signature for more detailed information and techniques.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Mavr, if you start a new thread in the main forum, that will be a better place to discuss your positional apnea and some of the chart anomalies you are seeing. In this chart we see an unusual breathing pattern from 09:28 to 0929:40 of what looks like expiratory snoring and flow limitation, however on second thought it looks more like nasal inspiration and oral expiration, which is followed by recovery breathing. The very small rapid breathing may be a positional obstruction but we will need a closer look focusing on the event. Either way, there is not much flow. The overall results are better and consistent with the less than 5 AHI I predicted above. Let's take this to a new thread.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=24751]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-19-2020, 07:40 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: ...The drop-down box on the lower left list the Events that can be flagged for your particular device.  Only the event types that you have experienced will be displayed.  This means, if you never have had any Periodic Breathing, that that event type will not be listed.  

Thanks.

But what are the settings in File / Preferences / Waveforms good for?
Post Reply Post Reply
It appears that the Preferences ⇾ Waveforms allows you to change the title, label name, color, display/or not on the Overview and set upper and lower limits.  I leave everything as it is here.  It is far too easy to get too creative and screw everything up.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar doesn't update settings kappak 1 281 01-19-2024, 01:31 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR "Most recent" AHI doesn't match " Changes to Device Settings" macbob 5 1,040 01-19-2024, 09:38 AM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  Oscar 1.3 "Mode and Pressure settings missing; yesterday's shown." DrNefario 8 1,315 11-18-2022, 01:55 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356
  Oscar device settings report DanEm 1 603 11-10-2022, 08:58 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Changing cpap machine settings in Oscar Sofie 5 2,039 03-26-2022, 11:24 PM
Last Post: GuyScharf
  ResScan or Oscar to see all CPAP settings? daveasu 5 1,024 11-10-2021, 04:10 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  OSCAR request to display more machine settings SleepyCPAP 5 769 08-26-2021, 07:56 AM
Last Post: pholynyk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.