Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR Import Error - No Supported data was found c:/DATALOG
OSCAR Import Error - No Supported data was found c:/DATALOG
I am a systems engineer with 28 years’ experience, so I have a little bit of computer knowledge.

I have successfully used the Airsense 10 everyday for 5 years now.  Until recently.  I recently purchased an Airsense 11 and have been using that for several months now.  Until recently.  I reverted to the AS10 since I thought my AS11 was broken, turns out it wasn’t so I have re-reverted to my AS11 which I am using today.  Confused yet?  There is a reason I say this I promise.  The reason I say this is because I have data on the new 64GB SD card I recently purchased from both machines.  I have never used an SD card in my CPAP machines but when I initially inserted it into the AS10 which I was using at the time the AS10 apparently accepted, read, and wrote to the card since I see data on the card from the days I had it inserted in the AS10.  After three days, as I said, I reverted to my AS11, so I inserted the SD card into it, and I see data from the days I had the card inserted in the AS11.

What do I mean by “I see data on the card” you ask?  That might be a bit confusing as well.  Since I don’t have an SD card reader on my PC, I inserted the SD card into my Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G phone, connected it to my PC as normal and I see the sd card for viewing same as the internal storage on the phone itself.  I never formatted the card. I simply stuck it in both CPAP machines, and I see the data on the card from the respective days the card was inserted to the respective CPAP machine.  So, I successfully copied the data to my PC to the root of C:\ under the DATALOG folder I created.  I did this to mimic the DATALOG folder on the SD Card.

By the way - I am convinced the SD card is fine and both CPAP machines read and successfully wrote to the card since, as I said, when I plug my phone into my PC, I see the DATALOG folder populated on the SD card with files each in their own YYYYMMDD respective folders.

Why then do I get an error when trying to import the data into OSCAR stating, “No supported data was found C:/DATALOG”.  I get the whole potential 32GB limits sd card limits on the CPAP machine, but I see the data from both CPAP machines on the card.  Why can’t OSCAR load the data though?  Do I need an SD card reader for my PC?  Will OSCAR only read the data from an SD reader with a card inserted mounted as an available drive in windows?  I installed the ResMed reader software, and it can’t import the data either.  It too seems like it is looking for the SD card mounted as an actual drive in windows.

Can someone tell me what file types I should be seeing on the card?  Both machines wrote the same file types to the card I see .crc and .edf files from each day.  I see \SD card\DATALOG\20240503 folders with those file types in it all the way to 20240507 each folder is populated.  So, what gives how do I get this data imported into OSCAR please help.  SORRY IN ADVANCE THIS IS SO LONG.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR Import Error - No Supported data was found c:/DATALOG
Hi synwave7!  -  Welcome
Several things need to be corrected.
  1. Each CPAP registers its serial number to the SD card.  
  2. Only one CPAP can be registered to use that SD card.
  3. The AS10 uses any SD card, 2-32GB in size.
  4. The AS11 has been tested with cards up to 128GB.
  5. Several files on the A10 used a ".tgt" file extension.
  6. The A11 changed to a ".json" file structure for the files mentioned above.
  7. Since the A11 is a newer model, OSCAR was written to look for both file types.  If a ".json" file is detected, it will take priority over a ".tgt".
  8. It is recommended that when using an SD card that was previously used by another CPAP, a formatting should be performed.
  9. Both machines store 365 days of summary data, 30 days of detailed data, and 30 sessions of high resolution data.
  10. The SD card has to be in the CPAP while it is in use to record the detailed and high resolution data.  Summary data is stored in the CPAP's memory.
  11. When importing data to OSCAR, you need to specify the root directory and not the DATALOG subdirectory.
  12. Resmed's ResScan software requires the data be on an SD card.

Please review the links in my signature to further acquaint yourself with OSCAR.

Good luck!
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello Red,
Thanks very much for the detailed instructions.  The forum, as almost everyone has indicated, is just outstanding and everyone is so very helpful.  I am happy to announce my issue is resolved!

I think my initial hypothesis is correct.  OSCAR wants to see the data on a Windows PC as an internal hard drive e.g., D drive or E drive etc. but it cannot be the C drive?

In my case at least neither OSCAR nor RESMED, even though I pointed to the root of the C drive, would successfully see/import the data thus the reason for my initial post yesterday.

Anyway, I went out this morning and got a $20 US SD card adapter for my PC.  As I said my PC doesn’t have a native card reader.  The instant I asked OSCAR to import - it started right way and successfully imported all data.  The card reader is of course now my E:\ drive (not the C:\ drive) which makes me think my hypothesis is correct.  Has anyone else had success importing CPAP data into OSCAR from the root of a Windows PC C:\ drive? If so I would love to hear about it.

In response to your post…maybe I am the exception for some reason, but I hope this helps someone else.

1.       I agree it does appear as though each CPAP registers its serial number to the sd card.  I am seeing weird data in OSCAR though going way back to before I first started using the sd card which was May 3, 2024, but I can successfully move the card back and forth between the AS10 and AS11 and both machines continue to write viable data to the same card.
   2.      I initially inserted the sd card into the AS10 between 5/3 and 5/6 2024 and see .edf and .crc files but no .tgt or .json files.  Then on 5/7/24 I moved the card to my AS11, and I see only .edf file data from what can only be from the AS11.
   3.      My AS10 was able to use my 64GB card. I see this data in OSCAR.
   4.      I may try a larger sd card than what I have (64GB) just to see my results of successfully using a larger sd card than 128GB in the AS11.  More to follow.
   5.      I think each CPAP machine writes different types of files.  My AS10 wrote in .crc and .edf file types.  The AS11 wrote only in .edf files, I only see .edf files for days the card was in the AS11.
   6.      I do not see any java files on my sd card at all only .crc and .edf files for either machine.  Which is why I think each brand/model of CPAP may write in different file types.
   7.      Does anyone know every file type OSCAR looks for or has someone compiled a list of all known approved CPAP machines for use with OSCAR and what file types each CPAP machine writes in?
   8.      I am sure I saw somewhere on the forum as to what file format to format the sd card in I believe its exFAT either way my sd card on my windows 11 pro machine only has the option for NTFS or exFAT.  To be clear I still have never formatted my sd card and I am now only using it in the AS11 but as I said I can successfully move the card back and forth between the AS10/AS11 and get viable data I can successfully import and see in OSCAR.  I am looking at my record from last night as I write this.
   9.      This is more than enough data.
   10. I think my CPAP machines wrote the summary data to my card or at least OSCAR is seeing the summary data somehow as indicated in number one above?  I am pretty sure I am seeing the summary data in OSCAR as I can choose dates going way, way back in time but it’s only summary data.
   11. Agreed, I chose the root of C:\ initially after copying my data to my internal windows 11 boot drive (C:\) but OSCAR wouldn’t import it.
   12. I will cease and desist using the resmed software as I still can’t get it to see the sd card even now that it is the E drive on my PC.  I will keep trying and report what I come up with but for now I am moving forward with OSCAR.

And yes, thanks again for the detailed instructions. I am going thru the OSCAR manual and some other u-tube videos now.
Hope this helps.  My CPAP machine saved my life so now having found this site I am compelled to try and help the next person if I can.

- BMF
Post Reply Post Reply
Here are the differences between the AS10 and the AS11 data file structure:
****** AS10  ******************AS11

SD cards can and do go bad. It is highly recommended that you create separate dedicated directories for each CPAP and perform regular backups.  You can use these directories to import the data into OSCAR, too.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR can't find data on SD card [solved, see post #24] brucewtb 22 2,238 05-17-2024, 08:53 PM
Last Post: mokeefe734
  Last Month's Worth of Data Not Importing to OSCAR jstro84 1 166 05-17-2024, 08:43 PM
Last Post: mokeefe734
Question OSCAR: Fill / Fix a gap in data import hscheff 4 111 05-13-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: hscheff
  OSCAR SpO2 CSV import ST Dog 23 3,800 05-12-2024, 09:37 PM
Last Post: ElectricalPaul
  Can the machine "miss" an event? Oscar Data Attached lolo23 1 69 05-11-2024, 02:04 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  OSCAR crash importing Well O2 Max data RobertFz 12 878 05-02-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: eok361
  OSCAR Vs device data Siva 3 350 04-26-2024, 07:19 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.