Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR - Linux Mint 19 [see post #7 for solution]
RE: OSCAR - Linux Mint 19 [see post #7 for solution]
The installation package is very non-standard in that the post-install script uses the $SUDO_USER variable. The only way to install that seems to work is 'sudo dpkg -i oscar.....deb' where the oscar....deb part is the actual file name that you downloaded. It works on Debian Stretch and Ubuntu 18.04, and ought to work on other Debian based distributions, as long as the available QT is at least version 5.7.

We hope to have a more standard installation for the next release.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I final got it installed and working  Shy
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi
I've experienced the same issue as above and followed your advice to this point. I've managed to get Oscar to now work, but here is where my problem differs. My update manager still will not clear, still says it can't find an archive.

Please assist me
Post Reply Post Reply
Your update manager only looks in the distribution repositories for packages.
To install OSCAR you need to use dpkg with sudo...

sudo dpkg -i oscar-package-name.deb

where oscar-package-name.deb is replaced by the filename you used when you downloaded OSCAR.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for your response, but the program installed and is working. Still after install my update manager is blocked by the error "the package Oscar needs to be reinstalled, but I can't find an archive for it."
Post Reply Post Reply
Here's a few little light exercises to try in hope of getting your little puppy back to normal. Feel free to try to see if it is cleared after each command.

sudo apt-get update --fix-missing

sudo dpkg --configure -a

sudo apt-get install -f

sudo fuser -vki /var/lib/dpkg/lock

sudo dpkg --configure -a

sudo rm /var/lib/apt/lists/lock

sudo dpkg -i --force-overwrite package-name

sudo rm /var/cache/apt/archives/lock

sudo rm /var/lib/dpkg/lock
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi
Unfortunately it did not sovel it either.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you are using LM19, then are you using Timeshift? If so, restore it back to just before you tried to installed Oscar.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there a solution to read out the newer versions of the Contect CMS50F under Linux? Mast04 10 806 03-25-2024, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Pierelly
  OSCAR v1.5.2 - Linux Versions Crimson Nape 3 119 03-17-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  What version of Linux for my Chromebook? bluetangle127 1 432 10-26-2023, 10:54 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Cannot select profile in OSCAR [solved, see post #9] GB San Jose 9 1,490 10-09-2023, 08:24 AM
Last Post: GB San Jose
  F12/Take Screenshot Not Saving Screenshot under Linux? DigitalMan43 4 668 09-30-2023, 05:04 PM
Last Post: DigitalMan43
Question Oscar installation problem [solved, see post #4] Bertrand 3 731 09-19-2023, 12:11 AM
Last Post: Bertrand
  Oscar V 1.5 [screen resolution issues - solved, see post #4] Dannobre 15 1,597 09-10-2023, 06:15 AM
Last Post: pholynyk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.