Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR (Linux vs Win64) graph discrepancies
Set up a new profile on your Linux version and import the data from the SD card, don't migrate. Do the charts look the same as the PC version and different from the previous Linux version?

Either set your Ramp to 6 (your min pressure) or turn it off, at these pressures you shouldn't need it.

Set your Min pressure = 8 to eliminate the fluctuation (Ramp = 8 too, or off)
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Aldebaran - AHI help (OSCAR data)
Roger, got it.
Will try it out for tonight and maybe an afternoon nap today!
Post Reply Post Reply
So I started off with downloading the linux version of OSCAR on my laptop and imported the data from my SD card. That resulted in the messed up looking charts.

Next I went to my desktop PC and downloaded the 64-bit version of OSCAR for and imported the data again from my SD card. This is the last set of charts which looked normal.

I could try setting up another profile in Linux and reimporting the data to compare.
Post Reply Post Reply
Which Linux distribution are you using? Is it up to date?
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am using Linux Mint 20.3 Cinnamon, so I downloaded and installed the "OSCAR_1.3.1-Ubuntu_20.04_amd64" version. Yes, I am up to date on all the packages.
Well I created a duplicate profile and reimported my data again from my ResMed SD card, and results are still the same. Here's the data again.

I am just going to use the PC version going forward, since I have a spare laptop with Win10 that I could use for it exclusively.
Post Reply Post Reply
Was the data for both platforms imported directly from the same SD card, or was it from a directory on the computer? If you can, use the Windows computer and copy the SD card to a USB drive, then use it to import into your Linux box. I'm wondering if your card reader may be the problem.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, the data from both platforms were from the same SD card. My linux laptop has a built in SD reader while my PC data was imported using an external USB multi-card reader. 
I suppose the built-in card reader could be faulty, so I'll put the PC data onto my network fileserver tonight and reimport it to my PC via a third OSCAR user profile. I'll go through the process of elimination to help zero in on this strangeness of the Linux OSCAR port.

thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
I downloaded two versions of OSCAR for personal use. I initially planned on using my Linux laptop as it had a built-in SD reader for convenience. However the graphs don't look right.

Next I downloaded OSCAR for my PC and the data graphs do look better. 

So here is the Linux data. I have a 64-bit i3 processor 16GB RAM with Linux Mint 20.3 Cinnamon, so I downloaded and installed the "OSCAR_1.3.1-Ubuntu_20.04_amd64" version. Imported through the built-in SD card reader.
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/attachm...?aid=40896

The same data from my Win10 i5 desktop, imported with an external USB multi-card reader.
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/attachm...?aid=40907

The discussion started with my OSCAR data help - Aldebaran - AHI help (OSCAR data) | Apnea Board and an astute member brought the problem to my attention.

Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR (Linux vs Win64) graph discrepancies
To eliminate one variable, please create a new profile for your Linux installation and import your data using the same external card reader you used for Windows.
and to check your QT installation, use apt policy libqt5core5a
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR (Linux vs Win64) graph discrepancies
Will do!
I'll try that out tonight when I get home.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there a solution to read out the newer versions of the Contect CMS50F under Linux? Mast04 10 807 03-25-2024, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Pierelly
  Oscar question - flow rate graph not showing kkjacks 7 107 03-23-2024, 11:12 AM
Last Post: kkjacks
  OSCAR v1.5.2 - Linux Versions Crimson Nape 3 127 03-17-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  What version of Linux for my Chromebook? bluetangle127 1 432 10-26-2023, 10:54 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  F12/Take Screenshot Not Saving Screenshot under Linux? DigitalMan43 4 668 09-30-2023, 05:04 PM
Last Post: DigitalMan43
  Trouble scrolling in a zoomed graph window. morningstar 2 463 09-26-2023, 12:43 PM
Last Post: morningstar
  Oscar graph questions. Bullabill 6 843 09-26-2023, 10:09 AM
Last Post: Lucky7

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.