Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR Lowenstein Prisma 20a
Question 
OSCAR Lowenstein Prisma 20a
Hi All...

I have my CPAP Machine for a few weeks now and I'm glad to have found this great community.

I was wondering... is the Lowenstein Prisma 20a supposed to work with OSCAR? I tried to import the files from the SD Card but it didn't work.

I found a section in the OSCAR Help Wiki that says:

Lowenstein / Weinmann
  • Prisma ??

So I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or it's just not supported.

Thanks for your help.

Mike
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR Lowenstein Prisma 20a
Hi Mike, welcome to Apnea Board.

Unfortunately Oscar doesn't yet support the Prisma. It's on the (long) to do list.

In the meantime you might try Prisma's own software which is available via our private files and links forum.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for your kind reply. 

After some fiddling I finally got the original Lowenstein software to run. 

This forum is a great help!

Regards,

Mike
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi did you were able to run Lowenstein Software and read from SD ??
I installed weinmann support and i have two options 1 Import data from COM port/ USB
2 Import data from SDCARD

the two options doesnt work ;(

will be happy to hear which option works for you  Wink
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi there.  Thank you for your support.  I have a MacBook with MacOS.  is there a software with which I can read Prisma20A files other than the Prisma Journal?  I read on the forum that PrismaTS software available on private files can run only on Windows operating systems.
Appreciating your advice to help me locate a detailed reporting software that runs on MacOS and supports Prisma20A files.

Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi CamilleKH!  -  Welcome
You can try OSCAR (download link in the name) for support on various Prisma models.  The link is also at the top of every page here.  Links in my signature should provide additional help.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-22-2024, 07:55 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Hi CamilleKH!  -  Welcome
You can try OSCAR (download link in the name) for support on various Prisma models.  The link is also at the top of every page here.  Links in my signature should provide additional help.

- Red

Many thanks.  Will download it and try, though I read somewhere that OSCAR is not supporting Prisma20A, but I will give it a try and let you know.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi CamilleKH!,
The prisma20a is supported, with a few minor misreported figures in the therapy settings which is inconsequential as you will see. I think flow limitations may not flagged when softpap is off either.

Oscar is far superior IMO than the Prisma official clinician software for viewing your therapy data, so you are on the right track. You will see once you have it running, that there are many events and overlays on your graphs with a Prisma that will need turning off to see your breath data clearly. You should be able to find a few recent posts on the Apnea board to show you how to make it clearer if you search Prisma or Lowenstein.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Crimson Nape and Macka. I downloaded the software and it is working fine, i guess. I noticed some discrepancies especially in the device setting readings, but I hope this is not affecting the graphs and the event flags. Will search the apnea board for details to make the graphs more clearer and relevant to the prisma20A. If you have any of the discussion links handy I will be thankful if you could share it.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just added a link in my signature for some setup tips.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar support for Lowenstein Prisma20A pls2000 1 74 03-22-2024, 08:33 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  OSCAR inconsistency between Lowenstein Obstruction Levels / Flow Limitations? WisNaeMe 8 858 02-18-2024, 09:26 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Oscar - past compliance is incorrect (and different to Prisma) dannahaz 8 582 02-15-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: dannahaz
  Software/app for Lowenstein Prisma SmartPlus w/o NHS knowing Ploppy 3 1,009 12-21-2023, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Ploppy
  Loewenstein Prisma <> OSCAR Camera Obscura 17 5,156 12-02-2023, 02:41 PM
Last Post: carnuntum
  Löwenstein Prisma Soft - missing days bstabens 6 733 11-26-2023, 01:12 PM
Last Post: bstabens
  When Prisma 20a support for OSCAR? logart89 19 3,231 10-30-2023, 09:09 PM
Last Post: Macka

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.