Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR - Lubuntu 18.04
OSCAR - Lubuntu 18.04
This is an informational post, for software feedback.
So. I installed Oscar, on my Lubuntu 18.04.
Ubuntu version.
I double clicked the .deb installer, and some apt installer ran, installed it, no errors. However I couldn't find the install location. As I was scrolling up, I found a new desktop item inside the /home folder, but not inside the user(s) folder.
Executing this desktop icon revealed an error

"No running instance of xfce4-panel was found"

I failed to uninstall or remove it. I managed to manually find it's install location /opt/OSCAR, and delete that. Oh-jeez

2nd attempt.
Followed the install instructions, of cmd line "sudo dpkg -i <oscar.file>
This installed but I received the same error as above.
Removal per instructions "sudo dpkg -r oscar" worked

3rd attempt Blink
Debian version
Followed the cmd line install, and all worked fine.

I did have a copy (export) from sleepy head, in .csv format, but Oscar didn't "find" it.

I did manage to import from SD-Card all my data.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR - Lubuntu 18.04
The Sleepyhead generated csv file is strictly for use in a spreadsheet program and not for importing into another sleep analysis app like OSCAR. The only files OSCAR is looking for are the database files generated by earlier versions of Sleepyhead or OSCAR. Currently, OSCAR is testing the importation of several oximeters' data, using their respective csv files.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SleepyHead on Lubuntu 17.1 Sleepster 20 3,009 07-22-2018, 08:24 PM
Last Post: casebro

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.