Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR - Maximize Toogle option, lost menu options [resolved in OSCAR v1.0.1]
OSCAR - Maximize Toogle option, lost menu options [resolved in OSCAR v1.0.1]
Have found a very serious fault, if by chance and accidentally you come from the menu File View Data Help and View goes to Maximice Toggle (F11) and press return was left without that menu with the maximized screen without the possibility of returning to as it was, 

To solve it I had to intuit with the four arrows of the keyboard the necessary jumps, you have to press the Alt key and V at the same time, release them and with the down sign arrow jump 3 times and then press Return.

Don't try it until they fix it in the next version.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR, Do not try the Maximize Toogle option, you will lose the menu options.
What version of Oscar are you using?  That problem was fixed in v1.0.0-beta-7 -- before OSCAR 1.0.0 was released.

In SH 1.1.0 and OSCAR versions before beta-7 with that bug, pressing F11 three times usually got you back to a normal window.

If this is happening in the current version of OSCAR, ugh, I cannot reproduce it on my laptop which I have set to a 768 pixel high screen.

If you are running an older version, please update to the latest (v1.0.1).
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR, Do not try the Maximize Toogle option, you will lose the menu options.
Probably that was the problem, I decided not to reinstall it until I bought the new laptop last week, I downloaded the version 1.0.1-r-1, but I have not dared to try it with the new version, I do not work pressing the keys F1 to F12 Function, if I do it with the open window of Oscar the options F1bto F12 only execute the intrinsic functions of those keys in windows and not the functions of OSCAR.

Windows 10, 64 bit machine

It's really complicated to experience being a bad Windows operator, I won't try again, the experience was disastrous.

Thanks anyway and apologies for creating this post
Post Reply Post Reply
No problem. I'm just glad it wasn't a new bug!
Post Reply Post Reply
Not work pressing the keys F1 to F12 Function, if I do it with the open window of Oscar the options F1bto F12 only execute the intrinsic functions of those keys in windows and not the functions of OSCAR.

Windows 10, 64 bit machine.

F11 decreases the LCD illumination and F12 increases it
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-03-2019, 04:20 PM)Perchas Wrote: Not work pressing the keys F1 to F12 Function, if I do it with the open window of Oscar the options F1bto F12 only execute the intrinsic functions of those keys in windows and not the functions of OSCAR.

Windows 10, 64 bit machine.

F11 decreases the LCD illumination and F12 increases it

That's a Lenovo issue.

With their Ideapad 330 model, you have to press the Fn key at the same time as the F11 (or whatever) key to make the function key perform as it does on most other Windows machines.

It is possible to adjust a setting in your machine's BIOS to change that behavior so that the function keys operate normally.  Google "lenovo 330 function keys" for more information on this issue with your computer.
Post Reply Post Reply
Perchas, is the a key labelled Function or Fn or something like that? Usually a blue label, and the key is near the bottom left of the keyboard. If so, it seems to be operating the opposite of how it works on my three laptops - one has that 1368x768 screen like yours (one has 1024x600...) so I should try the Preferences problem you mentioned.

What I am suggesting is the you hold down the Fn key while you type the top-row function key. It might work...

Golly, that GuyScharf types fast!
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's right, thank you very much Fn + Funcion key is OK
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR and DreamStation 2 sallym 11 584 10 hours ago
Last Post: sallym
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 75 11 hours ago
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Oscar and ResMed Domino96 13 763 Yesterday, 06:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [split] OSCAR v1.5.2 is Install Problems millerdq 1 49 Yesterday, 03:29 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Cannot run Oscar on Mac Studio w/Sonoma 14.4 Morseman 4 74 Yesterday, 03:29 PM
Last Post: Morseman
  Only english language after I upgraded to Oscar 1.5.2 faine 3 69 Yesterday, 02:28 PM
  OSCAR API gio.stefani 1 59 03-26-2024, 06:24 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.