Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR: Need adjustable date range in Statistics Tab
RE: OSCAR: Need adjustable date range in Statistics Tab
(10-03-2021, 09:59 AM)GuyScharf Wrote: This is a known need but that feature has not yet been added to OSCAR. It is in our list of suggested improvements.

Would it make it easier to bring forward in the backlog if the Statistics page took its data range from the Overview Page date range (rather than recoding the UI on the Statistics page to accommodate entry on that page of a date range? 

Unless the Statistics page already limits the monthly to the past 12 months, the ability to somehow specify data range is a desirable feature. 

** If the Monthly Statistics already limits the displayed 12 months to the most recent 12 months of data, then I'm happy with that. 

** If the monthly Statistics currently include monthly averages for entire range of available data, then a change to limit Monthly Statistics to the past 12 months without any change to the UI would work for me without needing to be able to explicitly specify a date range. 

Saldus Miegas
Post Reply Post Reply
The work involved is primarily in creating the report. Fields for the range already exist for the Overview page and can easily be re-used for a Statistics range. Page formatting would become an issue if the range was greater than 12 months for a monthly display, so we would probably limit the range to 12 months. Most use cases presented would seem to be happy with just being able to select a 12-month range.

It is on our list of issues to consider for the next release after 1.3.0.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-03-2021, 12:12 AM)gweep Wrote: I am using OSCAR for macOS.  

I need to provide reports to a government agency to verify compliance with CPAP usage.   The statistics tab would do the job if it had an adjustable date range.  I switched CPAPs mid year and I need to limit the report for each CPAP to a specific date range to minimize confusion.   

Hi gweep, 

are you aware that OSCAR can manage data for more than one CPAP device in a single profile? 
* e.g. I have statistics for more than one machine (I was trying out another one) and the program identifies the date ranges and history of settings for all machines in the data in a summary table at bottom of the Statistics page.  So, you have the combined data over time at the top, and a table showing when machines or settings changed at the bottom. 

I'm guessing you have created a new OSCAR profile when you got the new machine.  If so, then if you were to copy or import the data for the newer machine into the profile for the older machine (or vice versa), you should be able to see continuous data.  And also use the combined profile going forward so you have your complete history in one profile.  (p.s.  I would make a copy of the profile first in order to have a safecopy in case anything goes sideways). 

If all you are looking for is a report of continuous data over the months, this might meet your requirement. 

Saldus Miegas
Post Reply Post Reply
There have been several requests for a date range for the Statistics page.

How would you envision the page looking?  Just one column of statistics for the entire date range? Or a column for each month in the range (which would limit the maximum date range to 1 year)?

Is there a need for any range options other than a full calendar year?

Or how else?

Thanis!
Useful links

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think that the statistics report is fine with the possibility of having the normal report and on a monthly basis, plus the possibility of setting up a range of dates.
I installed the program on 12/9/2021 but I cannot print the statistics report for the period from 02021/02/07 (date when I started using current CPAP) to 2021/12/31.
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
The next release of OSCAR will support a date range for the Statistics page. It is fairly simple -- just specify the date range you want and the Statistics page will have one column for that range of dates. This will allow you to get a report for the calendar year, if you desire that.
Useful links

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  incorrect first use date kguarino1 6 251 03-07-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
Question Importing Data Only After A Certain Date ResMed AirCurve 10 somewherein413 4 335 02-14-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Oscar Shows Incorrect Date for Imported from Wellue O2 Ring DanaH 8 506 02-01-2024, 04:16 PM
Question Statistics page, changes to device settings area, FL always shows 0.00? DancesWithCats 1 281 01-19-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  OSCAR Statistics Page SingingWolf 4 584 11-04-2023, 02:26 PM
Last Post: SingingWolf
  Can OSCAR calculate AHI for a selected time range on the daily? kenmai9 2 507 10-31-2023, 01:41 PM
Last Post: kenmai9
Question Change Statistics view default to Monthly instead of Standard? retro 4 563 10-06-2023, 07:45 AM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.