Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR News (delayed)
OSCAR News (delayed)
We are going to delay launch targeting a Mid April release.  We apologize for the delay.

Why the delay?  Because we realized it was very important to provide a Migration from SleepyHead to OSCAR.  
We want this to occur smoothly and easily for all of our users, not just the tech geeks.
RE: OSCAR News (delayed)
Cool. That will be helpful.

I hadn't thought of that rather crucial issue. If I couldn't import my current SH data in to OSCAR I would put off using OSCAR indefinitely.
(03-19-2019, 03:08 PM)Stom Wrote: Cool. That will be helpful.

I hadn't thought of that rather crucial issue. If I couldn't import my current SH data in to OSCAR I would put off using OSCAR indefinitely.

Yes, I agree!  Importing prior sleeping head results is very important! Is there any update as to when Oscar will be ready?
Good idea. Many users are not computer experts. And if someone not an expert tries software first time and thinks it doesn't work does not try it another time.
(04-09-2019, 01:09 AM)Snoring Bear Wrote:
(03-19-2019, 03:08 PM)Stom Wrote: Cool. That will be helpful.

Yes, I agree!  Importing prior sleeping head results is very important! Is there any update as to when Oscar will be ready?

Later than I desired. Hoping for this Month but no promises.

We are working thru installation issues in some countries.
Thank you for all of your hard work on the software. I'm a brand new PAP user and looking forward to using your software when it's ready for release. If you need any more people to help you with testing I'm happy to assist. I'm Network and Systems Engineer by trade and my husband has been working in the desktop and software support space for many years. Between the two of us, there's not a lot we encounter technology-wise that we can't figure out.
Hi Bonjour - you helped me long ago. Didn’t we just get a new Sleephead and now it’s being replaced? How is that going to work? Thanks.

Best,
Fabby
Hi Fabby. The original author of SleepyHead Mark Watkins (JediMark) has decided to shut down the SleepyHead project. This has left the latest version of SleepyHead lacking full support for some machines and with no apparent path for constant improvement or support for new machines as they come on the market.

A small group of people, many of whom helped Mark with SleepyHead, have got together to ensure that there will be ongoing development and support. The new program - OSCAR - is a "fork" from SleepyHead. This means it is based on SleepyHead but will evolve in a different way.

For people who currently use SH and have no problems, you can continue doing so. But we expect that most people will eventually move across to OSCAR as it will have improved operation and an ongoing support and development program.
Sounds great! TYVM
Hi Bonjour - you helped me long ago. Didn’t we just get a new Sleephead and now it’s being replaced? How is that going to work? Thanks.

Best,
Fabby

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [News] Apnea Board News 2023 email copy SuperSleeper 0 643 10-10-2023, 12:32 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  FYI: PHILLIPS NEWS srlevine1 0 576 10-24-2022, 02:53 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  [News] Apnea Board News - 2022 SuperSleeper 0 794 06-27-2022, 10:05 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Phillips DreamStation 1 News? Mutineer 0 822 05-04-2021, 09:03 PM
Last Post: Mutineer
  [News] April 2021 ResMed news SarcasticDave94 5 998 04-06-2021, 08:37 PM
Last Post: sheepless
  Interesting mask fit news from Phillips Gooserider 5 1,302 05-24-2020, 03:55 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Good news with side sleeping renoir 6 1,400 01-03-2020, 11:11 PM
Last Post: SleepyTexasGirl

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.