Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR - No data summary only
OSCAR - No data summary only
Hello,

I was a casual user of SleepyHead and had no need to view my SD card data until now, due to a severe apnea event last night that was scary. I installed Oscar, setup the profile, and attempted to import the data from the SD. I can only see the machine settings and AHI summary on the left side, but no charts, no data was imported.

I went back several months, and was surprised to find no data as well. I was able to read the same SD card with SleepyHead back when I used it.

The only difference is that last time I was on a PC and now am on a MAC, doubt that has anything to do with it but could be wrong.

I am hoping someone reads this and can help, because I really need to access my data from last night to see what happened.

You would have to walk me thru the details if I need to export something if that would help.

Thanks
Neil

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR - No data summary only
Look at the lower right dropdown box in the Daily Screen.  Make sure that all boxes have a checkmark in them.  Your image appears odd that they don't even appear.  You did download OSCAR from the SleepFiles.com (OSCAR link at the page top) site, right?

You might try another SD card or reformat the one that you are using. It may not be overwriting the older data if it is full.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes I used the correct link for the Oscar app, MAC version. Installed and opens fine.

Bottom right drop down is blank with no options to check, only the left drop down has options for OA, UA, H

Really not sure what could be wrong. One could say that data is perhaps not being written to the card by the machine, but then I still have summary data available.
Post Reply Post Reply
It would appear that you might have a corrupted download. Try downloading and installing again.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Appreciate your suggestions (and time). Sadly re-install did not help, and I made sure to pay attention to the install details, like for example going into Security & Privacy to make sure Oscar has access to removable volumes (SD) under files and folders. When I ask for a data import, I see the status bar loading data, and under overview I can see bar graphs of my daily summary for stuff like AHI, Usage, Session Time, Pressure but for other data it is missing Minute Vent, Resp Rate.

I guess I could use this view instead, but it's just weird that the Daily is missing data but the Overview has some.

My bigger worry is there now. Felt like I was having a heart attack last night, not being able to breath, and yet the data suggests that my OA was 1.0,  H 0.3 and CA 0.1 suggesting I had a fantastic night of sleep when in reality I could not breath and felt like I would die. Just does not make sense.

BTW, I see what you mean by the bottom right drop down, when in Overiew tab, all the options are there to check, but in the Daily view, nothing.

Thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
One last thing to check. Go to File > Preferences > Waveforms. Make sure they are all checked. Only the ones that pertain to your CPAP brand will be used.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
I see that OSCAR says you have a ResMed AutoSet while your Apneaboard profile says you have a Dreamstation. Please update your Apneaboard profile to show what you are actually using.

Is the SD card in your CPAP machine overnight (when you are sleeping)? If it isn't, and you inserted the card in the morning for data to be written, then the detailed data that makes up the graphs would be not recorded and you would get a result similar to what you are seeing. The ResMed machines keep summary data in the machine, so can write that data to the SD card whenever it is inserted. But they write detailed flow data throughout the night and do not save it up to write to the card later.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for flagging my outdated profile info, oddly enough back in 2017 I had a massive overnight event (could not breath), which led to a post about me switching machines, and it was here that I discovered that the firmware/algorithms used between machines are different and made me go back to Resmed.

Anyhow, back to my lack of data on my SD card, the SD card is always left inside the machine, I rarely take it out to read data, mainly because whenever I need access to a high level summary, I use the MyAir app on my phone, so the SD card always stays inserted and always unlocked to write data. So very strange that data is missing.

On the other hand, I did try to access the card via Oscar without it being locked, then when data was transferring, I read the note where it said to make sure the card remains locked, especially on a MAC, as data might get written back onto the card, and render it inoperable when put back into the machine. So at that point I cancelled the data transfer and rushed back to my machine to make sure it would still work, which it did thankfully. I did run the machine for a few seconds to make sure all worked.

When I came back to use Oscar, I locked the card and did a data read. I actually have data for the few seconds I ran the machine today, but nothing prior. So might have something to do with that.

I guess going forward, I will try to save a few nights of data on the card, pull it, lock it, then see if Oscar sees the data, that might do it.

Thanks for all your great advice !!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 77 Today, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
Question Displaying more data from viatom/Wellue in the summary panel ? croc297 2 77 03-25-2024, 04:30 PM
Last Post: AlannaSantos
  Trouble importing data to Oscar bubbafoxus 2 88 03-22-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: bubbafoxus
  OSCAR Profiles and Combining Different Brand CPAP Data StratCat48 2 49 03-22-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Where Oscar put the data file? Rosacer24 0 60 03-22-2024, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Rosacer24
  There's 1.5 years of data in my OSCAR, but now there's a problem Snackers 8 223 03-19-2024, 03:36 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  OSCAR v1.5.2- error code 5, unable to write to data directory sleepynotion 2 107 03-18-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: sleepynotion

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.