Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR v1.4.0 is released
RE: OSCAR v1.4.0 is released
AutoPilot,

I might be helpful if we had a zipped copy of your SD card data.  You can upload it to Dropbox here: https://www.dropbox.com/request/M8q3DOdnO6wZGdjCTBxM
and it will be placed on the server for the developers.

Thanks
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
(07-07-2023, 10:54 PM)Jeff8356 Wrote: AutoPilot,

I might be helpful if we had a zipped copy of your SD card data. 

AutoPilot, also, if you can, put your forum username as part of the zip file, so that the developers will know who it's from.
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Hi - I have a ResMed AS11, recently upgraded from AS9. Couple of questions:

1. I note that the times in Oscar are out by one hour (shows 1 hour earlier than actual) I am in timezone GMT +1 which I have setup in Oscar (including DST ticked) and my AS11 is correctly set to GMT+1. I saw in the release notes for 1.4.0 that TZ support for the AS11 is still being finalised — is that the case. It's not a biggie, I just add one hour when looking at data, but would be nice to see actual times.
  2. When I put in the SD card from the AS11 into Oscar it seemed to migrate/update from the AS9 info to the AS11 — is there anything I need to do to have Oscar fully working with AS11.
  3. During the initial change to the AS11 in Oscar the software mentioned that my AS11 machine model was unknown, it is Western Europe model (no English menus which is a bit of a challenge for me not being fluent in the language displayed). Oscar said it would be helpful to have a ZIP of the data directory.
  • What is the process for that? Just ZIP the whole Oscar directory?
  • Will that then include personal private information?
  • What is the process for uploading the file? Use the same Dropbox upload link I saw in other post?
Today, I clicked *something* in preferences that triggered some type of rebuild. The AHI graph basically tripled with orange and blue bars, and when hovering, three sets of data showed for each bar. I could not find a way to fix what I did.
I decided to start over.

I blew away the application, and removed it from trash.
I also blew away the OSCAR folder under documents, and removed it from trash.

I downloaded a new copy of the app, and used the data stick as a source of the data. (June 11 2023 earliest date)
Data "reappeared" - including notes. I found that odd.
Some of the overview charts were fully populated.
- AHI
- Usage
- Session Times
- Pressure
- SensAwake
- Flow Limitation
- Weight
- BMI
- Zombie
F&P apparently does not report time in apnea.
The following overview charts were missing data from June 11-July18. Each of these days also do not have the below data.
- Large Leak
- Tidal Volume
- Minute Vent
- Respiratory Rate
- Leak Rate
I hit Data-> Rebuild CPAP data, and all the data disappeared, except the
manually entered data - Weight, BMI, and Zombie on the overview tab remained, not on the daily tab.
Reloading the data again from the data stick results in the same non-population of those specific charts.
All daily notes also returned.
This loop is repeatable with same results.

I do have O2 ring data starting Aug 5.
I also have Uf1 and Uf2 enabled with values set as provided by program

Any ideas?

Running OSCAR 1.4.0
MACOS Big Sur 11.7
MacBook Pro 2014 i7 processor
F&P SleepStyle Auto
Your Mac store two preferences files hidden in your ~/Library that ar not deleted when you delete the app.  If you want to start fresh you should delete those files, then re-install.

You can copy/paste the following command into Terminal to find them:
Code:
find ~/Library -iname "org.oscar-team.OSCAR.*" -print

you should see output like this:
Quote:/Users/jeff/Library/Saved Application State/org.oscar-team.OSCAR.savedState
/Users/jeff/Library/Preferences/org.oscar-team.OSCAR.plist

Then you can either use Finder to delete them, or the above command with the following addition:
Code:
find ~/Library -iname "org.oscar-team.OSCAR.*" -print -exec rm -rf {} \;
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Thank you, Jeff!  Project for this afternoon!  Thanks
(03-05-2023, 03:29 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: By default, OSCAR's graphs are in order of importance.  A lot of the users think that the "Advanced" view provides some type of additional information.  However, this "Advanced" view means the CPAP type, (i.e.: ASV, ST, ST-A, or iVAPS) and not the information being displayed.  

Since monitors can vary in resolution, there is a "rule-of-thumb" trick to resize the graphs to fit the 5 or 6 top ones in a single view.  Divide your monitor's vertical resolution by the number of graphs you want, plus 1.  This will be the value to enter into the File > Preferences > Appearance > Graph Height field.  

An example:
Monitor resolution: 1920(h) x 1080(v)
Number of graphs wanted in view: 6
Formula: 1080 / 6(+1) = 1080 / 7 = 154.2857
Enter the graph height to : 154

- Red

Hi Red,
So I'm setting up my daily graphs to show the same number of graphs in your example.

Using your formula, I entered my monitor resolution - 2560x1600 Retina Display.
Monitor resolution: 2560(h) x 1600(v)
Number of graphs wanted in view: 6
Formula: 1600 / 6(+1) = 1600 / 7 = 228.571
Enter the graph height to : 228

Entering this, I end up with about 2-3/4 graphs.
If I halve the graph height to 114, I end up with the six graphs I wanted.

I suspect it is how the pixels in the Retina display are addressed - pixel density vs resolution.

From an online article by Dudley Storey: (article link not included)
"Very simply, “high DPI” and “Retina” mean the same thing: a device with a high pixel density. “Pixel density” is the number of pixels a display can fit into a fixed distance. This is different from “resolution”, which is a simple count of the number of pixels across the entire width and height of a device. ..."
"...Traditional development practices have optimized web-ready graphics at the common denominator of 72 DPI. A “high DPI” device displaying such an image must double or even quadruple the number of pixels in the graphic to provide the impression that it is roughly the same size on a Retina display..."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Will an OSCAR update ever be released? guzzle 3 233 03-07-2024, 07:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  OSCAR v1.5.1 released Jeff8356 36 6,856 12-22-2023, 06:46 PM
Last Post: daz2264
  OSCAR v1.5.0 released Jeff8356 51 5,728 09-23-2023, 01:27 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  OSCAR v1.3.0 is released [old archived thread] Gideon 36 7,632 02-07-2023, 06:58 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  OSCAR v1.3.1 is released GuyScharf 25 5,141 06-11-2022, 10:45 AM
Last Post: Eztimes97

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.