Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR v1.4.0 is released
RE: OSCAR v1.4.0 is released
So nice to be able to use Oscar again. Thanks for all the hard work.
Quick question: am updating from the 1.4 beta, but the full 1.4 install asked to migrate the prior data, and for the life of me I could not find where the beta put it. Windows search couldn't find it either.  And once install completes, the migrate option is apparently gone. I have uninstalled the full version in hopes that it will again allow a migration when reinstalled.
You are probably looking for a directory named, "OSCAR_Data-Beta". Its location is dependent on your computer's operating system. Windows and Linux will put it in the (My) Documents folder. I don't have a clue where a Mac will locate it.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Beta testing versions of OSCAR use OSCAR_Data-test as the data directory. It is usually in the user's (My )Documents folder.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
On my Win10x64 system it was in Documents as OSCAR_Data-test ... but the 1.4 installler migration step refused to accept it (saying there was no data there). So I thought I had to look for something else.

I just manually copied that folder's contents into the OSCAR_Data folder left over from my first 1.4 install attempt. I reinstalled 1.4 and it took that data location automatically without asking for anything else. All appears to be well. Thanks for the help!
Revised post: Removed note about Second Wind...I thing that is a no no...

I have run into a new problem with OSCAR and a fairly new well running Dreamstation BiPAP Model S/T machine.

I am running OSCAR 1.1.1 on my main computer and OSCAR 1.4.0 on another computer as OSCAR 1.4.0 had a major problem upgrading on my main system. so much I gave up trying and installed it on another computer.

Both versions showed the same results with my trial of a ResMed Air Curve 10 BiPAP Model S machine.

I just got a Dreamstation BiPAP Model S/T, and as is my habit with a new machine after my first sleep season of 3.5 HRs I woke and read the on board screen, and it looked very good, it showed only 2.4 AHIs.

BUT when I tried to read the SD card in OSCAR it fails to do a full report.

OSCAR shows it SEES the Dreamstation BiPAP Model S/T machine, (both versions do this) and both version say OSCAR is seeing readings it has not seen, and asks to do a ZIP file to send to OSCAR and I have OKed this but instead of then showing any report it shows nothing, just my last reading of the ResMed machine 16 days ago.

So far after this ZIP File is created I cannot find it. Also where do I send it? If someone can tell me where it should be located, as it is not showing up with the OSCAR Program folder.

My old (always worked before) Encore Basic 2.4 also cannot or will not read the Dreamstation BiPAP Model S/T machine either but did report seeing the new machine but also no report but does show the BiPAP settings correctly.

So once again I have run into a odd problem.

At this point OSCAR 1.1.1 and 1.4.0 cannot do a report on my sleep.

Both versions on two computers asked to create a .ZIP file to send to OSCAR, and both failed to show me when this .ZIP was put and both fail to tell me where to send said .ZIP file, which I will gladly do once someone tells me where the file should be and where to send it.

I am glad to help OSCAR do there research and hope this file will help and the team can fix OSCAR so it can then read this Dreamstation BiPAP Model S/T machine.
machine and give me reports.

One thing different is this machine did not come with the Phone, Bluetooth, WiFi plug in, could that be the cause of this malfunction?

So far it looks like this new S/T machine may be the answer to my finding a backup/replacement machine to my search for such a system, in fact it looks better, in my time with these systems a 3.5 hour sleep season normally reads higher AHIs and these number most often are lower with a full nights 8 hours. I am very encouraged by this.

As a personal note, my time on CPAP after my Quad Bypass in 2013, I have seem the Phillips ASV machine go off the rails too often and too soon, my first Machine a 950 tripped out 1.5 years, and it was replaced by the seller after we talked about what was happening with a 960 model, which the lasted about 2.5 years and it also started acting up. I then got a rebuilt 950 (new mother board and Fan) and all was good for about three years when it need rebuilding again and was told sorry no parts it is now obsolete...and I had my back up 960 rebuild and was told that was most likely ITS last rebuild as it will be obsolete soon as well.

Facing certain doom, I fought and hunted to get a Dreamstation ASV as medicare will not provide me with one as my sleep studies do not show that by their guidelines to be bad enough to get one, I only missed by a couple of points in a sleep study as they will NOT consider my machines reports of my complex sleep Apnea NOR my Doctors reports and orders for such a system.

I am one of those persons that cannot do a good sleep study, in a strange bed, wired all up, with cameras watching my every move and a lack of temp. controls, and noise...I am lucky to get 2 to 3 hours of POOR sleep in a 8 to 9 hour session...and THEY insist that that is the only report Medicare will consider...what a rotten system.

So IF I want to live and to be able to even function I need a ASV system and by hook and crock I got a APAP Machine rebuilt into a ASV machine, and the formgate happened and I am now running a 4 year old system fearing it break down any day now.

The repair shop that helped is gone.

And as I have reported I cannot get a long with ResMed systems...to my sadness.

So I made a few mistakes, and broke a few rules, P*ssed off a few people, I am SURE Sleep Apnea cause my heart problems, and caused my quad bypass, I am retired on a fixed income so cannot buy a NEW ASV machine every 3 to 4 years... NOW I cannot even buy a used one OR even a New one or get my machine rebuilt (which I can afford) so after-all my life in on the line here....what would you do??

So here I am again seeking help.

Rich
So it seems I figured it out by my self.

I pulled the Phone sending modual from one of my older APAP machines and plugged it into the Dreamstation and the first thing that happened was the Dreamstation lost last nights on board report.

So I when to sleep and slept 4.42 and pulled the SD Card and lo and behold IT Reported my sleep: I got the readout and chart.

OSCAR 1.1.1 still said it is seeing odd stuff and again asks for ZIP Copy to be sent.

I figure that the lack of a report could because with out the Phone card plugged into the left side the system was running its reporting system incomplete so that might be the reason it was also not reporting fully on the card.

Seems I was right.

OSCAR 1.4.0 also reports almost the same: One thing is different:

The PIE Chart is missing....

Don't miss it as it never seemed to do accurate reports.

End of report.

Still willing to send the Zipped file if it will help.

Rich
Interesting, the onboard report is sill not 100%, the second sleep season was treated as two events on two/three nights.

Yet the OSCAR was able to report all of last night as a normal two/three part night.

Chart displays still seem a little off.

Hope the OSCAR Team will want that zip file and can make corrections as to how a Dreamstation BiPAP S/T reports.

Rich
If you’re getting these messages with 1.4.0 then please send the zip to:

https://www.dropbox.com/request/REp6AH7LCGyeOcXfOokH

If you go to Help > Troubleshooting > Create zip of CPAP data card it will prompt you where to save the zip. Then just send us that.

Thanks!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Will an OSCAR update ever be released? guzzle 3 222 03-07-2024, 07:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  OSCAR v1.5.1 released Jeff8356 36 6,829 12-22-2023, 06:46 PM
Last Post: daz2264
  OSCAR v1.5.0 released Jeff8356 51 5,693 09-23-2023, 01:27 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  OSCAR v1.3.0 is released [old archived thread] Gideon 36 7,602 02-07-2023, 06:58 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  OSCAR v1.3.1 is released GuyScharf 25 5,130 06-11-2022, 10:45 AM
Last Post: Eztimes97

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.