Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR v1.4.0 is released
RE: OSCAR v1.4.0 is released
Rich, it also helps to put your forum username (racprops) in the zip file name, so they know where it came from.
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Hi,
 I’m a new user. I just signed up for to this forum today. I’d rather not be dependent on clinicians thanks anyway! I downloaded and got started with OSCAR with very few problems. I have a brand new Macbook Air and MacOS. My thanks to those who made this OSCAR, very impressive!
Chuck
So - I updated to Oscar 1.4 and now only see data back to 12/31/2015. And even that seems to be missing some data. Prior to the upgrade, I had data back to 2011. Any suggestions on how to recover what's missing?
Rich, it also helps to put your forum username (racprops) in the zip file name, so they know where it came from. 

Will do.

Rich
(08-19-2022, 02:35 PM)jcavalie Wrote: So - I updated to Oscar 1.4 and now only see data back to 12/31/2015. And even that seems to be missing some data. Prior to the upgrade, I had data back to 2011. Any suggestions on how to recover what's missing?

Here's a little more info that might help.  I was on Oscar 1.3.x and everything looked fine. I upgraded to Oscar 1.4, and when I start it, it loads my profile(s) from my "OSCAR_Data" folder in my "Documents" folder (MacOS Monterey 12.5.1).

In my years of CPAP usage, I have used:
- 2011 thru 2017:  ResMed S9 Auto
- 2015 thru current: Phillips DreamStation Go (used only for travel)
- 2017 thru 2022: ResMed AirSense10 AutoSet
- 2022 thru current:  ResMed AirSense11 AutoSet

All of these worked together just fine in OSCAR 1.3.x - the statistics report showed the overall usage across all machines since 2011 and which days I used which machine, and the detailed data specific to the machine for the specific days I used a particular machine.

When I started OSCAR 1.4, it gave the attached message about needing to update the DreamStation Go database. I clicked ok, the database was updated, and I was shown my profile and data. However, it OSCAR only shows the DreamStation Go data now, back to when I started using it. My profile no longer has any of the data associated with the ResMed machines - so instead of near perfect CPAP usage since 2011, I'm shown only 150 days of usage since the first time I used the Go, in 2015.  At the bottom of the report that shows the list of machines and switching between them, it does have 1 row each for the ResMed machines, but no dates or settings.

I was able to pull a copy of my data from a backup from prior to switching to OSCAR 1.4. I tried this whole procedure again with the same results.  I did not try to find OSCAR 1.3 and use that.

Any suggestions on how to get OSCAR 1.4 fixed so it upgrades the Go database without losing all the ResMed data?

thanks for any advice!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(08-19-2022, 02:35 PM)jcavalie Wrote: So - I updated to Oscar 1.4 and now only see data back to 12/31/2015. And even that seems to be missing some data. Prior to the upgrade, I had data back to 2011. Any suggestions on how to recover what's missing?

I'm not even able to find OSCAR 1.3.1 anywhere to download and try that again.
(08-22-2022, 10:49 AM)jcavalie Wrote: I'm not even able to find OSCAR 1.3.1 anywhere to download and try that again.

I recovered OSCAR 1.3.1 and the my data from TimeMachine, from a few days before my OSCAR 1.4 upgrade. I can now confirm that 1.3.1 sees all my data back to 2011. I was then able to import my updated data from my AirSense10 (up to last day before I retired the machine), AirSense11 (first 3 days it has been in service) and DreamStation Go (last few trips where it has been used).

Version 1.3.1 gave me a warning that the AirSense11 was new and not supported, but it said it was similar [to the AirSense10] and seems to have loaded the data just fine.

I now have full data, up to and including last night, from my first night in 2011. At this point, I'm going to hold at 1.3.1 until there's an update that resolves the DreamStation Go database update hiding my data prior to December 31, 2015.  Thanks for listening! I really like having this SW available - so kudos to the developers who maintain the project.
You have extremely high flow limitation that continues to be displayed in these graphs. Your Autoset is at the limits of its capability and even with a collar has not successfully mitigated this. Your lack of CA events shows you can tolerate, and will likely benefit from significantly higher PS that you cannot get from the Autoset. If you can afford the Vauto, you will notice a significant difference, but I can't guarantee that it will fully satisfy what you hope for...we can hope. I'm confident that you will be much better off and that it will successfully treat much of your upper airway restriction, assuming that is where it comes from.

If you move forward with a private purchase, take precautions to ensure you receive the device as promised. Do not pay cash or money orders or other unsecured payment options. Try to verify the model and hours through pictures.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
(08-22-2022, 11:18 AM)jcavalie Wrote: I recovered OSCAR 1.3.1 and the my data from TimeMachine, from a few days before my OSCAR 1.4 upgrade. I can now confirm that 1.3.1 sees all my data back to 2011. I was then able to import my updated data from my AirSense10 (up to last day before I retired the machine), AirSense11 (first 3 days it has been in service) and DreamStation Go (last few trips where it has been used).

Version 1.3.1 gave me a warning that the AirSense11 was new and not supported, but it said it was similar [to the AirSense10] and seems to have loaded the data just fine.

I now have full data, up to and including last night, from my first night in 2011. At this point, I'm going to hold at 1.3.1 until there's an update that resolves the DreamStation Go database update hiding my data prior to December 31, 2015.  Thanks for listening! I really like having this SW available - so kudos to the developers who maintain the project.

Looks like Data Rebuild for each of my machines fixed it that data in OSCAR 1.4.
I upgraded to 1.4.0, and next time I opened oscar (a couple of days later), my profile was gone and everything had to be imported from the SD card again. Sadly that doesn't include the data from my previous machine. Looking in the Profiles directory, there's an extra ResMed folder (presumably the old machine?), but Oscar isn't picking it up. It's also lost all my user preferences (presumably those part of the Profile as well).

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Will an OSCAR update ever be released? guzzle 3 217 03-07-2024, 07:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  OSCAR v1.5.1 released Jeff8356 36 6,826 12-22-2023, 06:46 PM
Last Post: daz2264
  OSCAR v1.5.0 released Jeff8356 51 5,688 09-23-2023, 01:27 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  OSCAR v1.3.0 is released [old archived thread] Gideon 36 7,595 02-07-2023, 06:58 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  OSCAR v1.3.1 is released GuyScharf 25 5,127 06-11-2022, 10:45 AM
Last Post: Eztimes97

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.