Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR v1.4.0 is released
RE: OSCAR v1.4.0 is released
What operating system are you using? Did you change to a new computer? What is the path to your OSCAR data structure (Help > Troubleshooting > System information will show you the path)? Is tis the same path you were using with a previous version of OSCAR, and which version was that?

By default, when you install a new version of OSCAR, OSCAR will find the data the previous version used.

OSCAR never deletes previous data unless you ask it to. Your old profile is probably still there somewhere -- we just have to figure out where.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
I updated all Linux builds (and added a few more, including aarch64): https://gitlab.com/pholy/OSCAR-code/-/issues/50

I also updated the Flatpak. 

I wonder if someone has access to the wiki that could add my Linux builds guide from the issue I mentioned above?
I also request that DL info for these packages be listed somewhere "official". I do appreciate that someone had put together some deb based packages, that leaves out all of the rpm based distros.

I have DLed and installed the rpm for Opensuse 15.3 and imported 5 years of data from my first machine.

Thanks to Docca
Hi-I'm a pretty avid user of OSCAR, but today, I can't get my data to show up after downloading it from SD card. I deleted OSCAR and reinstalled the new version, but that wasn't helpful. I can't click on my profile, "open profile", or even create a "new profile." Could this be related to the new release? Thanks!
It sounds more like a permission setting. What OS are you using? Are you using OSCAR's default locations for both its program and data files?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Thanks for Oscar and the new 1.4 version. I've wasted too much time this evening looking for something I know you guys can help with in a flash: Which setting will help me see the full display - currently at least half of the right sidebar is missing, as are the OK and Cancel buttons at the bottom of the Preference pages. Thanks a million.
Hi Crimson Nape-I'm using Windows 10, and I'm using the default locations for the program and data files. Thanks in advance for your help!
The OSCAR_Data file is located in your Documents folder (formally named "My Documents"). Windows may have assigned OSCAR a different username for security reasons. Two things you may wish to check, #1. The Security settings in the OSCAR Properties section, and #2. The properties section of your Documents folder. The easiest setting is to allow the Built-in security principal, "Everyone", full access to both directories. Basically, you want all the listings in the Security section to have full access. (Side note: I just realized that a Windows update had removed this setting from my Windows 7 PC.)

Please report back on your success or failure.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Hi Crimson Nape-I checked everything you suggested with permission settings, and everything looks fine. Any other ideas? 
Thanks,
Amy
Try creating a new user and see if OSCAR will work under the new username. If so, it is a permission thing that Microsoft has implemented.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Will an OSCAR update ever be released? guzzle 3 173 03-07-2024, 07:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  OSCAR v1.5.1 released Jeff8356 36 6,550 12-22-2023, 06:46 PM
Last Post: daz2264
  OSCAR v1.5.0 released Jeff8356 51 5,396 09-23-2023, 01:27 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  OSCAR v1.3.0 is released [old archived thread] Gideon 36 7,521 02-07-2023, 06:58 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  OSCAR v1.3.1 is released GuyScharf 25 4,984 06-11-2022, 10:45 AM
Last Post: Eztimes97

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.