Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR v1.4.0 is released
RE: OSCAR v1.4.0 is released
I can't get any of the buttons on the right side of the page to work: open profile, edit profile, new profile, or destroy profile. The same thing happens if I uninstall oscar and create a new profile. I can import CPAP data, but I can't view daily or statistics.
Just so I'm clear, this is after you created a new Windows user account?

In further thought, I remember having something like you described before. It turned out to be a corrupted download of OSCAR. This never happens to me except this one time. If you have the capability to test your OSCAR install package's checksum, I will supply you the values. If not, just try downloading OSCAR again.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
I just switched Windows user accounts, and created a new Oscar profile, and it works fine. I guess this means it's a user profile problem? It seems to be a permissions setting after all (?). Can you provide a brief listing of all the directories where this program installs files (default) or requires access? My husband is fairly tech saavy, and has attempted to allow permissions for my user account to allow read-write modifications throughout all subfolders on that account. Something somewhere is either not reading or writing to a directory, we assume.
Knowing Microsoft, it very well could be a policy setting and not in the normal file permissions area.

I just did a search and came across this little tidbit, "In Windows 10, go to Start > Settings > Privacy > File system and make sure Allow apps to access your file system is turned On."

Here is the Microsoft website link about this: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/wind...a688e5c7be

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Yep-that setting is already on...
Sir,
I can't thank you enough for all the hard, efficient and accurate work your team of selfless volunteers have done! The new version of OSCAR works quite well with the Dream Station 2 Auto CPAP Advanced. I am delighted to be back in business thanks to you.

I regret that I have been absent from the forum for some time now, save for checking the thread on the Phillips recall.
My Phillips System One was replaced on 20 January 2023. I registered for recall 10 August 2021. One year 5 months 10 days.
After reading all the material, I  downloaded the clinician access data, set up the machine, and used it the first night 20 January '23.
Next morning took the SD card to my computer only to discover that Encore Basic no longer works and OSCAR didn't work either.
Back to the forum! Steep learning curve, new software, lots of eye-opening data.

My DME is the VAMC in St Paul.  Not much help from those folks. Never has been. Their idea of a prescription is default values.
Thank you for all you do!

I am now acutely aware of your initiative to encourage your members to "stir the pot" relative to Phillips leading the industry in their strategy to monetize patient data.  What a sick mentality. Rest assured I will do all I can to raise levels of awareness at legislative conclaves.
Thank you for your services to all CPAP users.

Thanks
(06-18-2022, 05:40 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Yes, it still splits the day at noon.  This is in the CPAP's firmware.  

This is just my opinion, but the other site will probably offer the split fix about a week after the OSCAR coders figure how to implement it and publish the code.

Suspected this...

OSCAR dev team is great. Thank you all for everything that you do.
so I just got a new Dreamstation 2 advanced. It does not have an SD card. I can get a bit of info with their Dreammapper app on my phone but is it possible to get the data to my desktop and OSCAR?
Yes, you will need to purchase a SD card.  It has to be in your machine while you are sleeping.  

Follow the instructions in this link:

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization

When you're ready, start a new thread in the main forum and title it something like:
randymac's Therapy Thread
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
I wonder if it would be possible to add a utility to OSCAR to auto-arrange and size charts for screen capture, as described in http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization ?

I so appreciate this software, thank you all for your generosity!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Will an OSCAR update ever be released? guzzle 3 173 03-07-2024, 07:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  OSCAR v1.5.1 released Jeff8356 36 6,555 12-22-2023, 06:46 PM
Last Post: daz2264
  OSCAR v1.5.0 released Jeff8356 51 5,410 09-23-2023, 01:27 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  OSCAR v1.3.0 is released [old archived thread] Gideon 36 7,522 02-07-2023, 06:58 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  OSCAR v1.3.1 is released GuyScharf 25 4,987 06-11-2022, 10:45 AM
Last Post: Eztimes97

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.