Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR v1.4.0 is released
OSCAR v1.4.0 is released
Quote:
ADMIN NOTICE:

v1.4.0 is an older version of OSCAR.
For the newest release, go to the official OSCAR download page at:
https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR

~ This thread is closed to new replies ~

OSCAR v1.4.0 Release

It's here folks: https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR/ with DreamStation 2 support.

The major change in this release is the addition of support for the Philips Respironics DreamStation 2. Other changes have been made as listed below.

We recommend everyone update to this latest version of OSCAR.

Philips Respironics and the DreamStation 2

This time Philips Respironics threw us a curve ball.

Coinciding with a recall for nearly every consumer machine they have built in the last large number of years, Philips released the DreamStation 2, which is unaffected by recall.  The recall was of "All Affected Devices Manufactured Before 26 April 2021, All Device Serial Numbers." Philips Respironics has encrypted the data on the DreamStation 2 so that they can control and monetize that data by making it accessible, for a fee, to their providers only and only with their proprietary system Care-Orchestrator. With considerable effort, the OSCAR team has been able to decrypt the data so that OSCAR can show you the data from your machine.

The changes made by Philips in the DreamStation 2 are harmful to patient empowerment, making it more difficult for you to manage your own sleep apnea therapy.

So far the OSCAR Team has found three major changes made by Philips in the DreamStation 2 devices:
  1. The data on the SD card IS Encrypted purportedly to limit access to the data to clinical personnel ONLY and NOT the end-users, the people who have Sleep Apnea.  As of June 2022, OSCAR can read this data.
  2. There are two levels of the DreamStation 2. First are the "Advanced" models.  These are much more "user friendly" than the "NON-ADVANCED" models. The NON-ADVANCED models can easily be identified via their two-toned cases with blue bottoms.  These "NON-ADVANCED" models truly limit what you can adjust.
  3. The tube temperature of some DreamStation 2 "NON-ADVANCED" models CANNOT be changed by the end-user.  Why?  When asked, a Phillips representative stated, "We are taking away more settings from the user in order to have the 'clinicians' take care of that".  To our current knowledge the DreamStation 2 CPAP and DreamStation 2 Auto CPAP (NON-ADVANCED models) do not have a Providers Menu. Changes to most CPAP settings can only be set via Care Orchestrator Essence, which is not available to the CPAP user.
The above changes are at best disturbing. For end users, the "official" read access to CPAP data is via DreamMapper, which has Summary data and Compliance info only. Detailed data is available only through Care Orchestrator Essence, which is available ONLY for clinical personnel.

Item #1 speaks for itself. All detailed data is encrypted and as such is not available to the end-user from Phillips Respironics. (As noted above, OSCAR can currently access this information).

Item #3 outright says that Philips is taking away access to even basic humidification from the end-users.

Risks:
This is a big one.  This trend within Philips Respironics to make all new devices so that ONLY clinical personnel will have access to your medical data is growing.

Philips Respironics has chosen to make some new devices so that ONLY clinical personnel will be able to change settings on the CPAP with access solely through Care Orchestrator, eliminating the Provider Menu. That appears to have been done on the DreamStation 2 (NOT ADVANCED) devices.

Changes and fixes in OSCAR v1.4.0
Portions of OSCAR are © 2019-2022 by The OSCAR Team
  • [new] Support for Philips Respironics DreamStation 2:
    • DreamStation 2 CPAP (410X150C)
    • DreamStation 2 Advanced CPAP (420X150C)
    • DreamStation 2 Auto CPAP Advanced (520X110C, 520X130C, 520X150C)
    • DreamStation 2 Auto CPAP Advanced with P-Flex (521X120C, 521X140C)      
  • [new] Additional Philips Respironics devices tested and fully supported:
    • BiPAP Auto (System One 60 Series) (761P)
    • BiPAP autoSV Advanced 30 (System One 60 Series) (961TCA)
    • REMstar Auto (System One) (552P)
  • [new] For AutoSet 11, two models were added to the tested list: 39421 and 39485.
  • [fix] Added support for pressure pulse, CA, and VS on BiPAP autoSV Advanced 30 (System One 60 Series) (960T).
  • [fix] Fixed pressure settings scale on BiPAP autoSV Advanced 30 (System One 60 Series) (960T).
  • [fix] For all ResMed devices, square plot (no smoothing) has been forced on all 2 second pressure graphs.
  • [fix] File Export Sessions now exports statistics session data properly.
  • [fix] Fixed a rare crash on import when encountering corrupted Philips Respironics directories.
  • [fix] Fixed an incorrect warning message when importing some CheckMe O2 Max data.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
RE: OSCAR v1.4.0 is released
Thank you for updating the software; I'd like to report an issue Smile

So my install went through, detected that I used a DreamStation Pro (in the past), and went to upgrade the database. Now it says the last time I used my DreamStation was 176 days ago, which makes sense. However everything since that date when I've been using my AirSense 11 is gone.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

If you were using an Alpha or Beta copy of the software, then it was using a different OSCAR_Data folder. Look for a data directory with a "-testing" suffix.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Hi!
I used the Export Data/CSV Export Wizard but never saw a place to define where to send the CSV file to and can't find it using a C: drive search.  I hope you can help me with this.
(06-17-2022, 07:29 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: If you were using an Alpha or Beta copy of the software, then it was using a different OSCAR_Data folder.  Look for a data directory with a "-testing" suffix.

I was using the released 1.3.1.

I went to Data > Rebuild CPAP Data > [resmed machine] and it brought the sessions back.
Get the latest update to make your Dreamstation 2 machines compatible with Oscar. 

Thanks to the development team for making this possible.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
I'm going to ask anyway at the risk of being flamed. Does this new version allow split noon for shift workers?

I know on another site there's an online beta version for sleep diagnostic software like SH and Oscar. I read someone was asking about the same for the Air Sense 11 and the response from the developers that they'll add that feature to future version(s). So obviously, it's do-able.
Yes, it still splits the day at noon. This is in the CPAP's firmware.

This is just my opinion, but the other site will probably offer the split fix about a week after the OSCAR coders figure how to implement it and publish the code.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Well done Fellas -- creating the Dreamstation 2 decrypting, reading and displaying software.

Should my Dreamstation 1 get replaced by a Dreamstation 2 I will not hesitate anymore, now being able to read and interprete my own(ed)  user data

Thank you for all your efforts    Thanks

Sam
I just downloaded and installed the latest version 1.4.0. The software wanted to update the database but didn't pull in any of the data from my Resmed AirSense 10. It now says the last time I used my old System One 60 was 536 days ago (December 28, 2020). How do I get the rest of the data incorporated into the database?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Will an OSCAR update ever be released? guzzle 3 171 03-07-2024, 07:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  OSCAR v1.5.1 released Jeff8356 36 6,543 12-22-2023, 06:46 PM
Last Post: daz2264
  OSCAR v1.5.0 released Jeff8356 51 5,393 09-23-2023, 01:27 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  OSCAR v1.3.0 is released [old archived thread] Gideon 36 7,518 02-07-2023, 06:58 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  OSCAR v1.3.1 is released GuyScharf 25 4,984 06-11-2022, 10:45 AM
Last Post: Eztimes97

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.