Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR - Open Source CPAP Analysis Reporter
RE: OSCAR - Open Source CPAP Analysis Reporter
I'm seeing a lot of progress & a great spirit of cooperation in the AST group as they work to release OSCAR.

There are currently about 40 members in that group, and if what's happened so far is any indication, future OSCAR releases will be a great success.

From what I can tell, the AST members have "checked their egos at the door" and truly want to help fellow sleep apnea patients around the world.

I think it was Harry S. Truman who said, "It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit."

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Enjoyed your last two sentences. How true!
I shall wait, as Milton said "They also serve who only stand and wait".
I'd like to give my sincerest thanks to Mark Watkins for his help to bring to us Sleepyhead.

Also, a big thank you to the crew that's creating OSCAR.

A Coffee as toast to ya...
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
I am looking forward to getting OSCAR? Do you guys know of a possible release date at this time? Thanks for all of what you do. Steve
The AST group is working on it right now and hopes to have OSCAR 1.0.0 officially released sometime in March.

When they say it's ready for release, there will be an announcement here in the forums and we'll also have a link to the OSCAR download page at the top of every forum page, similar to the one that's currently there for SleepyHead.
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

(02-25-2019, 02:24 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: <snip> The AST team now working to produce a legal fork called OSCAR is comprised of many of the same people who were on Mark's SleepyHead team.  It is THOSE people who should be thanked for  not letting the dream of SleepyHead die when the original author decided to kill it. </snip>

I see what you did there.

So glad to see new life to this cause! My first CPAP arrives on Thursday and was a little sad to see such a great tool in danger of abandonment.

I've preemptively marked myself as an OSCAR user in support. I am a user experience designer and make user-friendly software by day. Happy to pitch in if you ever need UI design help for a new feature. Though I imagine the priorities right now are supporting more machines.

Cheers!
Welcome, nbarday !

See this thread if you'd like to help with OSCAR development or testing:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...to-contact

Coffee
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

(02-25-2019, 12:38 PM)Sleep2Snore Wrote: Shame that some thought to send the original developer so much abuse that he gave up on his website.
There are some right idiots around that hide behind the Internet to abuse others!
I'm another reviled "abuser" of Mark Watkins.

I put hundreds, if not thousands of hours into 0.98 and 1.0, (that's why I'm on the credits page... Smile ).

Then towards the end of 1.0 development, I did a horrible thing (to hear Mr Watkins tell it), I'd been trying to get him to change some of the things that routinely confuse people, (like using resmed leak warnings on respironics machines)  And he'd been blowing me off.

In retrospect I see now that he'd been acting more and more paranoid, ranting about how people were out to get him, and I was spending more and more time trying to talk him back from the edge.

Then I made a fatal mistake, I said:

"Why don't you talk to pugsy and RobySue about the things they see that confuse people?"

And, BAM, I was an enemy, and kicked out of the project. 

That is exactly the kind of "abuse" people have heaped on Mr Watkins.

The final straw that lead to the latest breakdown was people *talking* about an idea to help him, and you, as a CPAP user.

Mr. Watkins has never cared about you, the user, sleepyhead has always been something to stoke his ego (and make money off of).  

Any benefit to CPAP users is purely a fortunate side effect..

The very "abusers" are now working to create software to help YOU, the people who need to see their data, in order to better YOUR treatment, not to stoke their egos.

Support them.
You got credit? not so much for me. I brought the team together that supported advance Philips BiPAP machines, the Devilbiss and almost got the Somnibalance into the 1.1.0 release.  Many calculation corrections and the introduction screen no longer lectures you about how "horrible" your results are. I'm not accredited.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

(03-06-2019, 07:19 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: You got credit? not so much for me. I brought the team together that supported advance Philips BiPAP machines, the Devilbiss and almost got the Somnibalance into the 1.1.0 release.  Many calculation corrections and the introduction screen no longer lectures you about how "horrible" your results are.  I'm not accredited.

Yeah, take a look at the 'help/about' page on 1.0:

Quote:Kudos & Credits

Bugfixes, Patches and Platform Help: James Marshall, Rich Freeman, John Masters, Keary Griffin, Patricia Shanahan, Alec Clews, manders99, Sean Stangl, Roy Stone, François Revol, Michael Masterson, RezNet, PaleRider, JediBob, Diamaunt.
Translators: Arie Klerk (Translation Coordinator, also Dutch), Steffen Reitz (German), Chen Hao (Chinese), Lars-Erik Söderström (Swedish), Damien Vigneron (French), António Jorge Costa (Portuguese), Judith Guzmán (Spanish), Plamen Tonev (Bulgarian) and others I've still to add here.

3rd Party Libaries: SleepyHead is built using the Qt Application Framework. In the updater code, SleepyHead uses QuaZip by Sergey A. Tachenov, which is a C++ wrapper over Gilles Vollant's ZIP/UNZIP package.

Special thanks to Pugsy and Robysue from [that other place] for their help with documentation and tutorials, as well as everyone who helped out by testing and sharing their CPAP data.
It has been a singular effort on his part, hasn't it?  Dielaughing

Bummer that he shafted you even more.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 131 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question Oscar Help - Analysis after 3 Weeks, Improvements! ef8mk 7 319 03-24-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: ef8mk
  New to CPAP, need help with analyze OSCAR tomakl 2 116 03-24-2024, 08:17 AM
Last Post: tomakl
  New and in Need OSCAR Analysis Well Marbled 1 65 1,397 03-23-2024, 12:34 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 189 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 200 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 143 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.