Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR Overview Pressure Plot not showing real Max
OSCAR Overview Pressure Plot not showing real Max
I have a Resmed Airsense 10.  My min/max pressure settings are 10/16 with EPR of 3.   Here are my results from last night, as shown on the Daily tab and on the Overview Pressure Plot

Daily Tab              Overview Tab
Min Press            10.0                        10.0
Med Press           10.56                      10.56
95% Press          11.66                      11.66
Max Press           12.46                      16.00

The Overview Tab also has a "Min 10.0 Max 16.0 (cmH2O) notation when you hover your cursor over it.

It appears that my Max Press is 16.0 for every day on the Overview Tab.
Isn't it intended that the Overview Pressure plot will allow me to track my actual Max Press over time?

Thanks for your consideration.

Dennis

P.S.  I just downloaded the latest OSCAR this morning and these readings are from the latest version (v1.1.1).
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR Overview Pressure Plot not showing real Max
We recently discovered that the "Max setting" was being reported there. This will be fixed in a future release.
This is more complicated than it initially seems.
Look at a BiLevel where EPAP and IPAP can considerably overlap, and then variable pressure support. How do we concey all this info in this chart? We are looking at it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you. That is my last "peeve" on a great program. I won't have to look at ResScan ever again.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid298192
Post Reply Post Reply
Fred,

The current situation is serving nobody's needs.  I have to think that BiLevel users are a small minority of OSCAR users.   If you issued a revision that put actual Max there without resolving the complicated BiLevel situation, you would serve the vast majority of users.    Is this a case of Perfection being the enemy of Good?

No offense intended, I'm just trying a little different perspective.

If BiLevel is so complicated (I'm not familiar with it) have you thought about adding an optional BiLevel plot that users can turn on in Settings?
Post Reply Post Reply
The pressure plot is something that was inherited from Sleepyhead and will get sorted at some point when a developer has the urge to look into it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Engineer and ex-programmer here.   It seems to me that most of the improvement could be achieved by a variable name change when calling the plotting routine - not exactly a Sputnik level effort!   

That said, I'm extremely grateful for this wonderful software and do not really feel as snarky about it as that last statement may sound!!
Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
We are looking into a large change in OSCARs UI and data structure. Neither of these are trivial.

Likely a small change will be in the next full release. With a full revamp coming with 2.0 or 2.1

If you didn't notice, we really don't like incorrect information.

Sopher Fellow if you would like to become an ex-ex-programmer and help us out drop me a PM. The more people that jump in and help the more we can do. Realize, and I know you do, that this is completely a project that is completely staffed by volunteers,
Post Reply Post Reply
Fred,

I apologize if I offended, I should have chosen my words more carefully!  Yes, I do realize that this is a volunteer effort.   As for me, my last OOP, C++ programming was 25 years ago and now days I can barely remember my own name, so I'm pretty sure you don't want me messing around in there.   

So, in summary, this is not that big of a deal, but I felt obligated to point it out, not very tactfully!
Post Reply Post Reply
Not offended, not at all. likly it was I who was not very tactful in my response. I/we do really appreciate finding issues we missed. A lot, dare I say most, of the issues that have been fixed were discovered by users such as yourself. My asking you if you wanted to join the OSCAR developers was a serious offer.

And in my opinion, OSCAR is wrong, wherever it came from, it IS a VERY BIG DEAL. The dig into this very issue uncovered other issues.

One of the big, and to the user, transparent things we are working on is OSCAR's data structure. Obviously, where this goes will impact future development. After this will come a UI overhaul. That is when the BiLevel pressure issues will be addressed.
Post Reply Post Reply
Is this fixed in the beta version? If so, I'd be happy to give it a test drive.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar question - flow rate graph not showing kkjacks 7 107 03-23-2024, 11:12 AM
Last Post: kkjacks
  OSCAR not picking up resetting of min pressure? WisNaeMe 6 536 01-17-2024, 07:55 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Adding charts to Overview? bstabens 1 411 11-24-2023, 08:32 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
  OSCAR 1.5 Pressure Display Cuppa 3 648 09-05-2023, 06:29 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Feature Request] EPR mode in overview pressure graph tossinandturnin 8 853 07-24-2023, 06:24 AM
Last Post: tossinandturnin
  Oscar will not show Overview after SD card Replacement [Solved, see post #4] DaKitty 4 760 05-04-2023, 03:37 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356
  Oscar not showing info from a Airsense 10 AutoSet for Her CavemanSean 7 802 04-28-2023, 08:22 AM
Last Post: CavemanSean

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.