Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR Preferences Window too large for screen
OSCAR Preferences Window too large for screen
Opening the window and preferences hides the accept and cancel buttons.

To access the buttons you have to decrease the size of the window from the top, move it up and then half of the buttons appear, I think Oscar has been designed on a computer with a very large resolution, with slepphead this does not happen, the preferences window is smaller
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR is Released and Live
Perchas has beat me to this—I second the request for a fix!
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-02-2019, 04:30 PM)Perchas Wrote: Opening the window and preferences hides the accept and cancel buttons.

To access the buttons you have to decrease the size of the window from the top, move it up and then half of the buttons appear, I think Oscar has been designed on a computer with a very large resolution, with slepphead this does not happen, the preferences window is smaller

How about some screen prints, and your screen resolution.  That would make it a lot clearer.
Post Reply Post Reply
The resolution on my laptop is 1366 x 768, and I'm uploading a screenshot.  Let me know whether this is what you need, or not.  Many thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-02-2019, 06:20 PM)Dormeo Wrote: The resolution on my laptop is 1366 x 768, and I'm uploading a screenshot.  Let me know whether this is what you need, or not.  Many thanks!

Thanks.  Can you resize the preference dialog so that it does fit on your screen by dragging on the corner?  On my computer, I see the initial height is about 751 pixels, which would clearly be too tall for your screen with room needed for taskbar etc.  I can resize the dialog on my computer so the vertical height is about 715 pixels.  Would that height work for you?
Post Reply Post Reply
I can resize it by grabbing either the corner or the top of the dialogue box, but then there’s one more step, which is dragging the box upward to reveal the cancel and Ok buttons.  I’ve just experimented some more, and without resizing I can drag the box upward just enough to expose the top halves of the buttons. 

So users can solve this problem if they guess there are buttons somewhere and figure out ways to try to find them. But ideally the entire box would be visible right away on a variety of machines.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-02-2019, 09:15 PM)Dormeo Wrote: I can resize it by grabbing either the corner or the top of the dialogue box, but then there’s one more step, which is dragging the box upward to reveal the cancel and Ok buttons.  I’ve just experimented some more, and without resizing I can drag the box upward just enough to expose the top halves of the buttons. 

So users can solve this problem if they guess there are buttons somewhere and figure out ways to try to find them. But ideally the entire box would be visible right away on a variety of machines.

I don't propose a user resizing the dialog as a solution.  I just wanted to know if you resized the dialog, would it fit on your screen?  That would tell me how much the dialog would need to be reduced to fit on a smaller screen.  Could you resize the dialog to the smallest it will go and send me another screen shot?

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-02-2019, 09:15 PM)Dormeo Wrote: I can resize it by grabbing either the corner or the top of the dialogue box, but then there’s one more step, which is dragging the box upward to reveal the cancel and Ok buttons.  I’ve just experimented some more, and without resizing I can drag the box upward just enough to expose the top halves of the buttons.

Also, please let me know if you are running 32-bit or 64-bit Windows.  I can make a test build to see if that works better for you without harming anyone else.
Post Reply Post Reply
My laptop runs 64-bit Windows.  I'm attaching a screenshot of the box after I've minimized it maximally (!).  Really appreciate your help with this!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR Preferences Window too large for screen
If your computer supports a 1080 resolution instead of 768 pixel, that is the best solution. Right click on the desktop and select Display Settings to see the options available under resolution. I'm aware of many users that are still using lower resolution screens, so this issue will be a problem for anyone with lower resolution. We see this fairly often when members post graphs but can only fit limited information vertically due to resolution. Also, the Display zoom will allow more of a window to show if it is set at 100% than if it is zoomed to 125% or higher.

OSCAR does not currently enable setting alternative resolutions than what the system provides, and if it is scaled to the lowest VGA standard then everyone's screen resolution will be compromised.

People with Ultra High Definition screens have found sleepyhead to be displayed too small to read the text. The work-around for them is to override the high DPI scaling behavior as described below (from Wiki). I wonder if something like this would also work for lower resolution screens.

Go to whatever folder containing the Sleepyhead.exe program.
Right click on 'SleepyHead.exe'.
Left click on 'Properties'.
Left click the 'Compatibility tab'.
Left click box for 'Overide high DPI scaling behavior'.
Scaling performed by: Click on drop down box just below and select 'System'.
Click Apply, then Okay.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Questions about the Oximetry Preferences setting.... Lucky7 4 290 03-23-2024, 04:35 PM
Last Post: croc297
  New software version doesn't view properly, wide screen mode? piratekitty 3 406 02-10-2024, 08:38 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Session Preferences srlevine1 0 461 10-24-2023, 07:30 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Trouble scrolling in a zoomed graph window. morningstar 2 497 09-26-2023, 12:43 PM
Last Post: morningstar
  Oscar V 1.5 [screen resolution issues - solved, see post #4] Dannobre 15 1,687 09-10-2023, 06:15 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
  OSCAR Blank window - Mac KATWITCH 2 561 08-31-2023, 12:06 AM
Last Post: Jeff8356
  Screen scaling of data BlueSky1958 5 554 04-26-2023, 08:36 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.