Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR Question
Question 
OSCAR Question
Hi All, 

I'm pretty new to CPAP and brand new to the forum, going into my fourth week with CPAP. I've actually transitioned well (I think) as I've been tracking my sleep info via MyAir since day one. I'm getting a score of 100 or high 90's most days (I don't always get 7hours). But I've recently downloaded OSCAR and am taking a closer look at my data. 

I've noticed a few of my nights have large gaps of no data even though I slept for 5-8 hours. I get a high score in MyAir with a pretty low AHI but wondering why there is no data. Any idea why my data has these gaps?
Thank you for your help!  Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR Question
Hi Lukka06! - Welcome

I'm guessing that you might have Smart Start turned on. If so, that is probably your problem. For some reason, when it is turned on, gaps in the data seem to occur.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Go to the very bottom and make sure all of the sessions have a check mark. If any do not that will show up as gaps.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply

Forgot to add the image  Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
Lukka06 - For OSCAR screenshots, please use the F12 key. This will minimize the calendar and provide more of the useful information on the left side. Also, look at the links in my signature for help in using OSCAR and posting images here.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Crimson Nape & Stacey, Thanks

Thank you very much for the response. I've checked and I do not have Smart Start turned on and it looks like I do have all sessions checked. Any other ideas? 

Below is another example. (hope I added the image right). Big Grin

Post Reply Post Reply
You got me, I don’t know. But if you look at the hour and if you slept for all the hour on the graphs - you would have slept 14+ hours.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Your chart shows that you started sleeping at 3 am and the session terminated at noon, as ResMed machines always end the day at noon and start another day immediately thereafter. Are you normally sleeping through noon (working a swing shift or something?). When that happens, ResMed splits your sleep time into two different days.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar question - flow rate graph not showing kkjacks 7 108 03-23-2024, 11:12 AM
Last Post: kkjacks
  Oscar Question paulag1955 11 922 11-19-2023, 01:37 AM
Last Post: paulag1955
  Quick OSCAR Question re Custom Event Flagging AndyB 3 718 06-06-2023, 08:32 AM
Last Post: AndyB
Question Question on data on OSCAR overview page redhermes 8 810 01-12-2023, 10:06 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Integrating 02 monitor with OSCAR (question!) spetzal 14 1,202 12-12-2022, 11:43 AM
Last Post: Jeff8356
Question INSTALL QUESTION OF OSCAR UPDATE ON MAC Plmnb 2 582 12-05-2022, 11:46 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Question re: creating a report via OSCAR PaulaO2 14 979 10-30-2022, 08:20 AM
Last Post: Expat31

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.