Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SERVER MOVE - [note: COMPLETED NOW]
Information 
SERVER MOVE - [note: COMPLETED NOW]
~ HEADS UP - SERVER MOVE ~

When:  sometime between now and Wednesday, January 29. 2020

This is kind of short notice, but we have made a quick decision to take advantage of a server upgrade deal.  Sometime within the next 48 hours, our server will be moved to from the Texas datacenter to a newer server in the Atlanta, GA datacenter.  I'm not sure of all the details, but it sounds like the process they're using will necessitate some server down-time for several minutes.  They cannot provide a more accurate time window other than saying "within the next 48 hours".

From our server people:  "Your server upgrade will include a move to our latest network hardware and underlying operating system. To do so will require a brief interruption of services for several minutes while we transition your server to the new platform. During this same process we will be shifting all your services from the Dallas, Texas facility to the Atlanta, GA facility.  We do apologize that we are unable to schedule specific dates and times for this service window, however, we have taken every step possible to reduce the impact. Our staff will be monitoring the progress of the transfer to ensure all services return to full working order after the service window."

Sorry for the short notice, but we had to make a quick decision to take advantage of a good deal.  I don't have a lot of the details on exactly how they're accomplishing this move at this time.  From what I understand, we'll be getting a bit faster processors, SSD drives, about the same in drive space & RAM, an OS upgrade and the server will be housed in a more up-to-date datacenter with better network equipment.

I will be performing a full server backup as soon as this announcement is posted, including ApneaBoard.com, our forums, the Wiki, SleepFiles.com, Apneaboard.net & the Mantis install used for OSCAR.  I'm sorry I won't have a lot of time to answer questions at this time.

Thanks
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: HEADS-UP: SERVER MOVE - site will DOWN for several minutes
The server was successfully transferred to the new datacenter in Atlanta, Georgia (USA).

All seems good and we should now have better forum responsiveness

Just checked uptime and we've been on the new server for a bit less than 2 hours now.

If anyone notices any weird stuff going on, please post.

Thanks!

Thumbs-up-2
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Mod Note] Note To OSCAR Beta Testers Crimson Nape 0 205 02-07-2024, 01:06 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Money [Diagnosis] Severe Sleep Apnea - Titration Test Completed Apnea45 42 2,859 12-09-2023, 04:27 PM
Last Post: Apnea45
  How to move OSCAR data to another computer Alun 2 1,012 07-09-2023, 12:17 AM
Last Post: Alun
  Purchased Machine Online - Dr. wants access to ResMed data via server xhwmikey 2 819 12-20-2021, 06:40 PM
Last Post: xhwmikey
  Advice on move to Full Face Mask Alan Speed 13 1,855 09-30-2021, 06:55 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  I just completed my first week of using a machine. What does this data tell you? Max Maker 34 3,031 06-14-2021, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  DELETING old Private Messages prior to Jan 1, 2019 [completed] SuperSleeper 2 1,060 10-13-2020, 12:59 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.