Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR Release v1.1.0 [older version]
RE: OSCAR Release v1.1.0
So, you are trying to compile a 1.1.1 alpha ?
--> with git clone or git pull from pholy git master branch.

Sorry but the purpose is to make the same thing as you did.
From France. English spoken. Equipped since end of 2009. ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset since November 2023.
Linux user since 2009 --> current main distribution : Xubuntu 22.04 (laptop)
LUG (named ALDIL) Member since 2015. certifications : ITIL© and ISTQB©

The latter; "git pull from pholy git master branch."
Caveats: I'm just a patient, with no medical training.
(04-30-2020, 04:45 AM)slowriter Wrote: Not sure where to put this, but getting this error building from git, on linux.

Code:
oscar/main.cpp:201:122: error: enum constant in boolean context [-Werror=int-in-bool-context]
 201 |                        "\n\n"+QObject::tr("You cannot use this folder:")+" " + datadir ), QMessageBox::Ok) {
     |                                                                                           ~~~~~~~~~~~~~^~

cc1plus: all warnings being treated as errors

This isn't a boolean test. It's a change in the Qt API that's triggering errors. The arguments at the end of QMessageBox used to be enums indicating which buttons to present or possibly the default button.

We haven't changed this code in a while.

Problems like this are a large part of the reason we're not officially building with Qt 5.13 right now. Frankly, I stilll think we should abandon the goal of trying to use whatever version of Qt that's part of whatever version of Linux someone happens to be running, and ship the 5.12 libraries with our package. If an official distro maintainer wants to add OSCAR to their repo and use their repo's version of Qt, they can deal with the versioning hell themselves.

Unless someone wants to pick up the mantle of Qt compatibility czar and merge well-tested changes that are compatible from 5.9 up through 5.14 (and soon 5.15)...
I have merged a fix to this problem in main.cpp. See if you can download and compile this version ok.

The statement throwing the error was nonsensical.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
(04-30-2020, 10:34 AM)sawinglogz Wrote: We haven't changed this code in a while.

I started matching up the parentheses and brackets, looked at what the 'if' statement was doing, and finally had a WTF! moment.  Huhsign

The QMessageBox::ok was in the context of the if clause, not a parameter to QMessageBox::Warning.  So the warning was correct about it being a boolean problem.

Even old code can have errors.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
I have the same issue : it seems that QMessageBox::Ok is not present in the new QT version.
I search a work around by installing a packet.
From France. English spoken. Equipped since end of 2009. ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset since November 2023.

(04-30-2020, 10:47 AM)GuyScharf Wrote: I have merged a fix to this problem in main.cpp.  See if you can download and compile this version ok.

Yes, that fixed it; thanks!

On the larger library version support issue, just putting this out there for the wider linux OSCAR world; this is not a critique.

There are two reasons I started building from master:
  1. to test out new features (like the new dreem loader)
  2. to have OSCAR installed and working on my system
On 2, Fedora and related RPM-based distros have no up-to-date package available for OSCAR, even on copr. There's this, but it's months out of date, with no repo for fedora 32 (which, to be fair, was just released this week).

In the absence of that, 1 has worked well for me; it's only broken I think twice in the past few months, and then is promptly fixed.

But I''m not sure what I'd do if I could neither easily build or have access to a package.

So for any enterprising person with package management experience and a need, this would be a welcome addition. 

I've previously wondered if the opensuse OBS system might make it easier to support packages for multiple systems?
I have proposed a mkRedHat.sh. Philip will check it and maybe use it to put a rpm package.
I've tested my version (which must be consider as a draft and not a official one ) with fedora 31 : it works.

(04-30-2020, 09:16 AM)slowriter Wrote:
(04-30-2020, 09:09 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Slowriter - There have been posts regarding Qt 5.13 having compile problems with the code.  The OSCAR team has elected to use LTS versions and are currently using Qt 5.12.8.   I hope this may solve your problem.

I doubt it's straightforward for me to go back to an earlier compiler (I just use the defaults in my package manager), but will check.

Update on this.

I was optimistic I could use dnf downgrade to roll back to 5.12.5, but I guess since I'm on a new release, no dice:

Code:
Package qt5-devel of lowest version already installed, cannot downgrade it.
Sounds like we've resolved this particular issue, so we can defer the Qt version issue for another day...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 91 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  The OSCAR 1.5.1 does not see the notes recorded in the earlier version. G. Szabo 2 206 02-26-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  New software version doesn't view properly, wide screen mode? piratekitty 3 367 02-10-2024, 08:38 PM
  OSCAR old version Apnearod 17 2,183 02-06-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: untoutseul05
Thumbsup ResScan 7.0 now available! [old version] SuperSleeper 54 17,628 12-30-2023, 07:44 PM
Last Post: jocemar
Sad Graphics bug in 1.5.1 Deb 12 version Gooserider 2 500 12-26-2023, 09:08 PM
  Are older versions of OSCAR available to download? leonking 0 299 11-23-2023, 03:01 PM
Last Post: leonking

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.