Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

adjust settings on new machines
adjust settings on new machines
Does anyone know if the user can change the clinician settings on the new Dreamstation 2 or AirSense 11 as we can on the old machines? 

-gawnfishin

for years now people have been telling me to wear a mask and stay home.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: adjust settings on new machines
Great question.

Personally, my assumption would be "yes". However I have no idea and would be lying to you if I said I did know.

I would guess that there will be some secret way to enter the clinician menu system unless they lock it up, say by username and password via Bluetooth access only. But I highly doubt that would be the case. I don't think the average user is interested in fiddling around with clinician settings and I wouldn't think they care that much about the few of us that do.

I am anxiously waiting for an absolute answer to your question too.

Cheers. Coffee
RayBee

~ Self-Treatment - via ApneaBoard experts.
~ Self-Pay - no help from Kaiser other than getting my script, then a pat on the butt and out the door.
~ Self-Educated - via ApneaBoard experts, its many users, and posted reference material.
~ Complex Apnea - All Night AHI=34.2/h, Supine AHI=45.5/h
~ Using a 2021 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max, 32 GB, 1 TB, macOS Monterey V12.6.2.
~ Pay no attention to the dog behind the cup, he ain't a docta, and does not give medical advise.
~ Woof, woof.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't have your exact machine, but I believe most reasonably recent ResMed machines are similar in how you get to the clinician menu.

Simultaneously press and hold two things: home button at the bottom of the machine and the big dial. After a few seconds, the clinician settings should come up.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-19-2021, 11:04 PM)clownbell Wrote: I don't have your exact machine, but I believe most reasonably recent ResMed machines are similar in how you get to the clinician menu.

Simultaneously press and hold two things: home button at the bottom of the machine and the big dial. After a few seconds, the clinician settings should come up.

I don't think the 11 Series has been released yet, and photos are in concept only. There are no dial or home buttons as I believe they are moving toward a touch screen for operational controls. I think this is all just speculation at this point. But it probably will be easy otherwise you'll have bunch of upset and excited clinicians to train.
RayBee

~ Self-Treatment - via ApneaBoard experts.
~ Self-Pay - no help from Kaiser other than getting my script, then a pat on the butt and out the door.
~ Self-Educated - via ApneaBoard experts, its many users, and posted reference material.
~ Complex Apnea - All Night AHI=34.2/h, Supine AHI=45.5/h
~ Using a 2021 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max, 32 GB, 1 TB, macOS Monterey V12.6.2.
~ Pay no attention to the dog behind the cup, he ain't a docta, and does not give medical advise.
~ Woof, woof.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  csa machines cexer 1 76 03-20-2024, 01:43 PM
Last Post: cexer
  Returning defective machines to Philips Respironics big_dave 5 673 02-04-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: big_dave
  Please help me adjust settings from OSCAR to CPAP deirdrepen 2 292 01-14-2024, 11:18 AM
Last Post: deirdrepen
  Central vs. OA Events: Switching Machines or Tweaking Current CPAP Settings? fjones416 4 498 12-14-2023, 12:28 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Difference in Machines SufiMindtricks 8 596 11-26-2023, 11:59 AM
Last Post: HappySailor
  VAUTO Settings vs. CPAP Settings MrIvanDrago 9 829 11-18-2023, 10:29 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  SoClean & other CPAP cleaning machines britincanada 505 83,147 11-12-2023, 12:35 PM
Last Post: Sleepster

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.