Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR Report on Resperation Levels
OSCAR Report on Resperation Levels
My respiration levels don't usually vary much from 14 to 16 breaths per minute. Recently they have soared to 30 to 60--very irregular up and down levels.  I have noticed I feel an almost pulsing feeling from my Airsense 10 and my pressure for the night is higher than usual.   Have a call in to my cardiologist but haven't heard back yet.  Where do I look for answers?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR Report on Resperation Levels
While you're waiting for your Cardiologist to call back, please post a screenshot of the night in question.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Will post as soon as I have the time to read the directions on how to organize chart and do it. Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to link to non apnea products. kardiamobile is inexpensive and very very accurate.
Post Reply Post Reply
Didn't figure out how to post a screenshot here but had an Ah Ha moment when thinking about why suddenly the respiration rate went up.  What changed?  remembered I had changed the filter about that time to an AB one--I ran out of the regular ones and used one of my husband's stock--the VA gives them to him 50 at a time.  I did go into the menu and change the AB from off to on at that time.  Put in a regular filter a few days ago, changed the menu back to off and I'm back to my regular respiration rate.   Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
Glad it cleared up simple.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The AB filter refers to a filter that fits on the hose and is circular vs the rectangle I think you are talking about.
Post Reply Post Reply
Exclaimation 
SideSleeper - Since you are using an AS10, here is an image of an AB filter on it.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=34772]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
What I was using was the regular rectangle-sized one like the standard filters. The package says S9/A10 Hypo. They appear to be a different texture than the regular ones.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sounds like an off brand filter that is too restrictive.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  flow limitations acceptable levels yankees123 27 1,603 03-23-2024, 02:41 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Oxygen levels below 90% for 7% of night and below 94% for 34% inspite of Bipap bhavintu79 14 674 03-08-2024, 05:06 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Abnormal report - me or machine Anthony2L 1 170 02-29-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 206 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  excessive snore on report jentlesoal 0 175 02-06-2024, 04:56 PM
Last Post: jentlesoal
  Low O2 Levels During Sleep with Low AHI cmpman1974 60 5,086 01-01-2024, 09:24 PM
Last Post: cmpman1974
  [Treatment] Low AHI but dizziness and fatigue with spikes of low O2 levels John94 8 1,107 01-01-2024, 11:01 AM
Last Post: PamVT41

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.