Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR-Selecting a File
Question 
OSCAR-Selecting a File
I am working on a newer Chromebook and have successfully downloaded Linux and subsequently OSCAR. When it comes to downloading a given file from my Dreamstation SD card, however, I am at a loss. Would appreciate the precise steps in doing so, namely selecting which file from that on the SD card? Open that file? Open OSCAR before or after doing so? Then selecting the SD card icon for download? Thus far, precise instructions on the Chromebook download instructions for this step are lackingDont-know Many thanks prospectively.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR-Selecting a File
Hi Madqdog! Welcome

You select the SD card, not any particular file.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Many thanks. Therefore simply open the USB drive and select the card on the OSCAR icon?
Post Reply Post Reply
Before OSCAR can access the SD card, you must open the Chromebook file manager, then select the card and tick off 'Share with Linux'. That only needs to be done once, as long as you use the same SD card. Then you can open OSCAR and it should find your SD card, if I recall correctly. Once it has found your SD card, OSCAR will remember that drive and disk label. (It's been a while since I first used my Chromebook with OSCAR)
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
MANY thanks. This was exactly the detail I needed!
Post Reply Post Reply
Pholnyk's help was greatly appreciated. On my Chromebook (OS 89) one simply transfers the file to Linux and the download proceeds automatically. That file on the SD card is labeled P-SERIES and was downloaded to OSCAR 04/17. HOWEVER, when I attempted to download again today (04/27_ from the card now in Linux labeled P-SERIES (1), OSCAR does not download; namely, I can still find data only up to  04/17.

So what should I do? Eliminate the old record and start from scratch. Any detailed advice would be most appreciated.  Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
It sounds like you used the file manager again with the same SD card, and told it to share with Linux again, so Linux created a new filename with the (1) added.

It's not necessary to share with Linux each time you insert the same SD card.

Just insert the SD card, ignore the message to use the file manager, and open OSCAR. It should find your card as soon as you click import.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I loaded OSCAR under Linux on a Chromebook. I created a profile. I shared the drive with Linux. When I enter the file path in the Import SD menu after it puts up its 20 second wait bar, OSCAR does nothing.The path is /mnt/chromeos/removable/USBDRIVE and it shows up in the Linux directory. What am I missing? The dir command in the Linux terminal finds the drive. I want to have my OSCAR charts on the Chromebook for my next medical appointment.
Post Reply Post Reply
What version of Chromebook are you using? The beta Linux in earlier versions used a weird filesystem type. Naturally, on mine - which was working - it stashed the import location, so it still finds it.

I'll look into this before the next beta release.

In the meanwhile, if you hit the select button, you will get a file selection window so you can find the SD card manually.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am running Chrome version 93.0.4577.85 (Official Build)(64-bit).  The Chromebook is a 2021 Dell 3100 with an Intel Celeron.
Uname returns Linux 5.4.131-16049-gc688e114d34e x86_64.
When I start OSCAR and wait the 20 seconds after selecting Import SD Card the following happens:
When I enter the file path in the Location field I get a message “The folder could not be created     Error creating directory /mnt/chromeos/removable/USBDRIVE. Permission denied”
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Where Oscar put the data file? Rosacer24 0 60 03-22-2024, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Rosacer24
  python file converter for EMAY sleep pulse oximeter joeblough 1 613 03-04-2024, 10:26 PM
Last Post: ElectricalPaul
  SpO2 Assistant Data File Conversion WSHenry 3 3,085 01-11-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: BiggerDog
  AirSense 11 Data download csv file vs. card tkblizard 3 494 12-29-2023, 04:33 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Exporting Oscar File kevinmallard 2 478 12-19-2023, 05:18 PM
Last Post: kevinmallard
  Oscar file management on two computers nightgagger 2 531 12-18-2023, 10:10 AM
Last Post: nightgagger
  sample ChoiceMMed MD300W1 dat file joeblough 1 387 12-02-2023, 11:15 PM
Last Post: joeblough

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.