Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Getting O2 Insight Pro files to OSCAR?
RE: Getting O2 Insight Pro files to OSCAR?
The thumb sensor is replaceable for about $29 on Amazon, and I've only had to replace them a couple times out of several devices. The main thing is that they stretch out. So I wear it on the smallest "outer" finger that it's comfortable on (pinkie, index, or thumb, they say not to use it on the middle fingers; I have and it reads alright but I think they worry about clenched hands).

If you don't wake to the alerts, you can make them stronger or turn them off, but what I've found is that if I want to use the alert, I have to find the oxygen level and strength at which it will still be able to wake me up. For me that was 87% without CPAP, I haven't been needing it lately with PAP. If I put it at 86%, it would take a lot of buzzing on "strong" (I don't like Very strong) to wake me up. At 88-89% I was getting woken up too often.

The issue with using the alerts regularly to manage oxygen levels at night is that it will change your sleep architecture. Sometimes this is worth it (I feel worse without good oxygen than without enough REM sleep), but it is not ideal long term.

Lisa
Post Reply Post Reply
One more thing. I've found the ring doesn't have to be "vertical" on my finger. Sideways is often more comfortable.

Do different fingers, hands, positions make a difference? In my experience, a little but mostly at startup. I've worn two devices at a time before, on different hands, and they were consistent with slight variances that I imagine depended on sleeping on that arm or something, but if you looked at the curve, it was almost identical.

When I compare to a standard fingertip pulseox, the first minute or two is often off but then they settle into similar numbers, sometimes at slightly different paces due to algorithms used. (Fingertip I believe averages the data more).
Post Reply Post Reply
I will play around with the intensity of the buzzing.  It’s currently set on the highest but it doesn’t wake me when I’m sleeping.  And it’s a bit jarring when I’m drifting to sleep or waking up in the morning.  

Also I found the replacement sensor you mentioned.  That’s a much better price than is listed on the website.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-04-2024, 01:14 PM)TechieHippie Wrote: The thumb sensor is replaceable for about $29 on Amazon, and I've only had to replace them a couple times out of several devices. The main thing is that they stretch out. So I wear it on the smallest "outer" finger that it's comfortable on (pinkie, index, or thumb, they say not to use it on the middle fingers; I have and it reads alright but I think they worry about clenched hands).

If you don't wake to the alerts, you can make them stronger or turn them off, but what I've found is that if I want to use the alert, I have to find the oxygen level and strength at which it will still be able to wake me up. For me that was 87% without CPAP, I haven't been needing it lately with PAP. If I put it at 86%, it would take a lot of buzzing on "strong" (I don't like Very strong) to wake me up. At 88-89% I was getting woken up too often.

The issue with using the alerts regularly to manage oxygen levels at night is that it will change your sleep architecture. Sometimes this is worth it (I feel worse without good oxygen than without enough REM sleep), but it is not ideal long term.

Lisa

Wow. Thanks for the info on replacing the thumb sensor. Glad that I don't need to buy a whole new one once my wears out. And yes, its important that it forms a "good seal" on your finger otherwise the data is less accurate since it's basically a infrared light using the doppler effect. Pretty neat stuff! Made one in undergrad for a course one time.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi All,

I am having issues with this.
I dont get my CPAP machine until tomorrow, but have beem measuring my SPO2 data overnight for a few weeks.
Obviously I have no CPAP data in OSCAR, can I still downlosg SPO2 data down from O2 Insight Pro?

Regards

Chris
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi soupdragon73 ! - Welcome
The answer to your question is, "Yes".
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes. Download Oscar, create a profile, and then "Data: Import Viatom/Wellue Data."
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-14-2024, 12:58 PM)TechieHippie Wrote: Yes. Download Oscar, create a profile, and then "Data: Import Viatom/Wellue Data."

Thanks,

In insight pro, how do I download the file to my pc. Is it as a csv as that is the only option I can find?

Regards

Chris
Post Reply Post Reply
Insight Pro is a PC application. ViHealth is the iOS and Android equivalent. The file to import into OSCAR is a binary file, not a CSV. Please read the following.
https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph...ile_Import
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  any example files for OSCAR CSV import enigmatic 13 829 9 hours ago
Last Post: tossinandturnin
  Oscar 1.5.2 freezes at Backing up Files Win11 warreparre 1 99 04-01-2024, 04:48 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Data Files in an upgrade AlanR 2 123 03-10-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: AlanR
  OSCAR Doesn't Recognize Data Files Heaviside 1 252 02-17-2024, 05:03 PM
Last Post: Heaviside
  Data Import hangs midway thru catalogueing EDF files dataq1 4 308 01-14-2024, 02:53 PM
Last Post: dataq1
  Request Copy of Resmed Airsense 10 SDCard core files gedm 6 528 12-14-2023, 07:04 PM
Last Post: gedm
  How to get raw watchpat data from .dat files? lisaistired 5 683 11-23-2023, 06:04 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.