Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR Statistics Page
Question 
OSCAR Statistics Page
It has been mentioned that the UI for OSCAR is to be overhauled soon.  I have a few issues regarding the Statistics page:

(1) As I am running an A10 Autoset for Her, I am very interested in Flow Limits.    Is it possible to add lines giving the running statistics for Flow Limits?  Average, 95%, Max?  I realize this is not available for other makes of machines, but it would surely be useful for Resmed users.

(2) The 95% Pressure values for the Last 6 months and Last Year are both reported as zero.  No other pressure stats are reporting zero in these 2 columns even tho I have only been using the unit since May 1 2020, a little over 4 months.

(3) I have run trials of all 3 Autoset modes.  However, I can not find any difference in the OSCAR display between Autoset/Standard mode and Autoset/Soft mode.  Both here and on the Daily page, the Mode is reported as APAP.  When in Auto for Her, that mode is reported as "Auto for her".  Of course, I don't know if Standard/Soft modes are even included in the data.  Does anyone know?

I am running OSCAR 1.1.1 on Linux Mint 19.3.

Thanks,
A.Becker
PAPing in NE Ohio, with a pack of Cairn terriers
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR Statistics Page
FYI, you should be looking at v 1.2.0-Beta1 Any issues there? The above?
If you have example of modes that are not showing cah you provide screenshots and an SD file zipped so we can see it (or not) in the data.

Fred's DropBox Receive SD Cards
https://www.dropbox.com/request/6VeFzBXa4qZ37EgphL5b
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-07-2020, 11:05 AM)becker44a Wrote: I have a few issues regarding the Statistics page:

(1) As I am running an A10 Autoset for Her, I am very interested in Flow Limits.    Is it possible to add lines giving the running statistics for Flow Limits?  Average, 95%, Max?  I realize this is not available for other makes of machines, but it would surely be useful for Resmed users.

(2) The 95% Pressure values for the Last 6 months and Last Year are both reported as zero.  No other pressure stats are reporting zero in these 2 columns even tho I have only been using the unit since May 1 2020, a little over 4 months.

(3) I have run trials of all 3 Autoset modes.  However, I can not find any difference in the OSCAR display between Autoset/Standard mode and Autoset/Soft mode.  Both here and on the Daily page, the Mode is reported as APAP.  When in Auto for Her, that mode is reported as "Auto for her".  Of course, I don't know if Standard/Soft modes are even included in the data.  Does anyone know?

1) I'll note this as a suggestion.

2) That's odd.  I have a profile that's been in use only one month and I see pressure readings for 6 months and 1 year, using OSCAR 1.0.1, 1.1.1, or 1.2.0-beta-1.  If you could make a zip of your SD card and upload it to Bonjour's dropbox, I will see if I can reproduce the problem.

3) ResMed does not record the Response setting (Standard/Soft) so there's no way to show that.  (I would have liked to have seen that too.)
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Item 2 - the zeros in the 95% Pressure is probably due to some summary days in the early months... I've seen this in my own data - if I switch to a monthly display, I see some months with zero, and if I look at the overview charts for the same period, I can spot the summary days. I haven't worked very hard at finding the problem - I think it's a problem of how to include summary days in the statistical calculation. I'm afraid statistics isn't my strong suit, so I don't know how to solve that.

Item 3 - I believe the Signal 17 in the STR.edf is S.Comfort records the response setting; that needs to be verified and added to the setting database and the settings display.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
2. Summary-only days are one possibility.  If so, that's an ugly problem.  I wanted to see the SD card to determine what the issue was and, then, how we might address it.

3. I had checked once and hadn't found a clear indicator for the Response value. I just checked again by running an AutoSet for a few minutes with Standard Response, and indeed you are correct.  A value of 0 seems to mean Standard response, 1 means Soft response, and -1 means no data for the day.
Useful links

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Fred,
I am reporting (incl screenshots) from my production setup using OSCAR 1.1.1.  I'm still bringing up a VM so I can install the 1.2.0 beta and test it isolated.  I am uploading my SD card image that includes the 1st 3 months data (May thru July).  The days & Modes are as follows:
May/all  -  Autoset Standard
June/1-15  -  Autoset Soft
June/17-30 - Autoset For Her
July/all  -  Autoset Soft
I have uploaded both in .zip and .tar.gz just in case:  the source data is identical. 

The 1st screenshot is Autoset/Standard mode. Note that in the left panel, the Mode is reported as APAP in 2 places.

The 2nd screenshot is Autoset/Soft mode.  Note that there is no change to the Mode reported.

The 3rd screenshot is Autoset For Her mode.  In this case the reported mode is accurate.

I'll post the Stats page screenshot in the next post.
A.Becker
Post Reply Post Reply
CPAP/AutoSet/AutoSet for Her are the three "modes" available in an AutoSet for Her and are reported.

"Standard" vs "Soft" is a "Response" setting and is not part of the mode and is not currently reported. We might think of it as a "mode," but ResMed does not encode that in the mode setting itself, rather in a separate "comfort" setting. This separate setting will have to be extracted from the data file and reported. As a "setting," it would probably be reported in the "Machine Settings" panel on the Daily page. Showing the Response setting is already in our Issues list and I have added a pointer to this thread for anyone interested in the issue.
Useful links

Post Reply Post Reply
Continuing with my previous post . . .

The last screenshot is the statistics page. 

There are 2 issues here:  
In the "Changes to Machine Settings" section, note that the 1st and last lines both report only "APAP" as the Mode.  Also, as it doesn't see the Soft mode as a change, there are not lines to represent those Mode changes.

In the "Pressure Statistics" section
The 95% pressure is reported as zero in the last 2 columns, although no other stats appear this way.
A.Becker
Post Reply Post Reply
Beckers SD card is available.
Post Reply Post Reply
How about showing the Overview page, selecting Everything, and showing the pressure graph. That may tell us something.

On your machine, the three modes you can set from the front panel are "CPAP", "AutoSet", and "AutoSet for Her". Looks like you used the Autoset for Her mode for a couple weeks, then went back to the AutoSet mode, which is reported as "APAP' rather than spelling out "AutoSet" since that appears in the previous column.

The Response setting is not part of the "mode" as reported by the machine and is not extracted by OSCAR at this time.
Useful links

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Intellipap web page Thanassis 2 280 02-25-2024, 11:03 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Mask Brand and Type on Oscar summary page douglaskeene 2 285 02-11-2024, 06:37 PM
Last Post: douglaskeene
Question Statistics page, changes to device settings area, FL always shows 0.00? DancesWithCats 1 281 01-19-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Problems displaying graphs on Daily page SueB 4 563 11-14-2023, 08:05 PM
Last Post: SueB
  OSCAR Statistics Page SingingWolf 4 584 11-04-2023, 02:26 PM
Last Post: SingingWolf
Question Change Statistics view default to Monthly instead of Standard? retro 4 562 10-06-2023, 07:45 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR Profile page recent change GordK 3 546 09-05-2023, 05:01 PM
Last Post: GordK

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.