Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR Testing Release planned in August 2019
OSCAR Testing Release planned in August 2019
DreamStation BiPAP autoSV (900X)
DreamStation BiPAP S/T and AVAPS ventilators (1030X and 1130X) are now supported. The settings aren't yet displayed correctly, but therapy events and graphs should now display properly
Improve oximeter import for CM550D+

If these devices are yours, and you would like to join our Beta team and test, Please PM me (Bonjour) and request to be a Beta Tester.

Looking at about 2 weeks  This will let you protect your current data by placing all data in a "testing" folder separate from the production release version.
You will be able to run both versions and tell us what is broken and what is fixed.

A lot has been beyond what you can see, OSCAR is more maintainable.  Advanced PR devices are now working. Graphics engines now load correctly (you shouldn't need a script to correct graphic engine choice).

NOTE:  THIS VERSION HAS NOT BEEN FORMALLY TESTED!!!!!  if this makes you uncomfortable don't use it.

I recommend this version to our testers but not for public release (so I would not put it on the public OSCAR download page). We should also make it available to people with special problems such as the recent problem with screen capture on the Mac. We should recommend that people use either a copy of their OSCAR_Data directory or use a new directory entirely as this version may update some tables and caches that are not backwards compatible. And it is a test version and all of the caveats about "it may damage your data" apply. On first use, OSCAR may need to update some caches. This can take a long time if you have many years of data. If OSCAR seems to hang, check Windows Task Manager (or equivalent on other platforms) and see if OSCAR is still using CPU and doing I/O activity. If it is, just wait it out until it gets done. (An issue on our list is to add progress bars for these situations.) For any new commits, we should be aggressive about updating the build number with each commit so that we, as well as users, can easily distinguish builds. The commit id is visible at any time by selecting Help/System Information.

Release notes for Changes and fixes in OSCAR v1.1.0-testing-3 say:

[new] DreamStation BiPAP S/T and AVAPS ventilators (1030X and 1130X) are now supported. The settings aren't yet displayed correctly, but therapy events and graphs should now display properly.
[new] View/Reset Graphs organizes graphs in their original order
[fix] Format dates for the national region as reported by the operating system
[fix] Improve progress bar for statistics cache update
[fix] Correct calculations of seven-day AHI and leak rate on Welcome page
[fix] Clarify AHI and hours labels on Records tab of right sidebar
[fix] Correct import error resulting in invalid elapsed times and impossibly high AHI values 

Release notes for Changes and fixes in OSCAR v1.1.0-testing-2 say:
[new] Show progress bar when Statistics page has to refresh cache with more than 180 days in it
[new] Romanian language is supported
[fix] Show commit id in title bar for testing and beta builds
[fix] Show BMI label and calculated value only when both weight and height are non-zero
[fix] Improve BMI display in Daily/Notes
[fix] Correct profile dialog to show height is measured in cm, not meters, when units system is metric
[fix] Always show event indices on Daily page even when some event flags are turned off

Release notes for Changes and fixes in OSCAR v1.1.0-testing-1 say:
[new] Offer migration if non-default directory is selected on first use
[new] Press SHIFT key when starting OSCAR to use Software Graphics Engine
[new] Support for DreamStation BiPAP autoSV (900X) should now be complete
[new] Improved Dreamstation support
[new] Improve oximeter import for CM550D+
[new] Disable Dark Mode on Mac
[new] Show hours/day constituting compliance on Statistics page
[new] Better order of graphs on Daily page for newly created profiles
[new] Help/System Information shows info about OSCAR, OS, and data location
[new] Move pie chart option from Preferences dialog to View menu
[new] Hide pie chart when capturing screen
[new] --datadir option now allows fully qualified name on Windows
[fix] Fix some oximeter import issues
[fix] Use local time rather than UTC time in oximeter import
[fix] Improve screen capture on Mac
[fix] Fix crashes in CPAP data rebuild, purging of a machine
[fix] Prevent crash if taking screen shot before profile is opened
[fix] Increase mask vent ranges
[fix] Correct session bar if no sessions are present
[fix] Correct months shown on Statistics page monthly view
[fix] Compute compliance on Statistics page based on total days not days used
[fix] Paginate statistics report when printing
[fix] Fix "phantom date" (12/31/1969) on some ResMed imports
[fix] Default font substituted when a specified font is not valid
[fix] Change Preferences measurement units choice to Metric or English
[fix] Improve display of cmH2O numbers
[fix] Show graphics engine in title bar correctly
[fix] Adjust size of Preferences dialog to fit smaller screens
[fix] Label climate control as manual or auto correctly on ResMed import
[fix] Move less useful information from titlebar to Help/System Information
[fix] Change "Prescription Settings" to "Machine Settings" message
[fix] Improve icons, especially smaller ones
[fix] Correct Mac menu issues
[fix] Improve messages in debug pane
[fix] Re-organize build instructions and other cleanup
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR Testing Release planned in August 2019
Forty-nine separate fixes and new features - that is a very solid record of achievement by the Oscar team. They are working quietly in the background to bring us a greatly improved tool to help manage our apnea. Sincere gratitude to them all!
Post Reply Post Reply
Amen to that! I don’t know where I’d be without this software. Probably off CPAP....
Post Reply Post Reply
Congrats to the entire OSCAR team.  

They give a lot of their time, and work tirelessly behind the scenes to improve and make this great software package available to all.  

Thanks for all the dedication and hard work involved.  It is appreciated!  Smile
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am still using SH--have been slow to download OSCAR.  I think I will now wait for the updated version--is this reasonable for a computer dummy?
Post Reply Post Reply
Bumping this thread back to the top of the forum for those who would like to help in OSCAR testing.

Bump2
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm using OSCAR but I see a difficiency in Oximeter support and file import capability.

The software seems to be mising one really prevailant Oximeter with open API. This being the Berrymed BM2000B wrist pulse oximeter (picture attached).

I use this oximeter and have been using it with the Android software to record oximetry during sleep and export via sharing CSV files. I have also used this with Sleep As Android to record sleep phases and sleep activity via Bluetooth and it works very well.

This oximeter is very capable and should immediately be considered for support in OSCAR.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Ohmy Very Poor Quality of OSA Research and Almost Non-existent Specific CPAP Testing mdmarmd 1 131 04-13-2024, 01:06 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  My Husband's August Therapy Deborah K. 2 431 08-26-2023, 02:04 AM
Last Post: jwest
  timing for release of bleep eclipse? yankees123 1 907 11-24-2022, 12:07 PM
Last Post: yankees123
  Renting / Testing Out CPAP Machine? sowo123 4 662 10-15-2022, 12:43 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
Question The form associated with sleep apena testing dlnewhouse 1 457 08-31-2022, 01:04 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356
  [Diagnosis] Sleep Testing - Skewed Results? Doogmeister 9 1,298 06-14-2022, 06:44 PM
Last Post: Doogmeister
  Adjusting machine sensitivity to release air in response to a weaker inhale? Gugliano 4 908 05-05-2022, 12:09 PM
Last Post: Gugliano

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.