Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR Welcome and Statistics page not matching
RE: OSCAR Welcome and Statistics page not matching
Guy-  Thank you. 

You've been very helpful in understanding the information that OSCAR is providing.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-14-2021, 06:15 PM)macbob Wrote: Also, looking at the daily statistics chart and graphs for 5 Feb, there seems to be other issues:

My flow limit in the chart on the left says Max of 0.17, but in the graphs I have at least one that was 0.61

My Snore stats say Max of 0.00, but I had 3 snore episodes in the graphs, with two of the 3 going above the 0.4 scale.  One registered 0.72, with the highest one recorded at 3.24.

For the Respiratory rate, the stats chart says Max of 20.4, but when I hover over them in the graph, the highest one reads 24.0

For Tidal Vol the stats chart says max of 800, but the graph shows a max of 998.06

For Inspiration time, it says max of 3.24 but hovering over the graph it shows a max of 6.52

Exp time says max of 3.22 but the graph shows the highest was 3.82

Minute Vent says max of 10.88, but the graph shows the highest was 12.36

Thanks for sending me the zip of your SD card.

All of the above discrepancies are a result of the "max" calculation actually being a 99.5% percentile calculation. We calculate it that way to match how ResMed calculates it so that OSCAR results agree with ResMed results.

fyi, you missed the actual maximums on tidal volume and minute vent.

I'll look into the leak calculation on the Welcome page next. That is the "unpleasant" problem I mentioned. I'll explain it when I figure out what to do about it.

Here's what the Statistics block looks like for Feb 5 with a true maximum calculation (and, no, you cannot reproduce this as I had to modify the code temporarily to make this happen):

[Image: attachment.php?aid=30099]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Regarding the leak rate message on the Welcome page, I am pretty sure this problem is fixed for the next version of OSCAR. It wasn't until I looked at the change log that I remembered that I had fixed that problem about 4 months ago -- the wrong "average" function was being used on the Welcome page.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-18-2021, 03:21 PM)GuyScharf Wrote:
(02-14-2021, 06:15 PM)macbob Wrote: Also, looking at the daily statistics chart and graphs for 5 Feb, there seems to be other issues:

My flow limit in the chart on the left says Max of 0.17, but in the graphs I have at least one that was 0.61

My Snore stats say Max of 0.00, but I had 3 snore episodes in the graphs, with two of the 3 going above the 0.4 scale.  One registered 0.72, with the highest one recorded at 3.24.

For the Respiratory rate, the stats chart says Max of 20.4, but when I hover over them in the graph, the highest one reads 24.0

For Tidal Vol the stats chart says max of 800, but the graph shows a max of 998.06

For Inspiration time, it says max of 3.24 but hovering over the graph it shows a max of 6.52

Exp time says max of 3.22 but the graph shows the highest was 3.82

Minute Vent says max of 10.88, but the graph shows the highest was 12.36

Thanks for sending me the zip of your SD card.

All of the above discrepancies are a result of the "max" calculation actually being a 99.5% percentile calculation. We calculate it that way to match how ResMed calculates it so that OSCAR results agree with ResMed results.

fyi, you missed the actual maximums on tidal volume and minute vent.

I'll look into the leak calculation on the Welcome page next. That is the "unpleasant" problem I mentioned. I'll explain it when I figure out what to do about it.

Here's what the Statistics block looks like for Feb 5 with a true maximum calculation (and, no, you cannot reproduce this as I had to modify the code temporarily to make this happen):

[Image: attachment.php?aid=30099]

Wow.  Based on the previous Max vs 99% discussion, I was thinking that might be the difference.  I hope it wasn't a lot of time/effort to modify the code.  I'm impressed.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-18-2021, 07:21 PM)GuyScharf Wrote: Regarding the leak rate message on the Welcome page, I am pretty sure this problem is fixed for the next version of OSCAR. It wasn't until I looked at the change log that I remembered that I had fixed that problem about 4 months ago -- the wrong "average" function was being used on the Welcome page.

That was the one that was really hurting my head.  I wanted to thank you again for all your help.  I am amazed at what you / the team is doing with OSCAR.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Intellipap web page Thanassis 2 337 02-25-2024, 11:03 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Mask Brand and Type on Oscar summary page douglaskeene 2 326 02-11-2024, 06:37 PM
Last Post: douglaskeene
Question Statistics page, changes to device settings area, FL always shows 0.00? DancesWithCats 1 327 01-19-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Problems displaying graphs on Daily page SueB 4 594 11-14-2023, 08:05 PM
Last Post: SueB
  OSCAR Statistics Page SingingWolf 4 628 11-04-2023, 02:26 PM
Last Post: SingingWolf
Question Change Statistics view default to Monthly instead of Standard? retro 4 593 10-06-2023, 07:45 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR Profile page recent change GordK 3 589 09-05-2023, 05:01 PM
Last Post: GordK

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.