Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR Windows Portable No-Install
OSCAR Windows Portable No-Install
Is there a "Portable" on "No Install" version of OSCAR foe Windows?

SleepyHead had a No Install distribution as a ZIP file
You could unzip it, place it on a USB stick and run Sleepyhead. 
It didn't matter what drive letter Windows assigned to the USB drive

It may not have been entirely "portable" (I.e. no trace left in the Windows Registry) but it was close.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR Windows Portable No-Install
You can install OSCAR anywhere you want -- on a USB stick or whatever -- and then run OSCAR from that stick on any Windows computer. You can make copies of the USB stick if you wish. OSCAR does not care where it is located or what the drive letter is. OSCAR does use the registry to remember where the data file is located so it remembers that information on a per-computer basis.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello, sorry for digging old post. But i don't have a PC at home, and at work there is User Account Control activated, so i can't install anything.
Is there a way to get portable version of OSCAR? Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
Laptop.

Honestly I would love to see a functional OSCAR on a phone. It is a thought, but absolutely will not happen, if it does, for several years.
Post Reply Post Reply
Gideon, thanks for answer, but i didn't mean mobile version, though that would be nice.
What i meant is there a version for Windows which doesn't require installation? because i don't have administrator rights at my work pc
Post Reply Post Reply
Except for an entry in the Windows registry, all OSCAR file reside in the OSCAR directory. If you have OSCAR installed on your home computer (C:\Program Files\OSCAR), just copy the OSCAR directory onto a USB drive. Currently, the Windows version only allows for installation in the C:\Programs File section and doesn't provide an alternative location. Let me know if you need a zipped copy of the OSCAR program.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
That would be nice! Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is a zipped file of the OSCAR version 1.2.0 directory. It is the 64-bit version.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qorla9h0ck7lla...0.zip?dl=0
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Back when this was sleepyhead, I could use this BAT file to start the software from any folder, even a usb stick whose drive letters change on every computer.  This doesn't require Admin access or any special rights (I think).  (Windows only).  
Not completely portable since it writes to the user's area of the registry. I guess that you could add REG DEL lines are the end.  Oscar may have changed the registry entries.

Reg Add HKCU\Software\Jedimark\SleepyHead\Settings /f /v Language /t REG_SZ /d en_US"
Reg Add HKCU\Software\Jedimark\SleepyHead\Settings /f /v AppRoot /t REG_SZ /d "%CD%"
Start /Max bin\Sleepyhead
Post Reply Post Reply
The current registry location for OSCAR is:  
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\OSCAR_Team
 |_ OSCAR
  exspace|_ MainWindow
 a lot of extra space|_  geomatery
 ex space|_  Settings
a lot of extra space|_  AppData
a lot of extra space|_  Language

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [split] OSCAR v1.5.2 is Install Problems millerdq 1 44 Yesterday, 03:29 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  multiple windows ? zaienk 4 310 01-17-2024, 07:15 AM
Last Post: zaienk
Question Failed drive, now cannot install or uninstall Oscar jmac862 8 737 01-08-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: SGKent
  Can't install Oscar. Ficklid22 14 1,575 11-13-2023, 12:36 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR 1.5.1 Windows 10 sleeper2460 2 747 11-01-2023, 12:29 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  wifi EzShare SD Card for Windows 11 Home Greg1582378 3 832 09-23-2023, 03:47 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  How To install prisma ts software ? Amir Eid 11 8,220 05-26-2023, 02:06 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.