Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Question for AirMini users.
Question for AirMini users.
I’m past the initial learning curve with my new AirMini but still have a couple unanswered questions. 

1) I don’t understand why the masks are louder. The machine itself is quiet, its the mask that has me slightly baffled. Pun intended?
Before jumping to conclusions please understand that I’m not just comparing the AirMini P10 to a regular P10. I’ve done that but also compared the AirMini machine with the same standard P10 that I use on my home machine. I accomplished this by using the zephair adapter to convert to slimline tubing and conventional mask. 
So I’ve compared the AirMine with with the exact pressure settings as my home unit by using both the proprietary AirMini mask and a standard model. The result is always a louder mask when connected to the AirMini. 
The source of air noise seems to be coming from the mask’s vent port. 
With all this said I’m doing ok with the level of mask noise, it’s just higher than I prefer.

2) The Zepair connector. Are there any disadvantages to using this with a conventional set up? I understand you lose the certain humidification options but anything damaging? Anything that could hurt the machine, degrade, or improve my therapy? 

Thanks! 
Jimbeau
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Question for AirMini users.
Just a thought; Being totally ignorant on the AirMini, isn't the hose a small 12mm diameter? If so, this will require a much higher air velocity to achieve the same volume at a given pressure. An increased velocity, especially in a ribbed hose, will generate increased turbulence and added noise.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
That’s an excellent point about hose. Bernoulli's principle is hard to argue with! 
The only thing is I swapped to the slimline hose & mask by using the zephair adapter, which attaches directly to the AirMini. So I was actually using the same hose, and mask from my home machine but connected to the adapter instead of directly to the air mini.

Great point though and it really has me thinking. Possibly the noise is due to the narrow outlet size of the AirMini rather than the hose.

Interesting concept! 

Thanks! 
Post Reply Post Reply
Cool thing with using standard hose is you don't necessarily lose humidification. There are inline humidification devices called heat-moisture exchangers (HME) you can use with a standard hose. I've used them with the airmini as well as standard resmed autoset 10 to avoid needing water and filling the tank.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,963 358,857 04-12-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Airmini noise question sfr79 38 21,116 03-20-2024, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Blausser
  Medicare Providers for Airmini Supplies knitsafghans 4 215 03-15-2024, 11:07 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Is the AirMini worth it vs. AirSense 11 labrat 10 1,113 02-22-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Jogreentree
  Connect Medistrom Pilot 12 Plus to Airsense 11 and Airmini? ICS55 2 343 02-18-2024, 11:10 PM
Last Post: ICS55
  [CPAP] Resmed airmini noise NYKP44 0 421 02-09-2024, 01:27 PM
Last Post: NYKP44
  AirMini with Oxygen darral.freund 2 993 02-08-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: darral.freund

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.