Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR analysis
OSCAR analysis
        I started CPAP (resmed 11, dreamwear full face) three weeks ago. Now that I am used to it, MyAir scores are generally coming in at 100/100. Sleep study events were 15, now usually < 1. I know that it's early days, but I find that on most mornings, I'm every bit as tired or more tired than I was prior to beginning therapy - I "feel" like I am sleeping better though, and no more snoring per my wife. I know that it can take a while to fully acclimate but I have uploaded OSCAR data from last night for review. Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR analysis
You are using your Autoset with a minimum pressure of 5.0 and EPR at 3 which means you start off with only 1-cm of pressure relief, and don't reach a full 3-cm of pressure reduciton until your pressure reaches 7.0. As a result your pressure is changing constantly and you will probably be more comfortable if we can get you into the optimum therapy zone faster. My recommendation is to increase minimum pressure to 7.0 and maximum pressure to 11.0 to ensure you get a full 3-cm of EPR throughout your range, and resolve the maxed out pressure we see in these charts between 5:20 and 6:15. The sustained high flow limitation during that time suggests you might be using more than one pillow or experiencing some chin-tucking. Leaks are okay, but it looks like your mask is being pushed by bedding. Using the higher pressure and avoiding leaks will reduce sleep disruptions which are making you feel tired the next day.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Sleeprider! I'm guessing that I contact my doctor and ask him to make that change? As far as I can tell I have no control over that setting unless I am missing something obvious. Thanks again!
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-22-2022, 04:51 PM)bigjohnny Wrote: Thank you Sleeprider! I'm guessing that I contact my doctor and ask him to make that change? As far as I can tell I have no control over that setting unless I am missing something obvious. Thanks again!

Never mind - found the setting and updated only the min and max to 7 - 11 (from 5 - 10). We'll see how it goes!
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-22-2022, 03:54 PM)bigjohnny Wrote: I started CPAP (resmed 11, dreamwear full face) three weeks ago. Now that I am used to it, MyAir scores are generally coming in at 100/100. Sleep study events were 15, now usually < 1. I know that it's early days, but I find that on most mornings, I'm every bit as tired or more tired than I was prior to beginning therapy - I "feel" like I am sleeping better though, and no more snoring per my wife. I know that it can take a while to fully acclimate but I have uploaded OSCAR data from last night for review. Thank you.

Hi,

I am using the resmed 11. How do you get that software you are using. I am interested in it. I just see my results on the myair website but thats it. Yours is more detailed.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
bigjohnny, Apnea Board will provide you with a clinical manual for your machine on request. The link is at the top of the page https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p...tup-manual

Bedtimebob, OSCAR is linked at the top of every page. https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
bedtimebob,

That software is OSCAR and you can download it from the black ribbon at the top of this page.

You will also need an SD card for your xPAP machine. Anything from 2GB to 32GB will work. Make sure it is unlocked, and leave it in the machine while you sleep. The next day remove the card from your xPAP and upload the data into OSCAR.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-25-2022, 02:57 PM)Jeff8356 Wrote: bedtimebob,

That software is OSCAR and you can download it from the black ribbon at the top of this page.

You will also need an SD card for your xPAP machine.  Anything from 2GB to 32GB will work.  Make sure it is unlocked, and leave it in the machine while you sleep.  The next day remove the card from your xPAP and upload the data into OSCAR.

Hi Jeff, 

Thank you for the info. I will have to get a SD card and download the program. 

Bedtimebob
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Oscar Help - Analysis after 3 Weeks, Improvements! ef8mk 7 319 03-24-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: ef8mk
  New and in Need OSCAR Analysis Well Marbled 1 65 1,397 03-23-2024, 12:34 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 200 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Help with Oscar Analysis SleepyinMD 0 144 03-07-2024, 10:04 AM
Last Post: SleepyinMD
  Screenshot analysis yankees123 10 367 01-31-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: yankees123
  erqq - CPAP Analysis erqq 16 867 01-29-2024, 02:31 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Clementine39 - Therapy Analysis Clementine39 2 251 01-26-2024, 11:32 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.