Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New member - OSCAR results from first full night
New member - OSCAR results from first full night
Hello everyone! I was referred to this site as a recommendation from a friend with SA. I was just diagnosed with OSA through Lofta a few weeks ago. My AHI was 8.0. They set me up with the Resmed Airsense 10 and F20 mask. 

Been a little difficult getting used to wearing the mask through the entire night and figuring out the machine. They originally set my machine pressure to 4-20 but I changed it to 6-20 and turned off the ramp feature. 

Last night was the first night I made it a full 8 hours with the mask on. I attached my results from OSCAR. Please provide any adjustments or suggestions you think I should make. I did order the Airfit F30i mask but it hasn't come in yet. I am a side sleeper so I thought it might be a little bit more comfortable. Thanks in advance  Smile

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New member - OSCAR results from first full night
Welcome to the forum. You are off to a good start. Numbers look good. It appears you still have ram on. A higher minimum pressure may be helpful. Note that the pressure jumps to 10 or more almost immediately and stays elevated. I suggest a minimum of 9 which may sound high but isn't. It may improve your already good AHI. Your im the range where the important consideration is how you feel.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the reply! I thought I turned ram off but maybe I didn't do it right. I've seen a lot of users on this site recommending to turn it off so I'll try it again. 

Also, should I adjust the pressure range (right now it's 6-20) based off of last night's data or wait until I have more data to analyze?
Post Reply Post Reply
When you are a brand new user, you have a lot of "stuff" to get used to early on. I would give it a few nights, maybe a week, to get used to having things on your face. That said, I find the N30 MUCH more comfortable than N20. The N20 has a CO2 strong exhaust which shoots straight at your bed partner. The N30 does not exhaust the same way, much improved over N20.
Post Reply Post Reply
What the !, some would just dream of your Numbers,   to easy for you. Doing fantastic, from my view
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-10-2021, 11:46 PM)ICEMAN Wrote: What the !, some would just dream of your Numbers,   to easy for you. Doing fantastic, from my view

Thank you! Happy to hear my numbers look good!

I received the Airfit F30i mask yesterday and tried it out last night. Wow what a difference! Much more comfortable for side sleeping than the F20! I'll post some numbers after a few nights of use.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 531 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  New Member with new BiPap question Pbeth1 9 136 03-25-2024, 05:13 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 133 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached) Stephaniea0213 5 140 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 514 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  [CPAP] Please help me interpret my results baganaz 2 178 03-14-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: baganaz
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 156 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.