Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR and F&P Sleepstyle
OSCAR and F&P Sleepstyle
I'm really sorry, I have used the search facility and I've been unable to find a comprehensive answer to my two queries.

1) I have an F&P Sleepstyle. What information will Oscar be able to give me? The Sleepstyle app tells me my average leak across the night, my AHI  & hours used. Can I get more detailed information from Oscar and if so what can I get?

2) Do I run the risk of messing up what ever formatting is on my Sleepstyle SD card if I plug it into my iMac? I seem to recall reading a warning about overwriting or something somewhere but I can't find it now.

TIA
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR and F&P Sleepstyle
If there's concern of data corruption or etc., just slide the write protect to lock it before inserting it in the Mac.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
This from the OSCAR help:

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...d_machines

--Note: Fisher & Paykel does not store a "Flow Rate" signal, so no waveform graph, nor analysis is possible, (Events, Pressure, AHI, Snore, Leak Rate, and advanced charts: Resp. Rate, Tidal Volume, Minute Volume, Time at Pressure).
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Before trying to read your data card, I would suggest trying to write something to a spare SD card that your have write protected by sliding the tab on the side away from the card's contacts.

It's known that some card readers ignore that write protect tab - but I'd hope that wasn't true of a Mac's built-in card reader.

Nevertheless, I'd check before trying with irreplaceable data.

As for your first question, I'm not sure how the SleepStyle relates to the Icon line. I think it is incompatible, and OSCAR doesn't support it yet. If you would create a zip file of your SD card and upload it to the Project Manager's Dropbox ( https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dhsvrny05v5o4...UXbta?dl=0 ) perhaps we can get enough sample data to make it possible to add support for the SleepStyle machines.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I believe we have that SD card already.
It consists of a bunch of EDF files I was unable to read with edfbrowser.
Post Reply Post Reply
The built-in SD card reader on my laptop DOES obey the lock tab on the card.  Can't say if your iMac is the same, but better to test it first just in case.

If the card is unlocked when inserted into your Mac, it will write a hidden file or two onto the SD card (Usually .DS_Store and/or .fsevent, and possibly .Trashes).  It's not an issue with newer ResMeds or Phillips but I have no knowledge of your machine.  So to be safe, verify that your iMac will obey the lock tab, then lock your card whenever you insert it into your computer/card reader.
Just remember to unlock the card before you put it back into your F&K
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi
did you manage to get any data out of the SleepStyle into OSCAR?
I'm looking at upgrading from a ResMed S9 to a SleepStyle and curios about how it works.
Post Reply Post Reply
I haven't really looked at the one SleepStyle card that we have, and I don't think anyone else has either.. However, from a brief look, I believe we will be able to graph the pressure, flow rate and leak rate. If the format of the details file hasn't changed much from the Icon, we may be able to extract the settings.

It would help if we could see a SleepStyle report, as well as the SD card date for that report. Without that comparicon, we are flying pretty blind.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Software for SleepStyle Auto F&P
Dear All
Please inform wich free software opens the files from USB Pen Drive of SleepStyle Auto F&P CPAP. I have tried using OSCAR, but did not work. Thanks in advance.
Virgilio
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Software for SleepStyle Auto F&P
I have the same issue as well. The OSCAR compatibility list includes the F&P SleepStyle model but I have never been able to make it work. I take the InfoUSB stick and insert it into my PC. I click on the CPAP Importer icon and OSCAR recognizes the data on the stick and prompts to download it but when I answer Yes, nothing further happens. It is not a matter of not waiting long enough for the data to download.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  F&P SleepStyle - Clear Airway/CentralApnea LookingForACleverHandle 6 780 08-03-2023, 07:20 AM
Last Post: Beach Junky
  OSCAR does not see F&P SleepStyle 200 USB data jeffww 1 826 07-09-2023, 09:24 PM
Last Post: LookingForACleverHandle
  Fisher-Paykel SleepStyle: Event type and duration in OSCAR bill.page 7 1,414 04-05-2022, 12:11 AM
Last Post: GuyScharf
Question How to import data from F&P SleepStyle to Oscar 1.3.0 Palathius 12 2,556 03-29-2022, 08:10 PM
Last Post: Andre Carignan
  OSCAR 1.3.0 Linux amd64 with F&P SleepStyle data import issue [Solved #15] jonno6766 14 1,477 01-23-2022, 11:49 PM
Last Post: GuyScharf
  F&P SleepStyle Auto SD Card tchan28 0 1,321 03-01-2019, 11:33 PM
Last Post: tchan28
  F&P Sleepstyle and Sleepyhead software binoscope 5 4,044 05-30-2018, 04:09 AM
Last Post: Mazoir

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.