Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR and F&P Sleepstyle
RE: Software for SleepStyle Auto F&P
can you make a zip of the entire USB stick and place in my drop box. If it doesn't work we want to know why.

Fred's DropBox Receive SD Cards
https://www.dropbox.com/request/6VeFzBXa4qZ37EgphL5b

thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR and F&P Sleepstyle
(08-03-2020, 09:00 PM)pholynyk Wrote: "It would help if we could see a SleepStyle  report, as well as the SD card date for that report. Without that comparicon, we are flying pretty blind."

I'm guessing that statement implies that the SleepStyle is not supported despite being listed in the machine compatibility list. Certainly I have not been able to make it work. If I take the InfoUSB stick from the SleepStyle and plug it into my PC and click on the CPAPImporter icon, the software recognizes the data but then nothing happens when I initiate the import. I could forward the data that is on the stick if that would help in some way. The data folder on the stick is named ICON for what that's worth. I have no apparent way to obtain a human readable report as the vendor I purchased the machine from (in Toronto, Canada) greedily refuses to even discuss the idea of me reviewing my own health data.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Software for SleepStyle Auto F&P
Done!
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-26-2020, 01:07 PM)Red Eye Wrote: I'm guessing that statement implies that the SleepStyle is not supported despite being listed in the machine compatibility list

To be fair, the OSCAR Compatibility List shows them as "partially supported", not fully supported.
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I don't want to start a war of semantics but the SleepStyle model is specifically mentioned so "partially supported" should mean, at worst, that the software can read the data and provide at least one useful function related to said data. It does not. I hope it can be resolved fairly simply because the data is contained in a folder named "ICON" so perhaps the format is largely the same but the software just needs a processing tweak. I do appreciate the efforts of people developing the software though.
Post Reply Post Reply
Exactly which SleepStyle model do you have? I see "SPSAAN" in your data. Does that mean anything to you?

We have data for a Fisher & Paykel ICON Premo and an ICON Auto. OSCAR works with those machines. I took a quick look at the data you uploaded and the file naming and structure is different. I tried to force OSCAR to run beyond those problems, but it appears that the detailed data is both organized and formatted differently, which is a more difficult problem.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Digging through the various fph websites, I find that SPSAAN refers to a Canadian SleepStyle Auto.

SPSAAN - SleepStyle Auto with cellular modem, Canada
SPSAAK - SleepStyle Auto with cellular modem, United Kingdom
SPSABK - SleepStyle Auto without cellular modem, United Kingdom
SPSCAK - SleepStyle CPAP with cellular modem, United Kingdom
SPSCBK - SleepStyle CPAP without cellular modem, United Kingdom
SPSAAU - SleepStyle Auto with cellular modem, United States
SPSABU - SleepStyle Auto without cellular modem, United States
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
The attached is the only info I have from the machine itself.

Post Reply Post Reply
I was hoping that there are enough SleepStyle units out there by now to justify the effort of recoding for the new format, presuming that's even possible. I used to have an ICON and the software worked nicely with it but F&P replaced my ICON with the SleepStyle unit under warranty when the big pushbutton failed. I was very happy to get the far superior SleepStyle unit but was also worried that F&P might have changed the data format and rendered the software unusable - sure enough, they did.
Post Reply Post Reply
The hard part is understanding the data.  Given that OSCAR's goal is to add new machines and update old ones.

Quote:If anyone out there is capable of solving this puzzle please let us know.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  F&P SleepStyle - Clear Airway/CentralApnea LookingForACleverHandle 6 781 08-03-2023, 07:20 AM
Last Post: Beach Junky
  OSCAR does not see F&P SleepStyle 200 USB data jeffww 1 826 07-09-2023, 09:24 PM
Last Post: LookingForACleverHandle
  Fisher-Paykel SleepStyle: Event type and duration in OSCAR bill.page 7 1,414 04-05-2022, 12:11 AM
Last Post: GuyScharf
Question How to import data from F&P SleepStyle to Oscar 1.3.0 Palathius 12 2,557 03-29-2022, 08:10 PM
Last Post: Andre Carignan
  OSCAR 1.3.0 Linux amd64 with F&P SleepStyle data import issue [Solved #15] jonno6766 14 1,477 01-23-2022, 11:49 PM
Last Post: GuyScharf
  F&P SleepStyle Auto SD Card tchan28 0 1,321 03-01-2019, 11:33 PM
Last Post: tchan28
  F&P Sleepstyle and Sleepyhead software binoscope 5 4,045 05-30-2018, 04:09 AM
Last Post: Mazoir

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.