Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR and Philips RemStar Pro
RE: OSCAR and Philips RemStar Pro
I'll take a look at it tonight or tomorrow. OSCAR ignores the last.txt, so that shouldn't be the problem. The "-1" does indicate an error. I'm surprised there are no other debug messages...I must have missed a corner case somewhere.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just took a quick look at it, and there are two issues, one peculiar to your card, one an OSCAR bug:

1. It looks like your card was somehow cleared/erased at some point. Maybe by Encore Basic or Encore Pro? All of your data is being stored in Clear0 instead of a folder named after the serial number of your machine. What's the history of your card? Maybe this is how machines record when there's no last.txt? (But I don't think so, since I've moved SD cards before, and a new machine will make a new last.txt...)

2. OSCAR's detection code is inconsistent with its loading code. The loader will happily load data from Clear0 directories (which I sometimes see on machines, containing and older chunk of data, along with newer data in the serial-numer-named directory), but evidently the card detection code won't.

I'll work on that for the next release.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-23-2020, 05:49 PM)pholynyk Wrote: I'm a little confused. What is the difference between a Remstar Plus (like the 451) and the Remstar M-series?

The 451 model is the Philips-Respironics System One REMstar Plus (50-series).  The old Respironics REMstar Plus M-series are very old and use the smart cards, needing a special card reader.  See THIS PAGE.  They don't use a standard SD card like the System One machines:

[Image: which-remstar.jpg]

[Image: PR-model-1.jpg]    [Image: PR-model-2.jpg]
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks SS - It's good to have an old-timer for a historian.
lots-o-coffee
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-24-2020, 12:43 PM)sawinglogz Wrote: I just took a quick look at it, and there are two issues, one peculiar to your card, one an OSCAR bug:

1. It looks like your card was somehow cleared/erased at some point. Maybe by Encore Basic or Encore Pro? All of your data is being stored in Clear0 instead of a folder named after the serial number of your machine. What's the history of your card? Maybe this is how machines record when there's no last.txt? (But I don't think so, since I've moved SD cards before, and a new machine will make a new last.txt...)

2. OSCAR's detection code is inconsistent with its loading code. The loader will happily load data from Clear0 directories (which I sometimes see on machines, containing and older chunk of data, along with newer data in the serial-numer-named directory), but evidently the card detection code won't.

I'll work on that for the next release.

@eenvader this should now be fixed in beta-2 and later.

What's the history of your card? It looks like it got cleared at some point?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  import data from Philips Alice NightOne into OSCAR FHTC 6 268 03-09-2024, 08:36 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Missing graphs, Philips BiPAP autoSV Advanced 30 SenatorBirch 7 649 10-22-2023, 08:52 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Philips Care Orchestrator & Patient Access(?) StratCat48 10 5,250 10-17-2023, 06:46 PM
Last Post: The Rog
  Current firmware for the Philips dreamstation johnathonm 177 82,656 08-30-2023, 04:14 PM
Last Post: Lucky7
  Philips CPAP auto, 6 or 12 graphs in OSCAR. RickEiben 6 856 05-20-2023, 12:38 PM
Last Post: RickEiben
  Philips replacement - SD card issues - REMStar Auto 60 series to Dream Station 1 JshMD 2 953 04-05-2023, 08:05 PM
Last Post: Aces
  Smart Card & Software for the old Respironics Remstar Auto M-Series ?? JoyD. 7 2,866 03-02-2023, 11:13 AM
Last Post: JoyD.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.